News Keary set to take less to stay at the Roosters

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Made up numbers ?. So it was reported in multiple media articles that Fifita accepted 1.25M a season with the Titans. Now there's several reports Keary is going to take unders (under 1M) to stay at the Roosters. Yes whenever something becomes obvious we don't like we can choose to stick our head in the sand (like a dumb emu) and refuse to believe it. Doesn't mean it's not true though. If Keary or Tedesco hit the open market it would be a bidding war between probably every one of the 16 NRL clubs (maybe even 17 with the new Brisbane team). It's only common sense they would both get bigger offers than Fifita received. Their managers would also be rubbing their hands together encouraging their players to sign for more $$$ $ (bigger commission for them) UNLESS there was an even bigger FINANCIAL reward from the Roosters behind closed doors now or in future. Wake up !
Yeah your made up numbers. "If Fifita got 1.25M a season Keary could get offers of up to 1.5M - that's $570,000 "per season" more than the Roosters are offering. Does he love the Roosters and winning comps more than his family and more than HALF A MILL a year ?"

So based on a 1.5mil offer that was never made, you calculated Keary was giving up $570,000 per season by accepting our deal and that is proof we're rorting the cap? Can you see why it's hard to take your argument seriously?

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah your made up numbers. "If Fifita got 1.25M a season Keary could get offers of up to 1.5M - that's $570,000 "per season" more than the Roosters are offering. Does he love the Roosters and winning comps more than his family and more than HALF A MILL a year ?"

So based on a 1.5mil offer that was never made, you calculated Keary was giving up $570,000 per season by accepting our deal and that is proof we're rorting the cap? Can you see why it's hard to take your argument seriously?
He doesn't like to be proven wrong and when he has (very rarely) no answer to an argument....

Radio silence

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Every single club in the NRL would be chasing him. What he could get nobody would know including himself. Why sell your house for an average fixed fee when you can go to auction and you know there will likely be 1-17 bidders ?. He could maybe get more than 1.5M Who knows ?. But if he takes the reported $930,000 compared to Fifita, Fifita is already 320K ahead "per season". Are you seriously telling me Keary wouldn't get an offer as high as Fifita ? Are you telling me even $320,000 a season extra isn't enough incentive to test the market ? If not something is definitely going in his pocket behind the scenes and if you don't think so you're just in complete denial just because it's your team

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He doesn't like to be proven wrong and when he has (very rarely) no answer to an argument....

Radio silence
Yeah lets stick up for the Roosters supporter on here. I don't check every post every day.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every single club in the NRL would be chasing him. What he could get nobody would know including himself. Why sell your house for an average fixed fee when you can go to auction and you know there will likely be 1-17 bidders ?. He could maybe get more than 1.5M Who knows ?. But if he takes the reported $930,000 compared to Fifita, Fifita is already 320K ahead "per season". Are you seriously telling me Keary wouldn't get an offer as high as Fifita ? Are you telling me even $320,000 a season extra isn't enough incentive to test the market ? If not something is definitely going in his pocket behind the scenes and if you don't think so you're just in complete denial just because it's your team
You are basing your entire argument on assumption and conjecture, and that's ok as long as you understand, assumption and conjecture are not proof!

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be interested how many Roosters players have received great deals on property in the Eastern suburbs? That’s such an easy way to get around the salary cap that would be hard to police

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be interested how many Roosters players have received great deals on property in the Eastern suburbs? That’s such an easy way to get around the salary cap that would be hard to police
I think property deals are lot easier to police given the NRL stopped this kind of rort with the Cowboys some years back. I remember reading they had a club sponsor who was also a property developer that was giving top players property deals at vastly reduced rates before the NRL cracked down on it.

I would imagine Roosters players are getting rolled gold property and investment advice from Nick and the board as it is stacked with successful business people. But then most clubs would have programs and courses aimed at helping players post their careers. Are those counted towards the cap?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think property deals are lot easier to police given the NRL stopped this kind of rort with the Cowboys some years back. I remember reading they had a club sponsor who was also a property developer that was giving top players property deals at vastly reduced rates before the NRL cracked down on it.

