News Josh Reynolds completes stunning Bulldogs comeback

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Do people not get that Okunbor is now a FORWARD? He's on the bench for impact through the middle because our pack is as weak as piss. I think he should start. He'd probably bend the line as good as King does.
Maybe they shouldn.t leave him on the bench all game then.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I don't think CC and the Kennel have got the same priorities. We want to win the premiership this year, we want to win every match this year. Ciro wants to learn everything he can about our existing players, with a view to the future. What can they do now, what can be coached into them, what is never going to be coached into them, who is a keeper, and who should be moved on?
Exactly :grinning: the crux of "the problem".

We are long suffering loyal fans of a once mighty dynasty of entertainers and dogs of war. We've experienced the highs of brilliant attacking footy and brilliant punishing defence footy.

The past several years have not onky been unsuccessful...they've been disgraceful and soul destroying with controversy, sub par roster and Admin and no superstar players to celebrate their wondrrful play. Its been woeful.

We fall for every bit of positive news and cling to it like its going to miraculously lead us to restore the club to its former glory.

Its not. Its going to be a few years off even now. There's a lot of hard work yet to be done.

We expect every decision, every selection to be the best towards a victory in every game. It seems clear that is not the goal of Gus and Ciro as yet. They say they are shooting high but it seems they are happy to prioritise the long term foundations first.

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
There is some serious fckng delusion here. We dropped him years ago because he was shit. He went to the Tigs and got dropped because he was shit. He goes to Hull in the UK and gets dropped because he was shit.

Plays NSW cup looking like he's spent the offseason at donut king and.... he looked shit. And the warriors knew that, ran at him every 5 seconds and it showed.

And some of you think his 'passion' is all we need? I could put any of you in the team - you're all passionate doggies. But you're all shit too (from a NRL 1st grade perspective).

Fck - are we this desperate?
To put it simply, YES.

BulldogsNation

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don't think CC and the Kennel have got the same priorities. We want to win the premiership this year, we want to win every match this year. Ciro wants to learn everything he can about our existing players, with a view to the future. What can they do now, what can be coached into them, what is never going to be coached into them, who is a keeper, and who should be moved on?
If you aren't playing to win every game you aren't in the right profession.

Bringbackbaa

Waterboy
Reaction score
Exactly :grinning: the crux of "the problem".

We are long suffering loyal fans of a once mighty dynasty of entertainers and dogs of war. We've experienced the highs of brilliant attacking footy and brilliant punishing defence footy.

The past several years have not onky been unsuccessful...they've been disgraceful and soul destroying with controversy, sub par roster and Admin and no superstar players to celebrate their wondrrful play. Its been woeful.

We fall for every bit of positive news and cling to it like its going to miraculously lead us to restore the club to its former glory.

Its not. Its going to be a few years off even now. There's a lot of hard work yet to be done.

We expect every decision, every selection to be the best towards a victory in every game. It seems clear that is not the goal of Gus and Ciro as yet. They say they are shooting high but it seems they are happy to prioritise the long term foundations first.
I think you’ll find Reynolds may give Mahoney a break. As much as I love him, Paseka ran over the top of him in the first week which les to a try, then Klemmer did the same at the back end of the game. He is tiring badly in the last 15 mins or so and that’s when we need him most. He can’t get the weight right with his little kicks behind the line and like any player he is making some bad & costly decisions when he is under fatigue. So I reckon they’ll move Flano to 9 who can cope better defensively and push Reynolds to half. We need some spark off the bench & who better than Reynolds to come on either side of half time.
This will freshen up Mahoney for the back end when the game is on the line.
Totally disagree with comments Ciro & Gus aren’t trying to win every game. The reality is our playing stocks are thin. Unlike Barret last year, Ciro has the balls to change the side and be creative ie with Okunbur. Potter did the same with moving Averillo to fullback. As coach u live and die by the sword.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
If you aren't playing to win every game you aren't in the right profession.
Playing to win every game isn't the same as coaching to build a long term dynasty.

Of course the players should be playing to win every game. And of course the coaching staff are coaching the players that they have to help them win the next game.

But coaching itself is a much longer term project than the next game, the next month or this season alone.

Always a Bulldog

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hasn't won us the game yet, still a bit skeptical.

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I didn't say Gus and Ciro weren't coaching to win - just that they take a more long-term view.

