Social Media Kevin Walter's in the mix to coach the dogs

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
this video was from 2 years and a few days ago, phil gould and the channel 9 panel responding to walters claims of being able to win a premiership in 3 years as pie in the sky stuff, so it wasn't very apparent that it was automatically a great situation at brisbane, they were claiming how it was a rabble and how walters wouldn't survive

walters deserves more credit, certainly from people on the kennel who are married to the gould idea of rebuilding

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Walters has a team stacked with SOO players that should he competing for a comp everyone year. They just got beat by the titans without Tino. Interesting timing to bump this post fkn lol

Last edited:

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Walters gave a teamcc BFF stacked with SOO players that should he competing for a comp everyone year. They just got beat by the titans without Tino. Interesting timing to bump this post fkn lol
our football boss called them crazy to say they can win a premiership by this time or next year and they are a long term fix, maybe the kennel is the not smart people?

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
our football boss called them crazy to say they can win a premiership by this time or next year and they are a long term fix, maybe the kennel is the not smart people?
You think broncos are winning the premiership?

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
they can, its definitely not pie in the sky like gould claimed only 2 years ago

if they do win ill for sure bump the thread to remind you about it
Gus works in the media and Broncos were a rabble despite a quality list. I reckon broncos are a fair way off winning a GF IMO. Bump it when they win bro!

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Gus works in the media and Broncos were a rabble despite a quality list. I reckon broncos are a fair way off winning a GF IMO. Bump it when they win bro!
i bumped it because they are much closer to winning a premiership than the bulldogs and im annoyed at the kennel for making me wait 10 years before complaining about results because gould said so

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
i bumped it because they are much closer to winning a premiership than the bulldogs and im annoyed at the kennel for making me wait 10 years before complaining about results because gould said so
TBH we are in a much worse position than the broncos bro. Broncos have unlimited resources and the best juniors in QLD. You are comparing apples with oranges bro

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
TBH we are in a much worse position than the broncos bro. Broncos have unlimited resources and the best juniors in QLD. You are comparing apples with oranges bro
this is not the reading of the June 22 2021 edition of gould or the other experts

the broncos have the same salary cap (apparently), other teams have just as much access to their juniors and they had the same starting point at the end of 2020 as the bulldogs (3 wins 17 losses), so this is a massive difference this season, a short term fix

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kevie has done a good job cleaning up the mess he inherited from siebold. They have certainly got a top 4 roster but he deserves credit for turning the place around and some smart recruiting and offloading decisions eg getting rid of myths lodge, tpj and recruiting Reynolds and Walsh - not sure calls were all 100% his but he would have played a part. He also called KO out be telling him not yet ready for top 30 which was spot on given what we have seen in dogs jumper.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
this is not the reading of the June 22 2021 edition of gould or the other experts

the broncos have the same salary cap (apparently), other teams have just as much access to their juniors and they had the same starting point at the end of 2020 as the bulldogs (3 wins 17 losses), so this is a massive difference this season, a short term fix
If you think the salary cap between us snd the broncos is the same with the catchment of young players and TPA advantages they have I don’t know what to tell you bro. Anyway in 3 years we will be just as competitive as the broncos this year. I’m not sure of your point bro

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
If you think the salary cap between us snd the broncos is the same with the catchment of young players and TPA advantages they have I don’t know what to tell you bro. Anyway in 3 years we will be just as competitive as the broncos this year. I’m not sure of your point bro
the salary cap difference is not so much that they are 2nd and we are 2nd last, my point is kevin walters was a better choice than barrett and that he can rebuild a team quicker than gould can imagine he can

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kevie has done a good job cleaning up the mess he inherited from siebold. They have certainly got a top 4 roster but he deserves credit for turning the place around and some smart recruiting and offloading decisions eg getting rid of myths lodge, tpj and recruiting Reynolds and Walsh - not sure calls were all 100% his but he would have played a part. He also called KO out be telling him not yet ready for top 30 which was spot on given what we have seen in dogs jumper.

Wayne Bennet left the mess for Siebold- Siebold walked into a shit show and couldn't steer them out of it

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He also called KO out be telling him not yet ready for top 30 which was spot on given what we have seen in dogs jumper.
That was a reason KO wanted out. Also he was promised more money from the Dolphins. That's why they put a transfer fee on him, knowing the Dolphins couldn't pay it. He wasn't promised a half's position.

Have a look at the half's waiting in the wings at the Broncos. :tearsofjoy:

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
being not much of a coach is a great coach btw, players improve under those conditions and brisbane are flourishing right now

don't act like they haven't improved massively under walters, its the opposite of des halser who is much of a coach and has players in a straight jacket
Yes has nothing to do with Reynolds, Walsh, mann etc.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
the salary cap difference is not so much that they are 2nd and we are 2nd last, my point is kevin walters was a better choice than barrett and that he can rebuild a team quicker than gould can imagine he can
You’re not getting my point bro. Dogs don’t have the juniors or TPA opportunities of the broncos. The broncos get the best draw every year, they are in a market that the NRL cannot afford to lose. Comparing a broncos rebuild and a dogs rebuild is fkn madness bro.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That was a reason KO wanted out. Also he was promised more money from the Dolphins. That's why they put a transfer fee on him, knowing the Dolphins couldn't pay it. He wasn't promised a half's position.

Have a look at the half's waiting in the wings at the Broncos. :tearsofjoy:
He was promised a top 30 spot not a halves spot

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wayne Bennet left the mess for Siebold- Siebold walked into a shit show and couldn't steer them out of it
It started under Bennett. Siebold walked in & tore down quotes from Bennett etc & all the founding players etc. (went down like a fart in a submarine)

Siebold white anted Michael Maguire for the Souths job & thought the Broncos gig would be walk in the park.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Recruitment of Walsh! They let him go and he is only there cause he wants to play for the broncos. Nothing to do with good coaching or management