Josh Reynolds (Departing) Consolidated SUPER THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It hasnt been announced hes going anywhere. Its journos assuming what will happen now they think foran is coming here (which is also not official)
The wording in this article is pretty strong. ... although there is nothing about him signing a contract, just hat he has agreed to join tigers.

At $950K a year, he could drive whatever car he wants...

Josh Reynolds signs deal to play with the Wests Tigers from 2018
  • April 26, 2017 11:53am
  • by DAVID RICCIO
  • Source: The Daily Telegraph
OFF-CONTRACT Bulldogs favourite Josh Reynolds has agreed to join the Wests Tigers on a massive four-year deal.

The former State of Origin player told Bulldogs officials yesterday of his decision to join the Tigers before revealing the move to his teammates today.

The deal is believed to be worth up to $950,000 a year and includes a car.

The 28-year-old has played 129 matches for the Bulldogs since 2011, including appearances in the losing 2012 and 2014 grand finals.

He has also played for the NSW Blues in four State of Origin matches and was one of the stand-out players of the blues’ drought-breaking series win over Queensland in 2014.

It had been widely tipped Reynolds was headed for the exit after news broke that Kieran Foran would be heading to Belmore next season.

Foran will reunite with former Sea Eagles coach Des Hasler.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Tiny part of me thinks (probz hopes) Cronk and Foran

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
As per the latest news , dogs have given the flick to Josh Reynolds. Now I want to ask all the haters what are yous gonna do and say if Reynolds absolutely kills it ala Mick Ennis, wins the Dally M and or a premiership at Tigers in next 2 years?

I hope yous all put your hand up and confess that you were all wrong about him.

I am still waiting for the people who did that too Ennis 3 years ago on this very same forum.
Didnt flick him, he got a ridiculous offer to play elsewhere. We offered 500k which is just about right, pluse hed have a job for life. We did stick by him big time in 2015 when other clubs would of thrown him to the scrap heap.... furthermore, We fckd up with Mbye but that doesnt mean we have to set a standard now and pay everyone overs.... We had 2 GF's with Reynolds and couldnt get the biz done. Time to start moving on. Tolman and Eastoow hopefully next.

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mate I know this cos I have gone through this over here 3 years ago defending Ennis.

He was given the same treatment by the same people over here.

He goes on to prove what a massive blunder it was and history is repeating here.

Dejavu.
Give me a break!

Ennis was a completely different kettle of fish.

Its common knowledge that Ennis was hamstrung by Hasler. When he went to the Sharks he was allowed to play the football that suited him. He thrived on that and as a result helped the Sharke to a comp. Good on him. He proved Hasler had no idea.

Reynolds on the other hand does what he wants on the field. Sometimes he doesn't even know whats coming next. As a half you cannot play that way in the modern game. He crabs accross field and just hopes it comes off. His long kicks are the worst in the NRL. His defence is abysmal. He is a turnstile in defence. His shoulders are stuffed.

How much exactly did you want the club to pay????

The telegraph is saying $950k per year. No one in their right mind would pay anywhere near that to retain him.

And in regards to his passion for the dogs I call bullshit on that one too. I bet he shows the same passion at the Tigers. Its his style of play. He doesn't have the talent of others and therefore needs to compensate with passion and aggression.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out Josh.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
yeah just like Mick Ennis after leaving the dogs.
I loved Mick..but my love has waned since he retired..selfish bastard..stuff his family..I wanted him to continue playing.. lol!

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
With Foran apparently delivered to the club, I can see why they let Josh go. However, a large part of me thinks he will be a better player away from Belmore having to find his feet again and prove himself.

Time will tell but the question must really be asked, what is the plan? Are we signing a 'rockstar' fullback to cover the loss? We sure aren't going to re-sign Lichaa or Hoppa if they let Reynolds go that easily. That leaves us short in the spine, even with Foran coming. Mbye is not a half and has not proven himself a first grade hooker in my opinion either. Frawley is unproven yet. ????

