KASIANO - The Let Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Why would Kas lose so much weight, prompted by his wedding. Then the media are all over him and he talks the benefits and his commitment to playing more minutes. 4 weeks later, his weight is coming back on and playing normal low minutes and struggling with niggling injuries.. yet again! What the $%^& is being done about this self sabotage?

I dare say if he is being moved on, it is because he gave them assurances he is going to do what is asked of him including ramping up his commitment to workouts and diet - and he may have just reneged on the commitment and let himself and all of us down. What a shame.

Has it been injuries, depression or some tasty kebabs that are just too much for him to stay motivated? Whatever it is, it is such a damn shame because with Frawley being such a revelation, Reynolds turning on and Mbye giving good hooker service and attack as well as the forwards and backs gelling for good defensive and improving attack - look at the platform being laid for Kas to wreak havoc - yet he is going missing again! Arrggh!

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why would Kas lose so much weight, prompted by his wedding. Then the media are all over him and he talks the benefits and his commitment to playing more minutes. 4 weeks later, his weight is coming back on and playing normal low minutes and struggling with niggling injuries.. yet again! What the $%^& is being done about this self sabotage?

I dare say if he is being moved on, it is because he gave them assurances he is going to do what is asked of him including ramping up his commitment to workouts and diet - and he may have just reneged on the commitment and let himself and all of us down. What a shame.

Has it been injuries, depression or some tasty kebabs that are just too much for him to stay motivated? Whatever it is, it is such a damn shame because with Frawley being such a revelation, Reynolds turning on and Mbye giving good hooker service and attack as well as the forwards and backs gelling for good defensive and improving attack - look at the platform being laid for Kas to wreak havoc - yet he is going missing again! Arrggh!
The platform being laid!! Kas has single handily turned games when he comes on. How many games has the attacking game plan for the bulldogs been to wait for the 20 minute mark, then give it to Kas. Frawley has played 2 and half games, Reynolds has been awesome in two games and Mbye played one good half of hooker.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yh he frustrates the shit out of me (most people already know that haha). He should be performing at a Fifita like level, well over 100m a game with tackle busts and offloads consistently. Instead he sits on the bench most the game and struggles to play a 10 minute stint.

When he's on he can be one of the nost destructive forwards in the game, but really he has one of the easiest jobs in the NRL of any player. Be as big as any player in the NRL and have the luxury of resting on the bench most the game while doing none of the hard yards the rest of the pack does. There has been a big improvement in his game the last few weeks though the team as a whole has improved.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
The platform being laid!! Kas has single handily turned games when he comes on. How many games has the attacking game plan for the bulldogs been to wait for the 20 minute mark, then give it to Kas. Frawley has played 2 and half games, Reynolds has been awesome in two games and Mbye played one good half of hooker.
You are making my point! But we have been competitive all year apart from the Manly glitch. Our attack was the only crap component and Frawley and Reynolds are making a big difference as Mantoya etc are progressing in leaps and bounds. How many minutes is Kas averaging in our last 3 games we have won? He is our best attacking weapon and proves it time and time again - so it is a let down big time so see him not be available for longer minutes and more consistently - instead the weight and injuries continue to block the best of him being available more often!

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
And I believe he pushes those dumb passes only because he tries too hard because his minutes are so limited and he feels the pressure to hurry up and make something happen. If he was fitter and had a lot more minutes - he would be even better without that forced part of his game.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree with some of what you said. He should be able to play big minutes - i think he could play more and that it is Haslers' bench rotation which minimises his minutes. But what you said about Frawley, Reynolds and Mbye is garbage. The pressure on Kas to make the big play and to kick start the attack is still there once he gets on. You can feel the difference - he makes things happen, whether it is a strong run carrying four defenders, a quick play the ball or a cut out pass to the winger. Of course there are going to be errors, but he gives us the chance at gaining momentum

Last edited:

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Fellas

Kas looks fitter and faster than he did in previous seasons. His goal atm should be to punch out 45-55 minutes a match.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Doesn't he smoke and like takeaway from what I heard?

His income allows it easily now if true...

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I hope we offload kas and eastwood... those who have been to public training sessions know they are lazy and unfocused... laziness is contiguous, i dont want young up and comers having them as a training role model.... Maybe thats why RFM has been getting little game time, to much of a relaxed attitude hanging around kas and eastwood.

*Disclaimer* * Any journos reading my post, this post is purely my opinion based on my observations not based on any inside information.*

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Kas and the fitness coaches are both to blame for this, Kasiano has put on atleast 2-3 kgs since round 1 and still smokes I think but the fitness coaches also play a part because the argument that Kasiano can't play big minutes because of his size is bullshit I've seen bigger blokes in my life that can run way way more without a problem. I agree with @Gotenks that he should play like Fifita and tbh he should be better then Fifita cause his got way more talent.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Sure, he has made maybe 3 good runs when he first comes on each game - but for $550K that's hardly earth shattering. He's one of those guys we all love and don't want to leave the club but the sad fact is that he is not delivering anywhere near his potential nor anywhere near his price tag.

Sherlock Holmes

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lol at ppl knowing what kasiano signed $$ for keep reading that FAKE NEWS !

Suckers

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
How can someone, whose job it is to go to the gym every day, and be fit, and with a team of nutritionists etc there at their disposal, still be overweight?

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Surely Hasler has to be to blame if Kas is unfit and playing minimum minutes. If Kas is overweight Hasler and his team of assistant coaches can easily get him to do extra drills at training to shed it. Hasler should also be playing him more by giving him a few extra minutes each week to get him more match fit and further reduce his weight.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I hope we offload kas and eastwood... those who have been to public training sessions know they are lazy and unfocused... laziness is contiguous
That's why the Broncos told him to fuck off from the club.

He was put on diets & was caught eating junk food etc, behind the training sheds etc. lol

Was given extra training sessions etc & failed to turn up most times.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Kas always makes an impact when he comes on.. But need more minutes for the money he is on

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How can someone, whose job it is to go to the gym every day, and be fit, and with a team of nutritionists etc there at their disposal, still be overweight?
I have always thought this lol. These guys are training FULL TIME. The amount of food he must eat must be enormous, to still carry all that weight after training full time and playing the game. Same goes with Beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.