Josh Reynolds contract?

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would. Brown covers the entire spine and lock, Reynolds doesn't. Our squad is not versatile enough to pass on that sort of utility value.
I have no real opinion on the matter .... just know that CC has been greatly impressed with Reynolds.

My understanding is that Brown was signed as the backup hooker.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't say he was handed a spot on sentiment.

Nu Brown will be our utility. Reynolds may get a run at some stage but he's mainly in the squad for his leadership, experience and his versatility if we get injuries later in the season.
I thought you said it was a feel good story ... must be mistaken.

You must have some good mail to speak with such certainty on the matter.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I thought you said it was a feel good story ... must be mistaken.

You must have some good mail to speak with such certainty on the matter.
Nah I did say it's a feel good story. I didn't say that's why he got picked though.

No, I just think Brown is the better and more versatile player at this stage of their careers. We'll see how both go in the trials. One thing is for sure, Josh is always going to play with a tonne of energy and maximum effort.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Could be a handy 14 to cover 6,7 and 9. Wouldn’t play him any more than 20 minutes though, probably the last 20.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I have no real opinion on the matter .... just know that CC has been greatly impressed with Reynolds.

My understanding is that Brown was signed as the backup hooker.
Brown could also be the first choice as the utility 6 7 and 9. Reynolds behind him in the pecking order for that role in case of injury or suspension.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brown could also be the first choice as the utility 6 7 and 9. Reynolds behind him in the pecking order for that role in case of injury or suspension.
Could also depend on what type of 14 CC wants ... flair/unpredictability (Reynolds) or solid/toughness (Brown)

It is not hard to imagine a situation where Flanagan isn't creating a lot so he turns to Reynolds off the bench.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah I did say it's a feel good story. I didn't say that's why he got picked though.

No, I just think Brown is the better and more versatile player at this stage of their careers. We'll see how both go in the trials. One thing is for sure, Josh is always going to play with a tonne of energy and maximum effort.
You are a good sport @B-Train .... most posters i have little disagreements with never speak to me again HAHA

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Could also depend on what type of 14 CC wants ... flair/unpredictability (Reynolds) or solid/toughness (Brown)

It is not hard to imagine a situation where Flanagan isn't creating a lot so he turns to Reynolds off the bench.
I agree.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I've always favoured a bench of 2 middles, a 2nd rower and a utility. This covers a lot of situations that crop up, but not everything. Reynolds could make some impact late in games while fresh against tiring forwards.

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
Would he of got a top 30 spot if Bailey Biondi-Odo was fit?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I didn't say he was handed a spot on sentiment.

Nu Brown will be our utility. Reynolds may get a run at some stage but he's mainly in the squad for his leadership, experience and his versatility if we get injuries later in the season.
JR is a better player than Nu Brown on one leg, even at his current age. JR will be the utility, for shiz. When I am proven right, I want you to acknowledge it. You never acknowledge when I am right. This is your opportunity.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I agree with him he is a ****. Another Bulldogs detractor. He can go fuck himself along with Rothfield Kent and all those other gronks who claim to be professional journalists. What a joke
well considering the mole is good friends with gus i doubt he'll be bad mouthing the dogs anymore... as for the other 2 ***** drunkfield and kent I 100 percent agree with

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This makes grub first in line to replace Burton at origin, injury or suspension.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few points....

* Just great to have him at the club to nurture the younger guys and show our juniors where hard work can take you.
* A great utility and back up for hooker, halves and maybe even lock.
* Life after footy will look good for him as I'm sure he will have a job around the club and team for years to come.

What ever they are paying him which wouldn't be much, it's a great move to get him back in the blue and white which ever way you look at it.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
For completeness

Always a Bulldog
"But head coach Cameron Ciraldo this week decided to reward the veteran for his enthusiasm and drive in the pre-season with a full-time contract for Reynolds' second stint at the club."

Spots 31-40 (Development Contracts) are still full-time contracts, are they not? Even though not in the Top 30.

Would still be an upgrade from the $1,000 per week train and trial, and would still keep "him here full-time".

Have seen the Top 30 assumed (because "Full-time"), but not confirmed.

Anyone seen an actual confirmation?

The Dog House

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
"But head coach Cameron Ciraldo this week decided to reward the veteran for his enthusiasm and drive in the pre-season with a full-time contract for Reynolds' second stint at the club."

Spots 31-40 (Development Contracts) are still full-time contracts, are they not? Even though not in the Top 30.

Would still be an upgrade from the $1,000 per week train and trial, and would still keep "him here full-time".

Have seen the Top 30 assumed (because "Full-time"), but not confirmed.

Anyone seen an actual confirmation?
He’s in the team photo which is reserved for only Top 30 players. You see no other development player in there