If we played KO at half next week, I have no doubt the team would look a bit better, maybe even a lot better. The trouble is KO is then exposed to the cheap shot merchants and late tacklers that infest first grade before he is properly equipped to handle them, and with no hard men of our own (like Tevita) to protect him. The result might be that a potentially great player becomes just a good player, which is not in our long term interests.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I didn't say Gus and Ciro weren't coaching to win - just that they take a more long-term view.

If we played KO at half next week, I have no doubt the team would look a bit better, maybe even a lot better. The trouble is KO is then exposed to the cheap shot merchants and late tacklers that infest first grade before he is properly equipped to handle them, and with no hard men of our own (like Tevita) to protect him. The result might be that a potentially great player becomes just a good player, which is not in our long term interests.
Yeap, the NRL has allowed a lot of cheap shots and late tackles to happen to us in seasons gone by. Besides, even if our forwards protect him, they'll get penalised for it anyway.

Scoobs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Topine should have come in for Brown. Okunbur I’m fine with on the bench as a forward, much better option than Tanner considering our lack of options.
At least with Grub there they can hook Flanno. it won't help the play, but it's the first step to getting him out of the club

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
TPJ has now missed 2 trials and 5 regular season games. Had a week of after our 2nd trial, thats 8 weeks out with a calf strain.
He should be moved on along with Thompson. Both have offered ZERO value since joining the club. Hopefully Gus is working feverishly on this.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
A lot of people shit canning him on here… he will do his job for the club we don’t need miracles just someone to pass the ball to these young kids put them in a hole .. I’m glad we have him here lot of people on here living with a codependency of accusation.
100% he bleeds blue and white. Yes can make mistakes and get hot headed but that is his passion for the club coming out in him, tries hard or too hard yes. But I’m glad to have a true bulldog back. He deserves to go out playing for the club he afford. And I don’t care what anyone says as it’s truth.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
100% he bleeds blue and white. Yes can make mistakes and get hot headed but that is his passion for the club coming out in him, tries hard or too hard yes. But I’m glad to have a true bulldog back. He deserves to go out playing for the club he afford. And I don’t care what anyone says as it’s truth.
He bled Black and Gold for the tigers too. He would bleed for any club lol

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think you’ll find Reynolds may give Mahoney a break. As much as I love him, Paseka ran over the top of him in the first week which les to a try, then Klemmer did the same at the back end of the game. He is tiring badly in the last 15 mins or so and that’s when we need him most. He can’t get the weight right with his little kicks behind the line and like any player he is making some bad & costly decisions when he is under fatigue. So I reckon they’ll move Flano to 9 who can cope better defensively and push Reynolds to half. We need some spark off the bench & who better than Reynolds to come on either side of half time.
This will freshen up Mahoney for the back end when the game is on the line.
Totally disagree with comments Ciro & Gus aren’t trying to win every game. The reality is our playing stocks are thin. Unlike Barret last year, Ciro has the balls to change the side and be creative ie with Okunbur. Potter did the same with moving Averillo to fullback. As coach u live and die by the sword.
Reynolds is getting run over in reserve grade while he's fresh lol.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He bled Black and Gold for the tigers too. He would bleed for any club lol
100% not true… don’t talk smack. Bulldogs is where his heart is, and always was. Even when he did stints elsewhere!! But you think what you will. Its an invalid argument really lol.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
100% not true… don’t talk smack. Bulldogs is where his heart is, and always was. Even when he did stints elsewhere!! But you think what you will. Its an invalid argument really lol.
He bled black and Gold fact

Arazern

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Screenshot_20230708_182724_Instagram.jpg

This is what is means to have bulldogs DNA. Many haters on this site and I say go fuck yourself. If any of the current 17 had half the passion this guy has in his big toe than we don’t ever get beat by 66 points. If I ever run into Josh I’ll buy you a beer and toast to being one of the last true bulldogs that I think we will see.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Screenshot_20230708_182724_Instagram.jpg

This is what is means to have bulldogs DNA. Many haters on this site and I say go fuck yourself. If any of the current 17 had half the passion this guy has in his big toe than we don’t ever get beat by 66 points. If I ever run into Josh I’ll buy you a beer and toast to being one of the last true bulldogs that I think we will see.
and I say go charge your phone.