Official Josh Jackson Retired Immediately

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really hope the club hasn't pushed him out
So do I but it's hard to believe there wasn't a tough discussion had with him. If so, I hope he makes a killing financially. He was one of our greatest. Enjoy retirement Josh.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That is definetly the trait of a genuine Captain..I remember when we had him, Finucane and Tapou all as young blokes I think sharing a house together originally. Des turned Josh into a battering ram and stole 3 or 4 off his career length the fucktard...
Also robbed him of at least two premiership rings due to his backwards game plans.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
JACKO, a true and loyal champion who's whole heartedly gave blood and sweat to our club and fans on the field and is an absolute gentleman off the field,
Best wishes on your next journey in life hoping to see you hang around the club in some capacity...
The club needs good people like you !!!
For the minority that call themselves Bulldogs fans and been disrespectful to JACKO who over the years opted to support players that betrayed us, you are not true fans...Hang your heads in shame !

mez

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Nothing but love for what he's done for the club and am happy seeing a majority of supporters giving him the credit he deserves.

That being said, it was the right call for him and the club. To me this is the sign the club is going in the right direction.

No sentiments. Club cones first. Onwards we go
Love club cones

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Its what takes a great club man and makes him a club legend. Like others have mentioned most would have rocked up week in week out and just checked in for the cheque. To actually stand up and call it, especially with so much money left on the table, its a huge and selfless call. Well done to him, not often you get to pull your own curtain on your career like this and atleast he left as a decent player. Opens the door for us and gives us ample cap space for 2023 and beyond which is huge considering we are probably looking for 1-2 spine players and a couple of quality middle forwards.

He had approached Gus during the year to take a paycut aswell. So just shows he puts the club before himself. If you had 17 players like that you would win a lot more then you lose. Compare that to Napa, Trex etc who were woeful but happily cashed their millions for subpar performances.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Whoa, thanks for your service Jacko

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
Thank you Jacko a true leader and a fantastic ambassador for our club! Your toughness and work ethic will not be forgotten. Forever a Bulldog legend

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Jackson type of captain to retire and sacrifice his salary to re-sign other players teammates
He also wanted to take a pay cut ~1 year ago but Gus said he wasn't allowed to.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Big surprise but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a nudge by Gus with an off field job at the club

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Doesn't need to, he was getting through the same amount of work at a higher level in less minutes. We need to spread the workload around more effectively, can't have things like TPJ hiding behind the rest of the defensive line all set and relying on one or two blokes to make tackles.
that's my point, now with Jackson gone the whole team needs to step up defensively.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Great person and role model but the game has moved beyond him as it has others. I have a lot of respect for him and I’m glad to see that Gus as per the tweet will have working at the club.