Josh Reynolds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Mbye's poor kick led to one of their try's and the other was from Lee's poor defense, so i dont know where you are coming from?
reynolds made some errors last night of course, but he is playing with no hafback dont forget. do you want him to step back and wait for Mbye to take control? then we have no attack, he takes it upon himself to cover mbye as well.
would love to see reynolds be able to step back and take the ball when required if we had a quality halfback inside him, unfortuately we dont.
I'm not disagreeing about what your saying about last night but as mentioned in my post I'm referring to his game in prior years. Plenty of times I see people say "did you see the try Josh scored" but they ignore the other things he does which cost us points.

One point where I will disagree with you on is that Mbye needs to be moved to 6 with a decent halfback. At the end of the day Josh is off contract at the end of this year and Mbye has ages to run. If Des sticks around he will persist with Mbye in the halves no matter what so our best hope is for a decent halfback to be brought to the club.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Jason Taylor knows how to remove these types of players. Des should give him a call.

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reynolds was one of our best. Had some moments that hurt us badly. Some of those moments could easily of been penalised against the storm (if it was Reynolds doing it to them they would of been awarded for sure) that said he still gave us a lot
More then he cost. He belongs in the halves a lot more then mbye
We just need an organising halfback to partner him, maybe it will Reynolds game. He offers more to the team than most.

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He will never be the organising leader, but he's a good 5/8. He just needs a good 7 next to him. How can we pay Mbye so much money to do nothing, how????
Amen...he shows up to play everytime he pulls on that Jersey. He just needs a good halfback to help him.

good doggie

Waterboy
Gilded
Reaction score
Food for thought. For a player who has been touted as a future star by Thurston he does not involve himself anywhere near enough and his kicking game is abysmal. He played a lot of different positions for us in the lower grades , fullback, hooker, centre, five eight and half. What is his very best position?
Umm that would be left right out

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Reynolds played well tonight YES HE FUCKED UP a couple of times but he is only one that backs up
I'd have loved to see Reynolds play tonights game on a dry field.
There were more team related fuckups that pissed me off more than Reynolds mistakes.
How about:
  • No speed off the line defence at all. They waited for for the Storm go get to them, and then put defence into action. We handed them 10 metres on every play. That's half the fucking field per set. When Vunivalu scored that incredible try the Mozzles stood like statues. They didn't know he was coming?
  • Our attack. A couple of short passes early, but then went back to the half speed hit ups that got us nowhere. When the backs on the left side got the ball it was like pass the parcel; no one went forward. The dynamic duo, The Mozzles, did bugger all
Now lets have a look at Josh Reynolds. He ran sideways... but he RAN. Joshe and Brenko Lee started to form a combination. That was proved beyond doubt when Brenko went through a hole Josh cut for him and then Josh backed up for the inside pass and scored a try. That was top class football and Josh was the instigator.

Okay, passion won't win games. But lets translate passion into attitude and commitment. Those two things win grand finals. If our forward roster had the "passion" Josh Reynolds has we would have the NRL's most dominant pack. If our backs had same "passion" they would be able to rack up the points that win games. If one or two of our NRL roster had a real rush of shit to the brain they might develop a short kicking game.

And to finish, if Josh Reynolds rubbed up against enough of our first graders, that lost treasure, the Bulldogs Culture might be found and make our club great again.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Food for thought. For a player who has been touted as a future star by Thurston he does not involve himself anywhere near enough and his kicking game is abysmal. He played a lot of different positions for us in the lower grades , fullback, hooker, centre, five eight and half. What is his very best position?
Centre

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The reality is for 2018 (unless we win comp this year) Grub will be let go and we will get an organised halfback ironically probably Foran. Actually I reckon that's why Des will get an extension because the board probably knows Forans here next year. Ok I'm dreaming

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
The reality is for 2018 (unless we win comp this year) Grub will be let go and we will get an organised halfback ironically probably Foran. Actually I reckon that's why Des will get an extension because the board probably knows Forans here next year. Ok I'm dreaming
U do know Reynolds is not a halfback yeh?

