Josh Reynolds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Mbye isn't a 7, that's the bottom line. But we are talking about a coach who keeps trying to wingers into fullbacks and wants to make Klemmer a lock.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Mate it's gonna get you a hell of a lot further than someone who don't give a shit!!
I'm tired of all the excuses they keep coming up with. Clearly the fans have been lied to because nothing has changed lol.

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
Reynolds has been in first grade since 2011.. He's had good go he just doesn't cut it

Reactions: CCC

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I would use josh renoylds how rod jenson was used at the Cowboys about 10 years ago. Play him on the bench and just roam the field like a super sub.

He is def not a 5/8 and he has been around way too long to see if things are going to change.

Also I really think Brett morris will be wasted outside josh morris. I know this won't happen until he retires on his own terms but he is also holding the club back he offers absolute zilch.

Id like to see lee and Hoppa in centres, renoylds on bench or out completely, holland replaced with a quicker stronger winger and I more Tolman and Graham starting.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Bunch of nuffies. Without reynolds we dont even get 1 try.

Things to consider:

-have you tried kicking in pouring rain?
-possibly Des orders Reynolds to kick
-possibly Mbye isnt in position to receive the ball on the last often
-possibly Lichaa is just passing to Reynolds coz hes always there
-storm may or may not have appeared to have a better kicking game, but they were starting their sets about the same distance from their goal line as we were after kicks
-after the first 5 minutes storm didnt score any tries from kicks (or at all) even though they have one of the best kickers in the game

Now Perrett is gone i see reynolds is the new scapegoat even though he was one of our best.

And the fkn commentators. Every time we had the ball they death rode us and flamed us, and every time Storm had the ball the commentary box was a sea of jizz. You would think they were smashing us by 36 not 6. Anasta is the worst, hes still butthurt about something with us, i don't know what. Hes the reason we dont have JT all this time so he can such my left nut, seriously

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I havent seen Mbye do anything at halfback.. for all his errors at least Reynolds brings some positives hes always involved

Reactions: DT

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I want to comment so bad about both our halves.... but u told myself at the beginning of the pre season that i would give them until round 6

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't agree sorry. It's great that people want to see his positives but you need to look at the negatives too. The player that turned things was Kas.

He lost the ball in key position due to trying to play it too quickly, lost a ball while we were attacking because he tried to pick it up with one hand.

He needs to calm down and be composed, as one of the commentators said you rarely see Cronk do those types of things.
You have the nub of it. Reynolds should by now have the experience to remain calm and play for advantage - instead, he has brain explosions that result in something clever, but more often something plain stupid.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Mbye will never be a halfback. He even sucked in the All Stars match.
He sucked in the Allstars game because of the "structures" ;)

That seems to be the "get out of jail free" card that gets played on here to defend how average he's been.

At least Roberts had "that one game" v Broncos I think where he was on another level, Mbye could never have one of those games.

We're just screwed with our halves in general, time to play young kids and blood them, it's not like we're going to give it a shake this year anyway.

Reactions: DT

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bunch of nuffies. Without reynolds we dont even get 1 try.

Things to consider:

-have you tried kicking in pouring rain?
-possibly Des orders Reynolds to kick
-possibly Mbye isnt in position to receive the ball on the last often
-possibly Ljust passing to Reynolds coz hes always there
-storm may or may not have appeared to have a better kicking game, but they were starting their sets about the same distance from their goal line as we were after kicks
-after the first 5 minutes storm didnt score any tries from kicks (or at all) even though they have one of the best kickers in the game

Now Perrett is gone i see reynolds is the new scapegoat even though he was one of our best.

And the fkn commentators. Every time we had the ball they death rode us and flamed us, and every time Storm had the ball the commentary box was a sea of jizz. You would think they were smashing us by 36 not 6. Anasta is the worst, hes still butthurt about something with us, i don't know what. Hes the reason we dont have JT all this time so he can such my left nut, seriously
As I said earlier Reynold lovers only see one side of the equation. Not talking about yesterday but in general. They see the one try he sets up but ignore the other 2 he let the opposition
score with stupid kicks or errors at crucial times. Until those people comment objectively on his performance and stop making excuses for a 28 year old player I can't take their opinion seriously.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's shit. Got no idea what to do on last tackle wish that wanker didn't block me on twitter so I could hammer him some more this year.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
He tried hard and wasn't all that bad, but he is such a snapperhead under pressure.
Fuck I pissed myself when commentating, Blocker says he has 'no calmness' in him, and they pan to Joshy who on cue is banging his skull with his fist.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't understand the Mbye Vs Reynolds debate. Neither are suited to the positions they play. At least I can see Mbye fitting in somewhere and he has time on his side. Reynolds just isn't good enough. It's not his fault though - we've had plenty of time to recruit a decent half.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Josh has the ability to be one of the best impact players in the nrl. He would be great off the bench... if we restructured our team you could have great strike power on bench with kas, reynolds, eastwood and 1 more.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know we lost tonight but I thought there were some positives.I also know how polarizing Josh Reynolds is to Bulldogs supporters,but Fair Dinkum if he wasn't on the field tonight it could have been ugly.Yes he can do some STUPID things on the field but his PASSION and COMMITMENT to this team can't be denied.I thoroughly enjoy watching this bloke run out in the Blue & White every week coz I know that whether it's good,bad,smart or stupid at least I know he is giving 100% effort.That is something that when we are at our worst we lack.There were plenty of instances of that tonight esp in the first half & I think Reynolds was one of the main sparks in turning that around.
Anyway I don't expect you all to agree with me but am interested in opinions.
I'm sick of hearing about his passion!! He is the only five eight in the Comp that can't throw a cut out pass, the only five eight that can't do a cross field chip or even a proper bomb... josh Reynolds would not be a starting Half in any other team

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think Mybe is the bigger problem.
He just not a halfback.
Standing flat footed and throwing hospital passes as per last night is a real concern.
I know he good player.
Just not a halfback.
Food for thought. For a player who has been touted as a future star by Thurston he does not involve himself anywhere near enough and his kicking game is abysmal. He played a lot of different positions for us in the lower grades , fullback, hooker, centre, five eight and half. What is his very best position?

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Food for thought. For a player who has been touted as a future star by Thurston he does not involve himself anywhere near enough and his kicking game is abysmal. He played a lot of different positions for us in the lower grades , fullback, hooker, centre, five eight and half. What is his very best position?
1. Hooker
2. Left Centre

Status
Not open for further replies.