Kasiano

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He also makes around 40+ tackles a game as well. I don't care how anyone tried to spin it. Averaging 79 metres a game for a season, for a 125+kg monster, is pitiful. Kas averages around 8.7 metres a carry to Tolmans 7.8 so it isn't as big a diff considering he makes about 10 more carries and 25 extra tackles than Sam.
There's a lot more to a prop than just metres. Agree with you if that's all you're basing on but who's more likely to offload? Who are defenders more concerned about stopping? Who's more likely to run over someone 1on1? If a prop draws defenders do holes open elsewhere and do someone else's stats look better as a result?
If I use your logic you would have 4 x Aiden Tolmans in place of a mix of Kasiano, Graham, Klemmer and Tolman. All you'd have to do is figure out which Aiden you want to give the ball to on the 4th tackle

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There's a lot more to a prop than just metres. Agree with you if that's all you're basing on but who's more likely to offload? Who are defenders more concerned about stopping? Who's more likely to run over someone 1on1? If a prop draws defenders do holes open elsewhere and do someone else's stats look better as a result?
If I use your logic you would have 4 x Aiden Tolmans in place of a mix of Kasiano, Graham, Klemmer and Tolman. All you'd have to do is figure out which Aiden you want to give the ball to on the 4th tackle
I wasn't comparing him to Tolman, I replying to someone who was. There is a lot more to a prop than just metres but IMO its the main one. Any prop that runs less than 50 metres in a game either got injured or was being a lazy **** end of story, and since he did it on multiple occasions i'd say he is the latter.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
In what universe could Kas possibly play 60 minutes? Haha.
In previous posts ive mentioned him getting a flogging in pre season dropping 10kgs hell need to this season

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In previous posts ive mentioned him getting a flogging in pre season dropping 10kgs hell need to this season
He actually played 52 minutes in a game this year so it's not that far away from reality. As you say if he lost 10-12kg he would be a million times better but alas he is just a lazy prick.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He actually played 52 minutes in a game this year so it's not that far away from reality. As you say if he lost 10-12kg he would be a million times better but alas he is just a lazy prick.
Wonder who our new trainer will be ? We need someone brutal

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If Sammy is so talented, then why does he not get more game time. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Kas - but lets face it - his contribution to our side is limited. So what do we do - bring him on for short minutes to create opportunities, well yes it happens and yes it doesn't. He's inconsistent and his fitness reflects his commitment. He's been re-signed and I think this is wrong as we'll get more of the same. This guy has to put in or **** off I reckon. To condone his performance by a renewed contract worries me.

Thehighballl

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Kasiano is garbage, fat and a smoker. A pathetic disgrace of a football player.

Thehighballl

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You dont rate him ?

Absolutely NOT. He is a clown, does not take the game seriously. One of the reasons why Frank was sent packing. Frank encouraged Kasiano.

His body is a garbage can, junk food and cigarettes. A absolute disgrace of a so called "Athlete"

I know builders and people on centrelink that take care of their body better then Kasiano does. I look at him in the uniform and imagine the smell of winfield reds.

If he was serious he would be lean and quit smoking. He does all the wrong things. Junk food and cigarettes. I will also never forget after a loss he was laughing with the opposition. Pathetic.

Thehighballl

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
look at the cowboys, players are lean and fit. We have kas and eastwood, no commitment to fitness at all.
you are playing rugby league, it's a must to be fit. We look like we hired a few bus drivers to play for us.

Thehighballl

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You dont rate him ?
I do not rate mediocrity and laziness. Kasiano lacks Self awareness. Athletes should NOT smoke or struggle with weight. He has issues with both. By the way teams have figured him out, half his passes are knock ons and forward. Everyone loves to live from past years performances. 2012 was freaking 3 years. Des has most fans fooled. "He has been in the finals blah blah" Past performances do not hold much weight in finals footy.

look at the Cowboys coach Paul Green, he has not coached any grand finals, he won. Des was home drinking beetroot juice. LOL Des the saviour.

Anyone that think Kasiano will keep getting better needs a reality check and their head checked too.

Thehighballl

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
have you seen kas with 1.5 litre coke bottle after the end of each game?

this tells you how serious he is about fitness.
Oh boy, now this. Ciggies, Coke a cola and junk food. Awesome. Treats his body like a trash can.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Oh boy, now this. Ciggies, Coke a cola and junk food. Awesome. Treats his body like a trash can.
I don't think he just started this lifestyle recently,I'm guessing he probably grew up on kfc and coke and still became an elite footballer.

When I brought my son to one of his first league games there was an islander mum on the opposing team who was bribing her 8\9 yr old son with big macs for each try he scored .

My point is Kas is a forward not a bloody high performing sprinter

Status
Not open for further replies.