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I know we lost tonight but I thought there were some positives.I also know how polarizing Josh Reynolds is to Bulldogs supporters,but Fair Dinkum if he wasn't on the field tonight it could have been ugly.Yes he can do some STUPID things on the field but his PASSION and COMMITMENT to this team can't be denied.I thoroughly enjoy watching this bloke run out in the Blue & White every week coz I know that whether it's good,bad,smart or stupid at least I know he is giving 100% effort.That is something that when we are at our worst we lack.There were plenty of instances of that tonight esp in the first half & I think Reynolds was one of the main sparks in turning that around.
Anyway I don't expect you all to agree with me but am interested in opinions.
Either him or Mbye should be 5/8 with a NRL standard organising halfback outside if them at 7... the team will improve immensely straight away

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
James O'connor anyone?

Young man is on the hunt for a NRL club

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
He had a crack. Can't say the same for m'boy and a dozen or so players.

bulldogtimbo

Hazem's kicking tee.
Reaction score
His game tonight hardly warrants this kind of post, few dropped balls in the wet other than that his game was fine.
I thought that was the reason for my post.Thank you for summing it up for everyone.Also apologies if my post isn't up to your high standards.

bulldogtimbo

Hazem's kicking tee.
Reaction score
There were more team related fuckups that pissed me off more than Reynolds mistakes.
How about:
  • No speed off the line defence at all. They waited for for the Storm go get to them, and then put defence into action. We handed them 10 metres on every play. That's half the fucking field per set. When Vunivalu scored that incredible try the Mozzles stood like statues. They didn't know he was coming?
  • Our attack. A couple of short passes early, but then went back to the half speed hit ups that got us nowhere. When the backs on the left side got the ball it was like pass the parcel; no one went forward. The dynamic duo, The Mozzles, did bugger all
Now lets have a look at Josh Reynolds. He ran sideways... but he RAN. Joshe and Brenko Lee started to form a combination. That was proved beyond doubt when Brenko went through a hole Josh cut for him and then Josh backed up for the inside pass and scored a try. That was top class football and Josh was the instigator.

Okay, passion won't win games. But lets translate passion into attitude and commitment. Those two things win grand finals. If our forward roster had the "passion" Josh Reynolds has we would have the NRL's most dominant pack. If our backs had same "passion" they would be able to rack up the points that win games. If one or two of our NRL roster had a real rush of shit to the brain they might develop a short kicking game.

And to finish, if Josh Reynolds rubbed up against enough of our first graders, that lost treasure, the Bulldogs Culture might be found and make our club great again.
Well someone get's my point finally.For all his errors and brain-snaps we would struggle without his commitment if only more of our players played with the same commitment we would win a LOT more games.

Last edited:

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Well someone get's my point finally.For all his errors and brain-snaps we would struggle without his commitment if more of our players played with the same commitment we would win a LOT more games.
He forced a drop ball
He was there in pushing out a storm player over the sideline (hes always there for this type of play)

He called for the ball on both sides and took command to try and link up with mbye

He has faults for sure. But at the moment he's our best half in the club

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
If the boneheads at our club are stupid enoughto offer Mr Passion a new contract
they should only offer him 120k
cause no other team is even dumb enough too offer him a contract

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mbye for centre. Agree100%.

The only problem there is that he suffers from "Left Side Syndrome" the same as Josh Morris. But the good new is that going on the game against the Storm JMoz's days are numbered. Twice when high balls came his way he impersonated a statue. So did bro BMoz when Vunivalu scored that incredible try.

So lets go to the polls... Moses Mbye for left centre. :grinning:

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How about:

Yes we were playing that 'one side of the field' footy again, this time to Josh and Brenko and like you I really thought that they did pretty well. Yeah a few errors, but all in all, considering Lee will have to be still learning the way things are done at the Dogs, very positive. Not too many others made the effort to sniff around a ball runner looking for the offload and for that Josh deserves praise.

I have to agree with the assessment of the Mozzles, very out of sorts and no noticeable impact at all. I rather think that we did not send much in the way of attacking effort to their side as that was where Smith, Cronk and Vunivalu were principally defending and they were offside all night stifling any efforts to make metres. (Maybe that is why the side of Lee and Holland was more utilised.) Our back three on that side of the field Mozzles and Hoppa still showed that they don't want to attack the ball rather let it bounce and roll. It has become so ingrained that sides know exactly what they will do. That Vunivalu try was so soft and notwithstanding that the kick was pinpoint no effort made to counter it at all.

With our line speed in defence we need to learn to cheat like every other side in the competition who commence their push forward before they are actually entitled to. For years now we have played that way and you are right in saying that we seem to wait for the attacking player to come to them rather than get up in their faces and ask some real defensive questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.