Josh Curran - Bloke In A Bar

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
was always on the fence with this signing and the podcast doesn’t help. he seems very self centred and insecure. it was all ‘me me me’ in the poddy and he openly said he signed with dogs because that’s where he was going to get the biggest opportunity to play. i don’t think he will last the 3 years, and not fussed about it
I listened to the podcast yesterday and thought exactly the same thing. ME ME ME I’m going to lay this position, I’ve always played reps l, Ciro was telling me this etc
I really hope I’m wrong but I didn’t get the a good mentality vibe from him

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I listened to the podcast yesterday and thought exactly the same thing. ME ME ME I’m going to lay this position, I’ve always played reps l, Ciro was telling me this etc
Still think he is going to be great player for us and potential cult hero, I just think he is going to be one of those players that needs positive affirmations to perform at his best

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I didn't really get the Cordner and Yeo comparisons either. Obviously not wrapping himself, but I just don't see that at all or who would have said that to him. Happy that he wants the #13 and to make his own name.

4Runner

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Still think he is going to be great player for us and potential cult hero, I just think he is going to be one of those players that needs positive affirmations to perform at his best
It seems the ever elusive 'system' is team not individual based. Everyone has a role and its obvious that the script has been written and they just need to find the right people to perform. Having someone familiar with expectations then becomes important and many of the signings know whats expected of them including Curren. This is so common in NRL that it confuses me when people get theyre nickers in a knot over things like salaries and the past. Right now its probably not worth focusing on any individuals. I'm chomping on the bit to see what style we play and ultimately expecting better defense, more points and better grinds with the top teams.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
exactly
he was all about himself wanting to play lock or second row and centre apparently.
anyway, people seem to get their feelings hurt when your opinion doesn't match theirs

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I didn't really get the Cordner and Yeo comparisons either. Obviously not wrapping himself, but I just don't see that at all or who would have said that to him. Happy that he wants the #13 and to make his own name.
I have not once heard anyone compare him to either of those players haha.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
exactly
he was all about himself wanting to play lock or second row and centre apparently.
anyway, people seem to get their feelings hurt when your opinion doesn't match theirs
My feelings aren’t hurt at all. All I was doing is commentating on how I saw it. If people see it different that’s totally fine. Always respect peoples opinion on these forums. No one should be triggered about people’s opinions or feelings, that’s woke Society! If everyone had the same opinion or beliefs life would be boring, we just need to respect and appreciate peoples opinions and not bite when it’s different to our own

4Runner

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
exactly
I still havent watched it all but theres nothing wrong with showing intent and his comments might be a result of competition for spots. I personally hope he goes good and maybe people get upset with how opinions are expressed. Yeah him saying centre was surprising however for me was more about the mirrored smoky curtains, not arrogance.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The kid has big ambitions and good luck to him. Interesting he singled out Skelton as a young player with potential and pointed to his size and strength.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
No I saw that, I meant I never seen anyone else compare him to them :tearsofjoy:
Yeah same haha, when I heard it I was like wtf. He must have some very supportive people around him somewhat lying about his ability with good intentions. Don't get me wrong, great player but comparison is laughable. Again hope he excels for us, will more than likely be everyone's favourite along with Preston.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
exactly
Presumably you're referring to the posts you traded with @Bulldogsteve on the previous page. You weren't comparing opinions with him. You had an opinion, he claimed to have fact. You can challenge his claim of fact through evidential means, but it is incorrect to frame it as "opinion versus opinion".

Here is a helpful video that explains the difference:

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Just listened to this today, was interesting to listen to him talk about CC implementing the defensive systems at Penrith and that it’s the same system that Webster at the warriors and now the bulldogs use. I think we have gotten this bloke at exactly the right time in his career, he’s gotten the shit out of his system and wants to focus on football and establish himself as an origin player. I was already looking forward to watching him play for us now I am really excited to see what he brings to our club.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
was always on the fence with this signing and the podcast doesn’t help. he seems very self centred and insecure. it was all ‘me me me’ in the poddy and he openly said he signed with dogs because that’s where he was going to get the biggest opportunity to play. i don’t think he will last the 3 years, and not fussed about it
You either didn’t listen to the podcast or you’re full of shit….either way I don’t care

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Just listened to this today, was interesting to listen to him talk about CC implementing the defensive systems at Penrith and that it’s the same system that Webster at the warriors and now the bulldogs use. I think we have gotten this bloke at exactly the right time in his career, he’s gotten the shit out of his system and wants to focus on football and establish himself as an origin player. I was already looking forward to watching him play for us now I am really excited to see what he brings to our club.
We don't have the personnel or the chemistry to effectively pull it off so it's going to be another disaster of a season if Ciraldo takes the same cookie cutter approach as last year.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My feelings aren’t hurt at all. All I was doing is commentating on how I saw it. If people see it different that’s totally fine. Always respect peoples opinion on these forums. No one should be triggered about people’s opinions or feelings, that’s woke Society! If everyone had the same opinion or beliefs life would be boring, we just need to respect and appreciate peoples opinions and not bite when it’s different to our own
Good on u mate great post wish there were more with ur mindset here

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We don't have the personnel or the chemistry to effectively pull it off so it's going to be another disaster of a season if Ciraldo takes the same cookie cutter approach as last year.
Yeah yeah Marly. The same system took warriors from 15th to 4th in one season with largely the same side weather you want to acknowledge it or not doesn’t matter it works and I wasn’t aware you are on the training staff to be able to gauge the chemistry of the current side.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah yeah Marly. The same system took warriors from 15th to 4th in one season with largely the same side weather you want to acknowledge it or not doesn’t matter it works and I wasn’t aware you are on the training staff to be able to gauge the chemistry of the current side.
Warriors had the personnel. You know a real fullback, halfback and frontrow. They also didn't just rip off the Panther system and made adjustments for the side they had. Rugby league is played by too many bums, very little tactical nous in the game and a bunch of coaches all just looking to copy each other