KASIANO - The Let Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Weight control and fitness work play a massive part, but at the end of the day you either have a good motor or you don't. Obviously Sam doesn't. It comes down to how much you value his input within those limited minutes.

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The bigger the better.

Who can forget that match when he made a tackle and rolled over the player with his gut forcing the error

Reactions: DT

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Kas is a professional athlete he gets paid big money to play the greatest game on earth in the best jersey on earth if that's not enough motivation to put in 100 percent then he can fuck off.he does have an impact off the bench but 10 minute bursts are a fuking joke , Eastwood is in the same boat imo

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Kasiano is an IMPACT player.

Understand what an impact player is, and that's all that needs to be said.

He's doing just fine.
Disagree . I do understand what a impact player is. There is no way our club is getting value out of him. He is rocks or diamonds player with more rocks than diamonds.

A kasiano that can play big minutes as either as a starting front row (2012) or more minutes off the bench for greater impact is value.

The guy struggles for fitness and always has. His ball skills as a forward are freakish. He probaly has the best hands for a front rower.

My issue with kas:

1. Low minutes off the bench.
2.Poor judgement at crucial times causing errors.
3.Appears to be constantly over weight over a long period.
4. Part of a bro culture which has run its cause in the club. He and others have had there time.

I personally would rather him moved on. I think he has been given many chances to step up yet he hasn't.

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holy shit. I get abused for saying this all the time. Kasiano is all skill, natural talent and no dedication. So much wasted potential. Could be the best forward in the Nrl but he loves his kebabs too much.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
What are you basing this entire thread on? You might be right, but on what basis are you saying he's less fit or heavier than the start of the season?
He comes on starts to do great things and suddenly he goes missing - and often because he has been pulled so quickly - it is so disappointing - then he comes back for small minutes in the second half if at all! It is bizarre! Someone that talented with incredible destructive impact can't offer 40 minutes in a game of 80? It just seems wrong not to want more minutes and do what it takes to achieve that goal.

Last edited:

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
"Why would Kas lose so much weight, prompted by his wedding." Thats the answer right there, he lost weight for his wedding and to look good in the wedding photos.

The problem with Crash diets is that you will easily fall back into old habits and put all the weight back on.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have always thought this lol. These guys are training FULL TIME. The amount of food he must eat must be enormous, to still carry all that weight after training full time and playing the game. Same goes with Beast.
I remember someone on here a while ago said he eats 2 whole chickens a day.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
"Why would Kas lose so much weight, prompted by his wedding." Thats the answer right there, he lost weight for his wedding and to look good in the wedding photos.

The problem with Crash diets is that you will easily fall back into old habits and put all the weight back on.
I get that - personal experience lol but you would think that with so much riding on your weight and fitness so you can play a game you love and leave a massive legacy, you would just stay focused, be determined and make yourself and all the fans proud - not just your wife on a wedding day for the sake of a bunch of photos.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Hands down the most frustrating player at club imo.

Reactions: DT

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I shake my head about the nonsense of people wanting to get rid of kas.

The FACTS and STATISTICS show we score most of our points when he's on the field.

As I said in another thread there is no more value for money player in our team than kas
It's weird hearing facts coming from you.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
He comes on starts to do great things and suddenly he goes missing - and often because he has been pulled so quickly - it is so disappointing - then he comes back for small minutes in the second half if at all! It is bizarre! Someone that talented with incredible destructive impact can't offer 40 minutes in a game of 80? It just seems wrong not to want more minutes and do what it takes to achieve that goal.
Ok, so is this a result of Kasiano's fitness or just the way Des is playing him?

There seem to be some big assumptions in this thread and not many facts.

N

Natboy

No... but what's your point? Hardly is on the field, does some great things and goes missing before he is pulled off. Looks big again - but no, I have not weighed him.
My point is it doesn't look like he has put much weight back on.
He has been playing well.
Do you want him to put a gun to the coaches head to play more minutes?
He can't control how Des wants to play him.
We still look crap until he comes on.
I just don't see the point of threads like this mate

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Kasiano is meant to come on and monster tired packs and I think he does that.

We've seen his critics complain that he isn't the perfect defender if he plays longer stints which is why Tolman, Graham and Klemmer get more minutes.

For those complaining about the number of interchanges he uses, answer this. How often do we run out of interchanges if we aren't hit with multiple injuries?

Players in our team are given roles to play and he is the best impact forward at our club. People want to alter him from an impact player to another workhorse while also complaining we have too many workhorses' already.

Status
Not open for further replies.