Opinion Karl Oloapu

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I’ve been seeing this same post for the last 6 seasons. Never really happens.
We finished 2nd last year and have had 1 of the best reserve grade teams for 2 years now. This year will be the same. I think due to not being selected/given a fair run in NRL (running out the usual suspects/duds every week, too cautious, etc.) we haven't seen many kick on, but I'm sure there are other reasons too.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who here thinks Burton could play 7 and Oloapu at 6 when he's ready ?
That’s the long term goal I’d say, but forget numbers, just that you want two quality halves that compliment each other. As long as between them you have enough tactical play and kicking and directing the side around the field.

If Karl works out I’d expect this combination to be our starting halves for years to come. Hopefully it does work because Karl definitely has the potential. If he can perform in the NRL we’ll finally have a decent halves pairing.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How did Tanner look during preseason?
He was doing what he did in NSW cup last year. He is a worker, doesn't back down, Tolman like tbh with a bit more leg drive and is a good scrambler.

I knew he would be a smokey, even put him in my predicted line up without realizing he wasn't in the 30...

Cracker Physic, RFM type magic mike stuff.

He probably wont dominate in tackles but he'll keep coming.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He was doing what he did in NSW cup last year. He is a worker, doesn't back down, Tolman like tbh with a bit more leg drive and is a good scrambler.

I knew he would be a smokey, even put him in my predicted line up without realizing he wasn't in the 30...

Cracker Physic, RFM type magic mike stuff.

He probably wont dominate in tackles but he'll keep coming.
Yes I was surprised he wasn't in our top 30, he was the best prop in reserve grade last season.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We finished 2nd last year and have had 1 of the best reserve grade teams for 2 years now. This year will be the same. I think due to not being selected/given a fair run in NRL (running out the usual suspects/duds every week, too cautious, etc.) we haven't seen many kick on, but I'm sure there are other reasons too.
Too good for reserve grade but too shit for first grade. Classic example averillo

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Karl Played 7 in NSW Cup in the 34-4 win overt the Dragqueens.

Fingers crossed the dogs succession planning can mould him into a first grade 7.
Any idea/word on how he went?
By the result you would think probably ok......but we had a similar result vs Melb in 1st & you couldn't say Flanno had a huge role in the outcome...(though he wasn't terrible...)

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Can't wait until he replaces Burton, will be nice to have a real 5/8

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
really want to play that club again...full team..thomo..aint gonna happen this yr..pangai...kikau..and with KO

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I really hope this kid is a success, both for himself and the clubs sake, you never really know who you are until you are really tested. His moment is here I hope he grabs it with both hands. Pressure crushes some blokes and turns others into diamonds, Be a diamond KO.