News Josh Jackson Out 4-6 weeks

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Canterbury skipper Josh Jackson will miss 4-6 weeks after suffering a grade-two calf tear strain at training on Tuesday.

Late Mail
Round 6 squad announcements
Jackson, a renowned professional, has already started his injury rehabilitation. In the meantime, he will replaced at lock by English international Luke Thompson in Sunday's clash with the Cowboys.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Man this hurts. Jackson isn't a world beater but he's been much better at lock and is one of our few reliable defenders. Our lack of depth compounds the problem.

Now this means Napa is guaranteed a start for the next six weeks which makes me cringe.

I wish Baz would just bite the bullet and start Topine at lock and do what's best for his development and the team.. Or Renouf should start at lock with Thompson at prop. Either way I don't know how he starts Napa every week...

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Jackson fast becoming the new Tolman, thankfully we won't have to see his stifling performances for a few weeks now

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gives Napa the opportunity to be the 60 tackles player for us.
He has 4-6 weeks to accomplish this task.
Go get em Dylan.!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Why on earth would he play Thompson at lock. Atoni went really well there a few weeks ago and we are really lacking in quality props. WTF is Trent doing?

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
To be honest he is a shell of his former self. And isn’t a vocal leader out there either.

I know this is an unpopular opinion but the sooner we can move him the better. He just seems to have either bulked up so much that he has lost his speed that he once had. Fair enough his defence is still solid, but the guy hasn’t run a line for 6 years, lacks the lower body strength to hit the line and push through it. So he is literally the clean up guy (the tolman, Grimaldi etc).

He was once an attacking threat and first picked for NSW. Now he is probably not even a top 15 second rower anymore. Sad to see. And I get why we offered him a big extension. But I think it’s nice to be loyal, but at the same time we should call time on people who are not performing as they used to.

Only way he is kept in the starting team is besides an all star pack, because amongst Elliot, Waddell, Britt, Stimson he is much muchness only difference is he is probably on 2-3 times what they are on (besides Elliot who has probably been one of our best this year).

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Cant believe Doorey isnt getting a go... GET THIS KID NRL READY ALREADY!!!
In the 5 NSW Cup Games so far he is averaging 59 metres, that's playing 80 minutes in each game except the Wabbits game where he played 48 minutes. With 1 try assist, 1 try, 1 offload and 1 line break in 5 games. The only stat that half good is his tackle efficiency at 85%. Compared to, say, Stimson who is averaging 115 metres and 92% tackle efficiency and Britt who averages 157 metres.

To be frank right now Doorey is simply not earning a promotion based on his on field performances.

Go Dogs

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In the 5 NSW Cup Games so far he is averaging 59 metres, that's playing 80 minutes in each game except the Wabbits game where he played 48 minutes. With 1 try assist, 1 try, 1 offload and 1 line break in 5 games. The only stat that half good is his tackle efficiency at 85%. Compared to, say, Stimson who is averaging 115 metres and 92% tackle efficiency and Britt who averages 157 metres.

To be frank right now Doorey is simply not earning a promotion based on his on field performances.

Go Dogs

Doorey is the future, im talking about giving this kid NRL time to grow this season rather than the next.

I dont care much for stats, the kid runs fantastic lines and his D has improved. He has the size for NRL and the sooner he gets his head around it the better off we are considering he should be on an edge.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Doorey is the future, im talking about giving this kid NRL time to grow this season rather than the next.
I dont care much for stats, the kid runs fantastic lines and his D has improved. He has the size for NRL and the sooner he gets his head around it the better off we are considering he should be on an edge.
Suggest you watch the NSW Cup games. If he wants a promotion then he has to earn a promotion, currently he's looking more like getting dropped than promoted.

Go Dogs

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

A lot here prefer Napa tho. Got better stats and attitude than Doorey ;)

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
uggg yet again another coach putting Thompson at lock....idiot, just put atoni there
I agree, but I think there’s a business strategy behind it, starting Napa and giving him game time raises his stock, playing reserve grade doesn’t... I finally figured it out. TB can’t be that blind because Napa has been beyond bad.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Man this hurts. Jackson isn't a world beater but he's been much better at lock and is one of our few reliable defenders. Our lack of depth compounds the problem.

Now this means Napa is guaranteed a start for the next six weeks which makes me cringe.

I wish Baz would just bite the bullet and start Topine at lock and do what's best for his development and the team.. Or Renouf should start at lock with Thompson at prop. Either way I don't know how he starts Napa every week...
Put Lewis in at lock. He can tackle.