Opinion Josh Jackson = Tolman 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The club took a stance on the you know what so we don't have Asiata to do that job. Meanwhile the biggest anti-vaxxer is running around for the Storm week in week out big Nels
Yeah it sucks, would have made a difference. Meanwhile Nelson has a exemption which I don't see him falling into the very clear categories at all.

Other clubs have them too, dogs set a standard that no other clubs follow and its cost us.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Jacko just does not have any attributes of a modern lock or edge forward, no ball playing, no footwork, below average mobility and no tackle breaking power. To me hes an undersized prop these days

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Its getting painful. Tolman used to waste tackles in the opposition 20, but Jacko seems to think ball player is his future for some reason

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Flame me if it's a shit idea... But would it be a bad idea to move JMK to lock and have him act as the ball playing forward Barrett craves ? That way we could rotate BBO and Cook at hooker instead.
I dunno what's best, but I'm just fucking tired of seeing Jackson ball play.

Ideally you just put Waddell there, but Barrett just seems sold on making him a battering ram and benching Thompson...

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Honestly we shouldnt even be ball playing through the middle... Just have TPJ, Thompson, King all start middles and try play the power game for quick play the balls. We have speed and threats out wide that would be able to capitalise on this

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Legend of a player but sorry Josh Jackson you are fucken past your best. Hogging the fkn ball every 1st 2nd 3rd & 4th for 1 metre gain kills our attack
Haha.. during the game I actually yelled 'fucking Tolman again'

Malla

Reaction score
This doesn’t make him shit, just means we should be using him different. Tolman at the sharks is still doing a job for them.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Flame me if it's a shit idea... But would it be a bad idea to move JMK to lock and have him act as the ball playing forward Barrett craves ? That way we could rotate BBO and Cook at hooker instead.
I dunno what's best, but I'm just fucking tired of seeing Jackson ball play.

Ideally you just put Waddell there, but Barrett just seems sold on making him a battering ram and benching Thompson...
JMK plays there sometimes when BBO comes on and is more effective as a running utility lock than at hooker. Baz should use him more in that role if he's going to play him and have BBO on at hooker for longer.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love and respect the guy and he has a heart as big as Phar Lap's but he is now past his prime and every time he takes the ball up he's ineffective.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JMK plays there sometimes when BBO comes on and is more effective as a running utility lock than at hooker. Baz should use him more in that role if he's going to play him and have BBO on at hooker for longer.
110%

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
This doesn’t make him shit, just means we should be using him different. Tolman at the sharks is still doing a job for them.
As a decoy?

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i was laughed at when i said this before round 1, now everyone seems to have seen the light that he's too old and the games gone past him. so what if he has a good set of arms on him? he's too slow, gets in the way and is not at all an attacking threat and not what he used to be defensively. thanks for the years of service mate, appreciate the blood sweat and tears. if you love the club you'll hang them up after this season and free up your salary allowing us to replace you with someone capable and take another role within the club

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't mind him as a Tolman 2.0 as his defence is good, so perhaps we should consider playing him as a front rower.
He'll certainly eat minutes without starving our attack.

So many better contenders for our back rowers.

Status
Not open for further replies.