Official Josh Jackson Retired Immediately

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone talking shit needs to be banned from this forum.

Yes we all complained about him being "out of it or past it" at times but he never didnt put in and would always show his true passion and efforts.

This legend has gone through so much with the club and never complained or left. And now hes taken the ultimate sacrifice for the club leaving on good terms to allow the club to move forward with more funds.

A true legend of the club and will be remembered forever!

We will miss you Jackson! Best of luck!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Only player who gave his all every match during our lean period. Despite what u think about his current ability, one thing we should all agree on is he bled blue and white.

Thanks for the service Champion!

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
I don't think he got tapped on the shoulder. Has played with injuries for years and it's probably catching up with him.
It is a little odd how it was conveyed via text though

T-Rocket

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sad day for Josh and the club. A true clubman who could’ve left but stayed and led us through some really tough times. Always a warrior turning up and giving his all no matter the game. Wether he’s been tapped on the shoulder or just retired on his terms he’s most likely made another sacrifice for the club. A true bulldog. Thanks Jacko

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
I hope they give me a role with us to get our players toughened up and consistent. I think it is a better move for the Dogs for him to not force himself into one more year and not finish on a high regarding his individual performance. I am grateful for his service and loyalty. True Bulldog!

Reaction score
Fair to say he got a tap on the shoulder and was told he would most likely be playing reserves next season and him and the club were able to reach a deal where everybody wins. Expect to see Jackson with a nice coaching gig for the next few years where he will rightly get the money he was entitled to. Jackson avoids the loss of reputation and having to play reggies but still gets his money and the bulldogs get a huge chunk of free space in their salary cap to upgrade Burton or sign someone else. Everybody wins. Welcome to the NRL.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He is going to be missed, genuine tough footy player, and becomes one of the few who played their whole career of 10+ years in blue and white.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sad news but he has been a stalwart for the Bulldogs. Good luck Josh and your family in the future.

I'm thinking another big forward signing is on the way.

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'd be happy if they gave the Fox the captaincy with his experience and passion. If we had Reynolds in FG 100% he gets the gig..

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the tireless effort and passion for the blue and white. Champion bloke and champion player. Deserved so much better than the shit served up by his teammates in the past 5 or so years. Those who criticise the guy have no idea his game suffered in recent years as he had to carry a never ending procession of nuffies.