Opinion Karl Oloapu

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure Gus would’ve promised him a debut this season, especially since the whole reason he wanted out at the Broncos is because they didn’t give him top 30 as promised.
Yes exactly that. I’m not sure if KO would be prepared to bide his time in lower grades as development @ Dogs, given the hissie fit he threw at the Broncos over supposed 1st grade / top 30 promises there. After all we paid $500k+++ for him. However given his very young age, I would like to see him play firstly in Knock on Effect Cup (and kill it there) before he is given (handed) FG debut. Still puzzled why he did not get a run in the 2nd half against Sharks in trial.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes exactly that. I’m not sure if KO would be prepared to bide his time in lower grades as development @ Dogs, given the hissie fit he threw at the Broncos over supposed 1st grade / top 30 promises there. After all we paid $500k+++ for him. However given his very young age, I would like to see him play firstly in Knock on Effect Cup (and kill it there) before he is given (handed) FG debut. Still puzzled why he did not get a run in the 2nd half against Sharks in trial.
The $500K was a transfer fee. He didn't get that. He's on $125000 a season.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Apparent 500k!! -Media
Like its been said multiple times that he had to train at least 6 weeks before he could play as per nrl rules.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Personally I am not a season ticket holder this year, have been in the past. I attend games in a corporate capacity (don't ask).

Always a Bulldog
No worries mate I knew you were connected like Lego. Just interested in what kind of membership everyone has.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m a gold member off Accor better value I reckon than dogs membership
I’m already registered for this year but I’ll check that out and keep it in mind for the future considering we’ll probably utilise Accor for a while yet. Cheers.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I’m already registered for this year but I’ll check that out and keep it in mind for the future considering we’ll probably utilise Accor for a while yet. Cheers.
the advantage is you get SOO and GF, plus other like bledisloe etc, free GWS games and thunder games

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Apparent 500k!! -Media
Like its been said multiple times that he had to train at least 6 weeks before he could play as per nrl rules.
Oh ok thx didn’t realise this 6 week limitation. That explains it. Only noted announcement on club website on 27/1/23.
So 6 weeks after that would be around 10-11/3 earliest before we get to see him round 3 or so probs in nsw cup. Is that right?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh ok thx didn’t realise this 6 week limitation. That explains it. Only noted announcement on club website on 27/1/23.
So 6 weeks after that would be around 10-11/3 earliest before we get to see him round 3 or so probs in nsw cup. Is that right?
Starts when the Contract is lodged with the NRL.

Always a Bulldog

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Damn so we still don’t have a 7 lol…

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
When the Dogs digital team add 'Halfback' to his profile his photo should revert to the Backs section.
Teams don’t run their own websites.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Think the days of us paying overs or throwing away money is gone. As you say we desperately need a HB and as an example it would appear the club didnt make Moses an offer he couldnt refuse. If you set aside Gus in the media, I beleive he is a very smart, shrewd, exeperienced operator when it comes to doing business.

I dont get the political part about Flano.
Gus is willing to play the long game, he won't go for desperation huge money signings like the previous clowns in charge.