Opinion Karl Oloapu

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gus is willing to play the long game, he won't go for desperation huge money signings like the previous clowns in charge.
We don't have the luxury of playing the long game, the joint will be burnt down if we don't show significant improvement this year

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We don't have the luxury of playing the long game, the joint will be burnt down if we don't show significant improvement this year
Who is going to burn it down??

We have to get our expectations in check.

Facts are we have two massively overpaid forwards (no fault or Ciraldo or Gus)

We also have the worst halfback in the league, again no fault of theirs.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Gus is willing to play the long game, he won't go for desperation huge money signings like the previous clowns in charge.
Yep another long season coming up with some good games and some floggings.
In the past management have said it will take time and nothing eventuated.
I truley believe the rebuild has begun now. Im sick of fucking losing so it remains to be seen how I handle the losses but Ill try to remember its still going to take time.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
on that youtube clip 2023 NRL season preview: Freddy & the Eighth - Ep 01 | NRL on Nine
@ 27mins:45secs
When asked about "one of the ones to watch?" Freddy mentioned this bloke, "he's a five eighth but they might play him halfback"
Someone is going to have to play a halfback and I can confidently say it won't be Burton.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bennett looks like he's playing the Penrith kid. TBF they've probably got even less choice than us for halves, and it doesn't mean shit really, but I'm hoping like hell this kid of ours is a rare one that can step up young. Can't see CC rushing him if he's not ready but there's no harm in a bit of hope is there? Flanno gives me none.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bennett looks like he's playing the Penrith kid. TBF they've probably got even less choice than us for halves, and it doesn't mean shit really, but I'm hoping like hell this kid of ours is a rare one that can step up young. Can't see CC rushing him if he's not ready but there's no harm in a bit of hope is there? Flanno gives me none.
Just noticed that Oloapu is now in the 30 squad, it looks like Gus and CC are fast tracking him into the NRL..

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
When we signed him he was added to our top 30!
Intention is there to play him, the question is…when? Another question is can he make the leap at NRL level and is he able to provide us with the spark, creativity and vision a #7 should?

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Intention is there to play him, the question is…when? Another question is can he make the leap at NRL level and is he able to provide us with the spark, creativity and vision a #7 should?
not necessarily, brisbane promised him top30 and they didnt, so in order for us to sign him, it had to be top30. Im sure there were no promises in that either but hopefully he plays NSW cup this week and plays well

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Someone is going to have to play a halfback and I can confidently say it won't be Burton.

Had a nice convo with a local lad today in Bailey Hayward... Has absolutely blown up over the pres season and had a generous growth spurt. Kid is very mature for a 21 yr old and i reckon he is on the cusp of his debut. Told him on the sneak to get ready by rnd 3, just waiting for Flanno to fail, he chuckled and acknowledged it is a very cut throat business.

Told him how he loves a chip and chase and if he is working with shifty? He said yes, also doing extras with him and how he is watching old vids of him. Kids a gooden, hopefully he starts off well in NSW cup and cracks first grade soon.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Anyone know Haywards contract situation?

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Had a nice convo with a local lad today in Bailey Hayward... Has absolutely blown up over the pres season and had a generous growth spurt. Kid is very mature for a 21 yr old and i reckon he is on the cusp of his debut. Told him on the sneak to get ready by rnd 3, just waiting for Flanno to fail, he chuckled and acknowledged it is a very cut throat business.

Told him how he loves a chip and chase and if he is working with shifty? He said yes, also doing extras with him and how he is watching old vids of him. Kids a gooden, hopefully he starts off well in NSW cup and cracks first grade soon.
i don’t see the hype in this kid but Atleast he is actually a number 7.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
not necessarily, brisbane promised him top30 and they didnt, so in order for us to sign him, it had to be top30. Im sure there were no promises in that either but hopefully he plays NSW cup this week and plays well
It will be interesting if they start him in Jersey Flegg or Cup this weekend.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It will be interesting if they start him in Jersey Flegg or Cup this weekend.
Flegg.

Asked Bailey and JR if they will be CUP halves and JR was like yeah most likely as he doesnt think he will get a run in first grade. Rather mind you JR loves playing mind games, must be the Desler in him.