moose79

New Pup
Reaction score
Waste of money if he only plays 10-12 games & is gone for the rest of the year

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Most of his injury problems were due to mismanagement by the Eels. this year he has had a hammy and a quad injury (on different legs I think). That's just part of playing footy when you are a speed player. If he had a chronic shoulder like billy or knee like the Stanleys I'd be a lot more worried.

cyborg66

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats why we need stanley to retire we don't need more players made of glass!!!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He's definitely injury prone and having busted hamstrings will plague him the rest of his career. Obviously that can lead to further injuries in other places like his thigh, quad or groin too...

Justin Hodges would miss many games a season because of his hamstrings and Forans seem worse!

He's a very good player and will make a huge difference but when was the last season he played more than 18 games? The guy has had bad hammys his whole career and that's the reason why we shouldn't have paid him top dollar.

And none of this is even mentioning the off field issues.. If he was asking for 800k to 1 million, we should have offered him two thirds of that because he historically only ever plays two thirds of a season each year.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just heard Foran is out of tomorrow's clash with a thigh injury.
Just a concern when we signed him is the amount of time out of is career he has had with injury particularly his hamstrings
Have we bought damaged goods both mentally and physically?
Don't get me wrong when he is on the park he is a great player. I just would be peeved the club spending big bucks on someone playing say 14 games a year. Reynolds has had a reletively good run with injury in his career
I dont really buy into this whole injury prone thing. The NRL is the toughest rugby league competition in the world, and rugby league is one of the toughest, most physically demanding sports in the world!! Injuries are expected!! Not having many during your career is simply incredible luck.
Foran, pound for pound is one tough footballer. Sure he has had some injuries, but so have everyone. If it was the same injury over and over again you might worry, but in this case its just a thingh injury. Deep tissue bruising. So its not a hamstring or shoulder issue, so in my mind im glad they rested him.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Mismanagement by the Eels? Oh wow. Just wow. He played 9 games for them. His injuries started before he even hit first grade at Manly and have been with him ever since. Nothing at all to do with the Eels in any way whatsoever!
Not what Foran himself said, but still you would know and he wouldn't. He is only a dumb footballer.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
You know him do you? So you would know that it wasn't his hamstring at all that kept him out for the Eels then? Can you cast your mind back a year and remember it was his SHOULDER that was the problem while he was at Parra? Remember.......
Do you remember he didn't start that season due to his hamstring problem. Remember...... He then came back hurt his shoulder and was then made to play even though HE told them it wasn't right and then stuffed it completely ruling him out for the season. Remember......Then his off field problems blew up. Remember...... I do.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Can't believe how bias some people are on here, can't even accept that Foran is injury prone ffs.

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most of his injury problems were due to mismanagement by the Eels. this year he has had a hammy and a quad injury (on different legs I think). That's just part of playing footy when you are a speed player. If he had a chronic shoulder like billy or knee like the Stanleys I'd be a lot more worried.
Jarrod Mullen says Hi!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It was either Foran who could be injured for half the season or Reynolds who could be suspended for half the season. Meanwhile Mbye is perfectly fit yet still missing for the whole season.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Worth noting though, we have a lot of state of the art equipment to get Foran better, stronger, and more reliable.

Fuck... I mean any team that can get:
Chase Stanley
Jacob Loko
Richard Kennar

back to working order, are worth going to!

Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Foran has had mental issues ever since he started playing for Manly Now his body of falling apart

He couldn't handle the pressure of being the next Peter Sterling at parra and now he is expected to be the savior at the dogs

He will be a dud buy and will play a few good games each year but you wouldn't want to to rely on him in big games as his body
will more than likely let him down

Not to mention the temptation to mix with Hayson again in Australia

He is now just banking up his super for retirement funded by the dogs leagues club

Status
Not open for further replies.