Opinion Josh Morris retirement

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both the Morris boys were great club men at the dogs,and they both wanted to stay at the dogs,they wanted 2 to 3 year deals,and the club at the time were only willing to offer both 1 year deals

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Could have been a real legend for us if someone had the balls to drop him when he was in poor form.

childofglossop

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
One of the greats. Champion player and bloke. We were so lucky to have him for so many years. Such a shame we couldn’t get him a premiership. All the best to him and Brett in retirement
Fully agree with these sentiments. Both Morris twins were champion players, and played the game cleanly and fairly as well (just as importantly). The vagaries of timing and luck meant that Brett won comps with the Dragons and Rorters...alas Josh came close but it wasn’t to be. But certainly not for a lack of effort.
I personally loved Josh’s combo with Barba for those length of field tries in 2012. Scintillating stuff.

All the best to both of them and they’ll always be Bulldogs.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
great careers by both the morris boys. i had a personal friend who was part of the dogs coaching staff,wont say who, but the morris boys were hard work, never really jelled with the team and thought they were better than the team. no wonder they fit in at the roosters.
in saying that great careers

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still playing well enough could be another one to grab on a one year deal if he would take close to min wage for one last hurrah.
Great clubman

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
One of the best centres in the game, he set a great standard on and off the field for such a long period of time... well done on an amazing career JMoz and thanks for your service in the blue and white.
Agree. He was an outstanding defender and hard runner with the ball. Very hard to stop near the line. He always gave 100%.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should have won a premiership ring in 2012 - Unfortunately though supercoach Hasler turned up to the Granny with NO PLAN B & so he got schooled by Bellamy........ not that I'm still bitter or anything!!!

Well Done Josh, you are a bloody champion.

hoody06

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Eligible for life membership, hopefully he is nominated ahead of the February AGM.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Still playing well enough could be another one to grab on a one year deal if he would take close to min wage for one last hurrah.
Great clubman
Nah he's done but would love to see him hook up with Barrett and be on the coaching staff.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Should have won a premiership ring in 2012 - Unfortunately though supercoach Hasler turned up to the Granny with NO PLAN B & so he got schooled by Bellamy........ not that I'm still bitter or anything!!!

Well Done Josh, you are a bloody champion.
Des let josh down one final time - how fitting

warrenpershouse

Waterboy
Reaction score
Josh Morris was our most valued recruit when he originally joined at that time.Then upon his early departure the most loyal talented Centre to have ever played for the Dogs. He mentorship of others and his Brothers was first class. Amazing memories and sad he never got that ring. Will be sure to get on their new lager beers soon to continue supporting the lads. Dogs 4 life

Screenshot_20210918-093636_Samsung Internet.jpg

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
great careers by both the morris boys. i had a personal friend who was part of the dogs coaching staff,wont say who, but the morris boys were hard work, never really jelled with the team and thought they were better than the team. no wonder they fit in at the roosters.
in saying that great careers
I remember hearing when they left no one was real sad about them leaving as they were hard work in the last year they were here.

The Detailer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
His brother came over and played very little footy, just got paid like our mate Fozz, so he gets the shits when we don't want to resign his brother and signs with the Sharks good luck to them both, Look at B mozz he never ever played with any type of passion like he did at the Poosters but good luck to them both no great loss really..

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not going to bag him because he finished at the Roosters. His best days were well and truly over then anyway.

I wish we didnt let him go at the time as we did need some stability. Wasn’t fussed about Brett as good as he was he was always a Dragon.

Josh played extremely good footy for us, we got the best of him. Wont knock him. I do consider him somewhere between a great player for us and a legend for us. Probably closer to great player as he never won a comp, he did however play 2 GF’s and was integral to our attack and defense out wide, and, along with Ennis Hannant Eastwood Pritchard and Stagg, part of the injection of talent we desperately needed.

thanks for the memories Josh and thanks for always, always representing our emblem with pride and passion.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
He may have finished his career at the Rooters but he’ll ALWAYS be a Bulldog to me. When I started following the Dogs religiously again it was because of this bloke, Ennis, Kimmorley & co. Champion player. All the best to you in retirement J Mozzle. Thank you for your service.