Keep The Faith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yesterday's second half was hard to watch without throwing punches at the wall but there were a few variables which influenced the outcome of the game;
  • Eastwood and Kasiano out limited our ball playing structure - taking key ball playing forwards out, put added pressure on Graham to fill this role. With our current halves and hooker, we need the ball playing skills of our forwards to play a greater role than most teams if our attack is going to dominate
  • Reynolds has played limited amount of footy in recent weeks and it showed.
  • Perret is going through a bad patch of form
  • Unlucky not to score through Barba and Perret in the first half - we needed to score more points with the huge wind at our backs.
Defensively, they looked OK for most of the game,my biggest concern was that when Roberts went for a field goal late in the game there was not one player trying to charge down, not a single player moved. This is unnaceptable at NRL level.

Although, i think we need a more dominant hooker and half back - we didnt have that last year and still made the GF. Des will be building the team to the finals as opposed to last year when i think we were so high for so long that it was hard to sustain all the way to the GF. Des will have a plan.... i cannot believe that Des is coaching TRex to not hit the ball hard and run lines at left shoulders of the opposition...there has to be a method to this madness.....Des has something up his sleeves. KEEP THE FAITH!

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
We are now out of the 8. Granted we have a bye up our sleeve most clubs don't, and a much kinder run due to such a horrible start of the year with all the top teams (while everyone was out)

Finals talk is premature.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I will walk naked through Centro if we do not make the 8

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
This needs to have consequences if you do not go through with it.

But I am sure you won't have too :grinning:

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I admire your optimism but I must say the current squad is diabolical and undeserving of any investment from the fans. I have hope for 2014.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Yesterday's second half was hard to watch without throwing punches at the wall but there were a few variables which influenced the outcome of the game;
  • Eastwood and Kasiano out limited our ball playing structure - taking key ball playing forwards out, put added pressure on Graham to fill this role. With our current halves and hooker, we need the ball playing skills of our forwards to play a greater role than most teams if our attack is going to dominate
  • Reynolds has played limited amount of footy in recent weeks and it showed.
  • Perret is going through a bad patch of form
  • Unlucky not to score through Barba and Perret in the first half - we needed to score more points with the huge wind at our backs.
Defensively, they looked OK for most of the game,my biggest concern was that when Roberts went for a field goal late in the game there was not one player trying to charge down, not a single player moved. This is unnaceptable at NRL level.

Although, i think we need a more dominant hooker and half back - we didnt have that last year and still made the GF. Des will be building the team to the finals as opposed to last year when i think we were so high for so long that it was hard to sustain all the way to the GF. Des will have a plan.... i cannot believe that Des is coaching TRex to not hit the ball hard and run lines at left shoulders of the opposition...there has to be a method to this madness.....Des has something up his sleeves. KEEP THE FAITH!
Sorry mate a few days ago I believed in the "grand plan" theory too but lets be honest, any plan that involves losing games is fuking stupid! I will always back my bulldogs but I am still to see anything that resembles a premiership team. This includes effort and coaching. Last year we had a winning formula that was new and caught the oposition without time to work out how to combat it. They had a off-season to do so and did, we did not evolve because we couldn't..half the team couldn't return until half the season was gone.
Between ill-discipline including a zillion penalties, regular first graders being suspended, a bloke hitting the piss bigtime in the off-season, un-fit blokes spending most of the season in rehab, money wasted on a heartless oxygen thief and a general poor effort and attitude all round ...... if this is the grand plan than lets call it nrl trophy suicide! Sporting miracles happen and I am now waiting on this for our dogs!

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sorry mate a few days ago I believed in the "grand plan" theory too but lets be honest, any plan that involves losing games is fuking stupid! I will always back my bulldogs but I am still to see anything that resembles a premiership team. This includes effort and coaching. Last year we had a winning formula that was new and caught the oposition without time to work out how to combat it. They had a off-season to do so and did, we did not evolve because we couldn't..half the team couldn't return until half the season was gone.
Between ill-discipline including a zillion penalties, regular first graders being suspended, a bloke hitting the piss bigtime in the off-season, un-fit blokes spending most of the season in rehab, money wasted on a heartless oxygen thief and a general poor effort and attitude all round ...... if this is the grand plan than lets call it nrl trophy suicide! Sporting miracles happen and I am now waiting on this for our dogs!
I can hear the mighty ducks smacking their hockey sticks on the ice, because the Dogs will make the sporting miracle happen!

GRKDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I dont see Des coaching us to lose, but i see him coaching us to stay in 2nd gear until the time is right. There is no way in the world that what we see in front of us week in week out is what Des thinks will win the comp. There must be a method to this madness and i believe we will come out the other side of the next bye as a different team (i mean he cant let this go on longer). There has to be a game plan. There is no way a coach that i so successful can just think he will get away with what we have seen so far this year. He is too competitive for this to be everything we have this year.

I for one have not lost faith just yet.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We lose, we find excuses, the easiest thing to do is to simply go back to basics.

I haven't seen us do that since early on in the season, we have lapses and until I see some improvement I don't see us worthy of being in contention of playing finals footy because we will simply get smashed by the top 4 team at their full strength squad. We have a long, long way to go to get to that point this season.

I'm optimistic but I am also, realistic and the way we're performing there is a lot more work a head of us. The top 4 team are a mile a head of us in all aspects.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Our kick chase and support play has been average all year these are good guages of a teams attitude ,i still belive our forwards minus trex are fine its mainly our wingers and inu that lose us most of our games ,they drop balls and miss tackles every game this is where changes are needed and well be hard to beat then

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was referring to Bankstown, but throw in Roselands and even Chullora Marketplace because it aint gonna happen, we will make the eight.
No point in just making the 8 to make the numbers. We started the year as heavyweights now sadly we are pussy cats!

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Im confident we will too.
But im still going to bump this thread, weekly, from here till the semis, just so everyone remembers !

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I dont see Des coaching us to lose, but i see him coaching us to stay in 2nd gear until the time is right. There is no way in the world that what we see in front of us week in week out is what Des thinks will win the comp. There must be a method to this madness and i believe we will come out the other side of the next bye as a different team (i mean he cant let this go on longer). There has to be a game plan. There is no way a coach that i so successful can just think he will get away with what we have seen so far this year. He is too competitive for this to be everything we have this year.

I for one have not lost faith just yet.
Sorry to say but I think Des is trying its just our players are not producing. Manly came equal first on the ladder when they won the GF in 2008, and then 2nd on the ladder in 2011. In 2010 they finished 8th and got flogged first week in the finals and got knocked out.

I think this will be the same as Manlys 2010 year with us just making the finals then getting punted first or second week. Hopefully though we can bounce back next year like Manly did. In saying that I hope I'm wrong and would love for us to win it.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I won't hold my breath about making the eight. Sadly, much weaker teams than us put up better performances each week to deserve a finals berth.

The Dogs seem prepared to give 2013 away in order to build for 2014. I just don't know what we are going to build upon!

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I admire your optimism but I must say the current squad is diabolical and undeserving of any investment from the fans. I have hope for 2014.
2014 we will have the same group of players so what will change?

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also remember that Mitch Brown getting concussion was the turning point. Next set knights score.

Status
Not open for further replies.