Kids Shows Non-Binary Characters

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
anyways - the offending show.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah, some of them were pretty full on. No shit, but I actually remember watching Pepe Le Pew at a kid and thinking this skunk is going too far. Leave her alone, already, dude. This ain't right
We all thought that he was creepy as fuck but it was still funny. I mean in his defence he thought it was a skunk, and animals exactly big on consent now are they.. Have you ever been to a dog park? Haha

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
I'll just leave this here....
:tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
We all thought that he was creepy as fuck but it was still funny. I mean in his defence he thought it was a skunk, and animals exactly big on consent now are they.. Have you ever been to a dog park? Haha
I guess the issue is cartoons humanise animals by giving them human characteristics. Don't think bisons are generally too concerned about choosing gender roles, either lol.

I don't think many kids would grow up to be rapists because of Pepe Le Pew, but I do understand why some parents are concerned about that sort of humour. It does kind of trivialise and humorise something that's a very serious issue. A lot of dudes out there who won't take no for an answer.

If I had kids I wouldn't ban them from watching Pepe, but I would sit down and have a discussion with them about how while the behaviour might come across as funny in a cartoon, it's not appropriate in the real world.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Yeah the gun situation over there is scary as shit. And a lot of their public schools are fucked in every way and dangerous, underfunded, understaffed, poor grades across the board etc..
It's absolutely terrifying. I'd be nervous going there for a holiday, let alone living and sending kids to school there.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If my kids believe in god, that's when I'm gonna start worrying.
We don't believe in God either but still have a problem with this.. It goes back to my point of not everything has to be black and white with left/right... Conservative/Non-Conservative etc.. Sometimes you can be liberal as fuck with many things thing and more sensitive about others. I guess I think questioning your gender shouldn't be a discussion for preschool kids but that's just me..

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Whenever there is a non binary kid at a school, the whole class and year would discuss it so it's something that the school and the parents will handle as it arises.. 99% of kids are tolerant and accepting of anyone and know about respect.
Except if the kids have already decided they don't like non-binary because they've been influenced to hate it by their parents, peers, church, etc.

Kids seem more tolerant now days. But there's so much hate in the world right now, and the kids pick that up. Surely it can't be that bad to just allow a little more tolerance. Even if it confuses the kids.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Except if the kids have already decided they don't like non-binary because they've been influenced to hate it by their parents, peers, church, etc.

Kids seem more tolerant now days. But there's so much hate in the world right now, and the kids pick that up. Surely it can't be that bad to just allow a little more tolerance. Even if it confuses the kids.
To your point though, those kids even if they saw this episode would still have the same views down the road because of their parents.

At no point will my daughter ever be allowed to think less of someone who is non-binary. She and all of her friends will be tolerant and loving of any gender/sexuality/race etc..

But thankfully she's pretty happy with being a girl and I won't be shy in saying that I think there's nothing wrong with that and ignore anyone that tries to tell you different because you're way too young to even think about anything like that. Other parents will have that conversation.

Like I said, I've had plenty of talks with her over the years about not letting strangers ever touch you or take you anywhere and about members of our family being gay, dying etc.. Which most other parents wouldn't for kids so young. So everyone has something which they're more conscious of. To me, gender is a big one as kids change their minds so much and are so easily influenced that making a big change like that even for a 15/16 year old is a huge decision that should be years and years in the making..

My missus best friend has a daughter (now them/they) that bow identifies as a man and she's only 15. Her Mum is going through it trying to deal with it. And years later they might change their mind and identify as something else. I think it's out there too much to the point where kids change their gender like they change clothes sometimes. They need to know it's a serious and long term decision and I think a kids show like this doesn't get that message across which is where it gets dangerous.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are sending our children to Islamic school, would rather god loving children without the agenda.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah, some of them were pretty full on. No shit, but I actually remember watching Pepe Le Pew at a kid and thinking this skunk is going too far. Leave her alone, already, dude. This ain't right
What makes you say, it was a he or she.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
this is part of the plan to reduce world population believe it or not, encouraging people to become non binary, absolutely no surprise to see hacky and doogie support this in this thread and downplay it, then psycho doggie liking their comments, exactly the 3 people who think the world is going to end if they don't cull population

its just like the push for womens rights is first and foremost a way to put downward pressure on birth rates, making it a contentious issue means women will defend their rights harder especially their reproductive rights

lets say i wanted women to wear less clothing, the best way to do that is not act like a perve and admit that you want them to wear less clothing, you should say that women are sluts if they wear less clothing and make it an issue, then women will feel like they should wear less clothing just to make a point

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
this is part of the plan to reduce world population believe it or not, encouraging people to become non binary, absolutely no surprise to see hacky and doogie support this in this thread and downplay it, then psycho doggie liking their comments, exactly the 3 people who think the world is going to end if they don't cull population

its just like the push for womens rights is first and foremost a way to put downward pressure on birth rates, making it a contentious issue means women will defend their rights harder especially their reproductive rights

lets say i wanted women to wear less clothing, the best way to do that is not act like a perve and admit that you want them to wear less clothing, you should say that women are sluts if they wear less clothing and make it an issue, then women will feel like they should wear less clothing just to make a point
Why do they want less people?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
its all clearly described in the kissinger report that was signed into official US policy