Kids Shows Non-Binary Characters

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Are you sure you are men?
You all argue like girls and are sensitive like one on this subject!

If you are men,do your wives know how you like to go for lonely walks in the back streets of Darlinghurst and Surry Hills?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Interesting. Warner Bros characters back in the day used to shoot each other, assault each other, kidnap each other, restrain each other, all signs of your typical mass murderer.

And yet - it was funny and I don't believe we trained up a generation of mass murderers from it.
True but I do have an unhealthy obsession with ordering products online from Acme Inc :-).

axeman23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yesterday morning I got up with my 7 year old daughter and was watching this show called Ridley Jones with her. She's like a girl Indiana Jones that goes on adventures..

A few minutes into the episode, a Bison has their Grandmother come into town that they haven't seen for a while. The whole episode the young Bison is conflicted as instead of being a Granddaughter Bison, they identify as a male name and are non-binary.. But they don't know how to tell the Grandmother..

Then eventually they muster the courage and the Gradmother accepts it etc but they go into pronouns and everything..

What the actual fuck is going on when they're putting this stuff into kids shows aimed at 4-10 year olds? I told her to switch the show off and never watch Ridley Jones again. What's next, an abortion Bluey episode? A gay Peppa Pig episode?

I'm all for inclusivity and my daughter accepts and loves all people for who they are and want to be but kids will learn about this stuff in good time but to have it rammed down their throats in kids shows is insane. At this age it just confuses them and it's a conversation we need to have with them, not have Ridley Jones talk about..

I'd love to hear everyone else's thoughts. Especially fellow parents...

axeman23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Interesting. Warner Bros characters back in the day used to shoot each other, assault each other, kidnap each other, restrain each other, all signs of your typical mass murderer.

And yet - it was funny and I don't believe we trained up a generation of mass murderers from it.
And this is the same generation that cancelled Pepe Le Pew for being too "rapey".... You can't make this shit up! :tearsofjoy:

axeman23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Here we go.. Who is wanting the TV to educate my daughter? Far from it, she watches a bit for entertainment. If they have fun facts about animals or spelling etc like some shows do even better. But are you saying any subject is okay to broach on pre school programming?

Again, why stop there and not have a Dora Explorer episode where she gets an abortion? Or her sister got molested by her Uncle etc? Why stop at binary/non-binary?

"Can YOOOUUU find uncle Rockspider?" :sweatsmile:

axeman23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
A bigger population isn't taking shit away from the elite, that's why they're the elite. If anything a bigger population = more slaves for them. Look at us peasants fighting amongst our selves while they hoard all this imaginary wealth.
Sounds JUST like something an Elite would say to get us to let our guard down... :tongueclosed: haha

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
True but I do have an unhealthy obsession with ordering products online from Acme Inc :-).
I remember when Techno was a big thing in Australia and there was a joke going around that said, "If Video games like Pacmac actually had any influence on us, then we would all be moving around in dark rooms, eating pills and listening to repetative music"

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Cancel culture was invented by the left mate. Sure, that doesn’t mean it can’t be used by others, but the point is, it was invented by “woke” people against those they deemed to be opponents of libertarianism. Netflix pulling the show would suggest it came from the right or “unwoke”. I’m sure they’ve “cancelled “ people before but it’s generally not in their m.o. They prefer to argue and demean them instead.
Actually, cancel culture is just a trendy term invented by the right to try to make the left seem more sinister than them. It's just another form of censorship, and the right has just as much form as the left when it comes to censorship from a historical POV. Books, rock bands, horror movies, video games, science.... you name it, the right have tried to censor it.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The world we live in right now

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Wow, this show has been absolutely hate bombed on Rotten Tomatoes and IMDb. Was reading about the show's creator, Chris Vee. Apparently, she started creating shows like this because as a child, she didn't feel there were any shows that were representative of her and she didn't want kids living in today's society to experience the same problem. A bunch of people took exception to this and complained until the show got pulled.... because kids shouldn't have to know about it, at that age. But kids who are living Chris Vee's reality do know about it. The more society pushed back at shows like this that try to give them representation, the more lonely their reality becomes, IMO. I don't think Chris Vee is the one doing the indoctrinating. It's those who don't want to acknowledge her childhood experiences who are maintaining the doctrine of normality.

Last edited:

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They also have blind and deaf kids and kids with other disabilities that she's amazing with..
Sadly this is the group of people still not represented and supported enough. Kids that really need it, but you hardly ever hear about them. It’s very sad tbh. I remember a day at the footy years ago, the bulldogs had all these kids (may have been some adults) with Down syndrome performing and it was one of the most heartwarming things I’ve seen at the footy. I get a bit of that thrill whenever I see the man in the sheds that the club supports.

If you’re not in one of the trendy groups, you’re shit ool. Not that they don’t need attention too, but I feel the kids with disabilities have always had it toughest.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you mean, "Liberalism"? Libertarians are generally anti-cancel culture. Imposing your will on others goes against the heart of Libertarianism.

Cancel culture started as a left wing thing, but it has since been used by both sides. Heavily used by both sides. On the right it's mainly Conservatives. Anything they consider to be against their stance on family values immediately gets targeted with cancellation.
Yeah I probably meant liberalism. I’ll take your word for the rest as I only ever hear it coming from the woke, e.g against J.K Rowling and Dave Chappelle etc. I’m probably left of centre but think most of the woke stuff is just nonsense.