News Josh Jackson tests positive to COVID

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not playing holier-than-thou but I doubt anyone on here wished he got covid.

Happy he isn't in the side, just sad why he isn't.
Well said mate. I don't want JMK and Jacko in the side but it seems like the only way this could happen is through Covid or injury. I don't wish Covid or an injury on anyone but Baz doesn't have the balls to drop them so this is the only way they're not in the 17.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Play without a ball playing lock ??

The insanity. You simply must have a ball playing lock. I cant remember a team in history ever playing without one.

Except maybe the teams that dont have a natural one and alter their game plan to suit the players in their squad
Hmmm - believe the storm played a prop at 13 last week. They did ok apparently.

And believe they don't have a ball playing lock.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Josh Jackson tests positive to COVID
Author bulldogs.com.au Time stamp Wed 27 Apr 2022, 04:04 PM

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs will be without captain Josh Jackson for this Saturday's match-up with the Roosters at Accor Stadium after he today tested positive for COVID.
Jackson tested himself at home on a day off after feeling unwell.
There are no other cases within the squad at this stage.
This has the same smell as when an underperforming Pricey was "injured".

Have a break mate, move JMK to lock, Someone else at hooker - don't care who and CHANGE THE FUKN ATTACKING STRUCTURE!

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm - believe the storm played a prop at 13 last week. They did ok apparently.

And believe they don't have a ball playing lock.
It was a sarcastic post. How can you not see that hmmmmm ?

Especially the last comment where I say that teams who don’t have one in their squad play without one

Hmmmmm

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No move JMK to reserve grade
Try him at Lock first... Kid has the ticker, fitness and leg speed we need in behind the ruck, reckon its worth a shot. Better than any other option tbh.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Nice graphics lol
All jokes aside. I sort of agree with you. Jacko is basically the millennial version of Steve Folkes. Tackling machine and does some stuff on the fringes. 80 minute guy and one club man.

He's been asked to do a job he's not suited for to suit Baz's Penrith plan. Towards the end of his career. Think thats a hard ask of anyone, especially with the mileage he has.

And I wonder if we had a dummy half that made his life at first receiver easier - maybe he'd be better at it. Doubt it but atm - Jacko couldn't get decent service at Tiffanys Girls with a winning lotto ticket in his pocket.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All jokes aside. I sort of agree with you. Jacko is basically the millennial version of Steve Folkes. Tackling machine and does some stuff on the fringes. 80 minute guy and one club man.

He's been asked to do a job he's not suited for to suit Baz's Penrith plan. Towards the end of his career. Think thats a hard ask of anyone, especially with the mileage he has.

And I wonder if we had a dummy half that made his life at first receiver easier - maybe he'd be better at it. Doubt it but atm - Jacko couldn't get decent service at Tiffanys Girls with a winning lotto ticket in his pocket.
Agree mate 100% .

Everyone sees it .

Except Baz

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
how about we dont play a ball playing lock and just get early ball to the 6 and 7 like Parra and the sharks do? Be innovators and not followers
Finucane was playing that role but since he's been unavailable Sharks have adjusted. We will continue to try and fit square pegs no doubt.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm not playing holier-than-thou but I doubt anyone on here wished he got covid.

Happy he isn't in the side, just sad why he isn't.
Nah not wishing covid on him at all, maybe Putin and Xi, but not Jacko, im happy he isnt playing, would have been a hat trick if it was also Averillo and Junk. Dropped not covid out.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not sure about this story. Seems suspect to me. More likely a sweet way of dropping him.
I think they might be trialling how the guys go without him and passing it off as “JJ, take a well earned break this week, you look fatigued”.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
What will we do when we get into the opposition's 20m without Jacko? Just hand the ball to them?