I would imagine Roosters players are getting rolled gold property and investment advice from Nick and the board as it is stacked with successful business people. But then most clubs would have programs and courses aimed at helping players post their careers. Are those counted towards the cap?
Cronulla won the comp and were found to have cheated the cap. We dominated in 2002 and won in 2004 because of that team but cheated the cap to do it. Manly and Brisbane were found to have cheated the cap. Parra and NZ haven't won comps but were found to have cheated the cap.

Melbourne were found to have cheated the cap with several of their premierships. The Roosters have won several titles over the last decade and have a more stacked roster than any other club yet you still maintain that almost all of their rivals have cheated the cap but the Roosters haven't?

Just because it hasn't been detected doesn't mean it's not happening. You talk about wanting proof, how about using some basic logic?

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cronulla won the comp and were found to have cheated the cap. We dominated in 2002 and won in 2004 because of that team but cheated the cap to do it. Manly and Brisbane were found to have cheated the cap. Parra and NZ haven't won comps but were found to have cheated the cap.

Melbourne were found to have cheated the cap with several of their premierships. The Roosters have won several titles over the last decade and have a more stacked roster than any other club yet you still maintain that almost all of their rivals have cheated the cap but the Roosters haven't?

Just because it hasn't been detected doesn't mean it's not happening. You talk about wanting proof, how about using some basic logic?
Ok I'll agree to that, as a science geek I know there have been examples of things that appear to exist without actual proof they do, the Higgs Boson was one. But using that very same logic as you suggest, scientists could not declare the Higgs Boson existed without proving it did. While you and everyone else theorises we are cheating the cap and our squad makes it appear so, that does not amount to proof.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ok I'll agree to that, as a science geek I know there have been examples of things that appear to exist without actual proof they do, the Higgs Boson was one. But using that very same logic as you suggest, scientists could not declare the Higgs Boson existed without proving it did. While you and everyone else theorises we are cheating the cap and our squad makes it appear so, that does not amount to proof.
There isn't proof. Hopefully one day there will be. But it doesn't mean that it didn't
happen or we can't think or say they're cheating.

I mean, even OJ was found not guilty because there wasn't enough proof but do you really think he didn't murder them?

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There isn't proof. Hopefully one day there will be. But it doesn't mean that it didn't
happen or we can't think or say they're cheating.

I mean, even OJ was found not guilty because there wasn't enough proof but do you really think he didn't murder them?
There was proof OJ murdered them, it was the prosecutions failures that lead to his acquittal more than a lack of evidence. But I get your point.

And just as everyone is free to say we are cheating the cap based on their suspicions, I'm free to say we aren't based on the fact we haven't been proven to be. I think it's one of them agree to disagree things.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There was proof OJ murdered them, it was the prosecutions failures that lead to his acquittal more than a lack of evidence. But I get your point.

And just as everyone is free to say we are cheating the cap based on their suspicions, I'm free to say we aren't based on the fact we haven't been proven to be. I think it's one of them agree to disagree things.
I meant proof for a jury to prove beyond reasonable doubt. There was all the proof in the world but the prosecution screwed it up.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

The Dogs certainly wouldn't. Even our board is made up of ex players mostly who ran small businesses. No millionaires among them

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are basing your entire argument on assumption and conjecture, and that's ok as long as you understand, assumption and conjecture are not proof!
Common sense aint that common

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I meant proof for a jury to prove beyond reasonable doubt. There was all the proof in the world but the prosecution screwed it up.
It's Emu syndrome for all 7 of the Roosters fans. If you don't want to see something obvious just bury your head in the sand. Hopefully Politis has a heart attack next time SBW is swallowing politis's little head and the under the table deals dry up. I'd laugh my ass off if he died this year and every one of those players supposedly playing for unders seek a release because the brown paper bags don't magically appear in the lockers on game day.