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Give me a break!

Ennis was a completely different kettle of fish.

Its common knowledge that Ennis was hamstrung by Hasler. When he went to the Sharks he was allowed to play the football that suited him. He thrived on that and as a result helped the Sharke to a comp. Good on him. He proved Hasler had no idea.

Reynolds on the other hand does what he wants on the field. Sometimes he doesn't even know whats coming next. As a half you cannot play that way in the modern game. He crabs accross field and just hopes it comes off. His long kicks are the worst in the NRL. His defence is abysmal. He is a turnstile in defence. His shoulders are stuffed.

How much exactly did you want the club to pay????

The telegraph is saying $950k per year. No one in their right mind would pay anywhere near that to retain him.

And in regards to his passion for the dogs I call bullshit on that one too. I bet he shows the same passion at the Tigers. Its his style of play. He doesn't have the talent of others and therefore needs to compensate with passion and aggression.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out Josh.

you can have a break.

Ennis was hamstrung by Hasler but not Reynolds who has shown he is a different beast when he is a playing next to a decent half back.

Des has a history of over paying duds and getting rid of quality players.

Yes we cant match tigers offer , that is only cos Des has paid overs for Mbye, Liccha, Eastwood, etc and we have got no money left to pay for Reynolds.

If Reynolds goes we couldnt afford him to due the consistent failures of Des as the bulldogs head coach , then his head should be on the copping block.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reynolds should go to the tigers.

Last weekend sealed the deal for me.. a few plays left and the dogs had to make it happen, what did reynolds do? give it to frawley to put up a bomb, the least experienced member of the team..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So how much did mbye sign for since you apparently know ?
Did i say i know? I don't know how much he signed for, all i know is that i have been told a few different figures from people that apparently are in the know on here and in person and none of those figures were 800k for this season.

Upupcronulla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The one argument that I can't stand is that Des restricts Reynolds, people forget that Reynolds probably would've never got a chance at 5/8 if it wasn't fo Des
Also the fact it's clear that reynolds plays to no structure. Runs around like a lunatic out on the field

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Reynolds should go to the tigers.

Last weekend sealed the deal for me.. a few plays left and the dogs had to make it happen, what did reynolds do? give it to frawley to put up a bomb, the least experienced member of the team..

this is Des's game plan for you.

dont believe me? ask Ennis.

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
Did i say i know? I don't know how much he signed for, all i know is that i have been told a few different figures from people that apparently are in the know on here and in person and none of those figures were 800k for this season.
Its back ended. Four year deal and you will find that we will be paying through the nose in the last two years for this dud.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
IF reports are true, He got a dream contract and took it. Can't blame him for that.

We have two many running 5/8s, one was off contract this year, one wasn't. So far, we've kept the one on contract, and offered the one off contract what the club deemed he was worth, but he rejected it.

If a rival company offered me double my salary, and my existing employer wouldn't come close to it, I'd go too.

Club loyalty ain't worth $2m over four years.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a Reynolds hater but it's a little more complex. I'd be jappy to keep him but not for 750k. Our halves are not giving us collectively what we need that's why we need to go to matket.

If he doesn't stay then I hope he still does well. Just like I was happy for Ennis last year, he deserved his premiership. It's a big if as to whether any future success for Reynolds would come about due to a different team, coach & playing style versus would could happen if he stays.

At the end of the day we need significant changes and that will be based on contract timing, cap space and available players.

For the record I didn't want Ennis gone but understood the club's rationale around succession. To date it wasn't the right decision.

Guess we will see what happens very soon.

Upupcronulla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I for one am sad to see him go, I really liked the mbye and Reynolds combo ;)

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Well the thing is, the club can't force mbye out, he has a contract in place. Knowing des his contract is no doubt backended to the shit house so we would be paying a good chuck of that for him to play for another club. I'm not really sure what other options the club would have if they want foran

Status
Not open for further replies.