K Foran

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Foran is all class could prove to be one of our best ever signings

I still think if we find or recruit a good halfback we would do even better with him at 6 taking the ball to line on our edges like he used to do at Manly outside DCE
He was the chief playmaker at Manly allowing DCE to just concentrate on his running game

6 or 7 Foz is the shot caller make no mistake about that

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Foran is all class could prove to be one of our best ever signings

I still think if we find or recruit a good halfback we would do even better with him at 6 taking the ball to line on our edges like he used to do at Manly outside DCE
Except he didn't play outside DCE lol. Foran didn't have as many possessions but he was the one that more often than not got the play started with DCE on his right and Brett on his left. Manly also had Glenn that acted as another ball player so they were blessed with options. We don't have those options so we need Foran on the ball more often than not.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He was the chief playmaker at Manly allowing DCE to just concentrate on his running game

6 or 7 Foz is the shot caller make no mistake about that
He is the shot caller for sure.. just think he might be better at 2nd receiver where he can target outside defence more like he did in his Manly days playing outside DCE..

I wish JMK the best, he may be our answer , we will become a gun side once we find Forans longterm partner in crime in the halves

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Except he didn't play outside DCE lol. Foran didn't have as many possessions but he was the one that more often than not got the play started with DCE on his right and Brett on his left. Manly also had Glenn that acted as another ball player so they were blessed with options. We don't have those options so we need Foran on the ball more often than not.
I get all that why hes 7 in our colours.. he was definately 6 at Manly and DCE was 7.. Foran used to terrorise the edge defenders having Glenn Stewart and Watmough running off him back in those days

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Was he a 7 or 6 at parra? He was on fire for however long he played for them.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree. He needs help, and I am glad pay hooked Frawley. Jmk probably not the answer but we need another half who can help out and provide real kicking options.

Beastmode

New Pup
Reaction score
I think you boys are looking at yesterday’s Kieran Foran. Today’s version is beaten up and missing a step or three.

He might only be 27 but he’s got a body of a 32yr old...

Still got the footy brains, I’ll give him that but it’s not useful without the complimentary parts both in personnel and physical attributes.

Started out with a hiss and a roar with the Warriors but always struggled to break the line and could see he’s missing that deceptive speed factor which made him so potent at Manly.

Just look at Benji Marshall. Pretty ordinary without that burst of speed to break the line.

Btw, first time caller and short time listener but always been a doggie fan having lived in Padstow back in the day...

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some posters on here thinkin he wasnt a stand out last night? The guy is awesome and really puts his body on the line. Imagine mitch moses trying to make some of them one on one tackles that foz made.....haha. no chance.
Im glad most people on here have gone into bat for him. No foran last night and we lose. Id rather say thanks foran than 'oh, u missed a tackle......fuck
My thoughts exactly and it seems 99.9 percent of kennelers think the same we are finally all going in the same good direction the team will need the same commitment against sloughs Me thinks

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only thing that Kieren didn't do well tonight was the after game celebration DOGS ARE HAVING A PARTY song he actually looked shy by the end of the year he will be leading the chant

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
The only thing that Kieren didn't do well tonight was the after game celebration DOGS ARE HAVING A PARTY song he actually looked shy by the end of the year he will be leading the chant
Do u have the video or can anyone post it

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you boys are looking at yesterday’s Kieran Foran. Today’s version is beaten up and missing a step or three.

He might only be 27 but he’s got a body of a 32yr old...

Still got the footy brains, I’ll give him that but it’s not useful without the complimentary parts both in personnel and physical attributes.

Started out with a hiss and a roar with the Warriors but always struggled to break the line and could see he’s missing that deceptive speed factor which made him so potent at Manly.

Just look at Benji Marshall. Pretty ordinary without that burst of speed to break the line.

Btw, first time caller and short time listener but always been a doggie fan having lived in Padstow back in the day...
Yeh I used to not think his body was an issue cause I genuinely believed we needed a general with something in between the ears. I like what he offers offensively but watching him move defensively, it is bad. The turn and chase on Campbell Guillard? Was bad... I don’t think a half should be outpaced by a front rower.

The teams can see this, and are deliberately hitting that edge.

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
Good exclusive interview on Fox and article too
Thanks for the heads up, bloody oath good read. I'm so happy for Foz.
I see Dean Pay the way they do, i have a heap of faith in him regardless of a few things.

Status
Not open for further replies.