Josh Reynolds shoulders blame for Bulldogs’ loss to Storm

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Josh Reynolds shoulders blame for Bulldogs’ loss to Storm

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...m/news-story/07fee4cf523dae00b75edc9c43d86931

BULLDOGS players have urged Josh Reynolds to keep his head up after the five-eighth blamed himself for the team’s opening round loss against Melbourne.

Reynolds apologised to his teammates moments after last Friday’s 12-6 loss to the Storm — shouldering responsibility for a number of crucial errors.

Despite this frank honesty, star winger Brett Morris says his passionate playmaker wasn’t the only Bulldog who struggled with ball control on a wet night at Belmore.

“Josh was trying hard the whole game and you can’t fault his effort,” Morris said.

“Certain parts of the game maybe he needs to come down a little, but it was across the park.

“It wasn’t just Josh. There were blokes making errors on catches and passes, which were at crucial times.

“It wasn’t just Josh’s fault and the boys reaffirmed that to him.”

Josh Reynolds apologised to his teammates after the Bulldogs’ loss to the Storm. Picture: Gregg Porteous
As one of the NRL’s most passionate players, Reynolds often carries the burden of defeat when the Bulldogs fail to perform.

This often shows through the five-eighth’s game, where his frustration can lead to mistakes.

Morris admits Reynolds could improve his on-field temperament, but urged him not to change his energetic approach.

“That’s the way Josh plays,” he said.

WATCH: Our experts dissect NRL Round 1 in the Monday Bunker

“He plays with his heart on his sleeve. He is a passionate bloke and he is an absolute competitor.

“Sometimes I think, and he knows it within himself, that there are times when he needs to knock it back a gear and think about the time of the game and where we are at and what is needed.

“He is aware of that, but as a player we love him.

Josh Reynolds is one of the NRL’s most passionate players. Picture. Phil Hillyard
“He tries hard every week and that’s all we can ask for.

“He is one of those guys who is passionate about his team, club and the way he plays.

“Certainly if he lost that, you’d start to worry.

“That’s what we love about him and we don’t want that to change.

“He can be hard on himself at times, but you’ve got to realise there are 12 other blokes out there and we can all pick up the slack as well.”

Brett Morris during the Canterbury Bulldogs warm up for their training session at Belmore Sportsground. Picture. Phil Hillyard
Emerging back-rower Raymond Faitala-Mariner says Reynolds’ passion for the Bulldogs inspires him to become a better player.

“I’m just a person who is trying to be at Josh’s calibre,” he said.

“He is a real passionate guy and he is one of those players who wear that blue and white jersey with pride and takes it seriously.

“I thought he was one of our best players on the weekend.”

I started to read this thing and then couldn't stand it anymore. Is it just me or do our guys need to harden the fuck up? Ohh and a big glass of shut the fuck up wouldn't hurt either! Sorry this, we're going to do that....none of it ever bloody happens....so over it!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I didn't read but you can blame pretty much all 17 players and coaching staff for the loss. Also Grahams pregame talk/scream is looking even more and more useless.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sick of hearing the bullshit excuse for his fuck ups that he's passionate. I've seen better guys running round in local pub league then this wanker. And we all
Know des the joke will never drop any players in the starting 13 he just swaps bench players round.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He hit his peak 20 games into his career, he went back to the being the worst half in the game and now has receded to the worst player in the NRL

Its over, I would be happy to cut our losses from this week and never play him again

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Now you admitted you are a problem, stop talking shit and do something about it.

But he won't, he will fuck up at least 4 times on Thursday...

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Now you admitted you are a problem, stop talking shit and do something about it.

But he won't, he will fuck up at least 4 times on Thursday...
Its like when a politician says "I take full responsibility" when there us a stuff up.

It means nothing.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sick of this crap TBH. Just DO better. I don't care who you want to blame or not blame. As a team you need to actually perform and not wax lyrically on about how well you're training and the effort you're putting in. If this is the best they have to offer then it's not good enough and they can try and reignite their form at another club.

kirk buttercup

Waterboy
Reaction score
Talk is cheap wages are not. He will be judged on what he does on the pitch, not the Media talk off it. The guy plays with heart and I applaud him for it but him and a few others need to play with there brains too.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Talk is cheap wages are not. He will be judged on what he does on the pitch, not the Media talk off it. The guy plays with heart and I applaud him for it but him and a few others need to play with there brains too.
That's just a mask for is inconsistency. I don't get how people still think Reynolds is a decent player. You just have to watch the Parra game where Gutherson who used to be a fullback/winger is killing it as a half. We need to drop this guy until he can do the tasks necessary of a first grade quality half, being passionate doesn't cut it.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is exactly why Josh Reynolds is a perfect off the bench 15 minutes a half impact guy now, less time to fuck up running around like a headless chook...the big thing i like about Joshy is that he appears to be too stupid to actually follow Des' hopeless game plan, so that gives me hope that he will just forget everything Des tells him pre game...i wish they all would

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
At his age, and with his years in the top grade, it's about time Josh had a bit of maturity about him, and started directing the play. His bursts of clever play are fine, but he needs to take the team with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.