Josh Addo-Carr to the Dogs

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think I've seen every Melbourne game this season and Addo Carr hasn't stood out in one of them so far... I don't think the contract saga helps but I don't think he's worth the money he's chasing.

I want us to sign talent and upgrade the roster as much as anyone, but I just think paying top dollar for wingers is bad cap management.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Dude if you haven't noticed quality players are not falling over each other to sign with the bulldogs. We have to pay way way overs to get them. If it means 700k each for crotric and addo carr so be it. How else are we going to them. What are we going to do with the cap space. Let it sit there and earn bank interest?
Don't get them, simple. Spending 700k on a winger us ridiculous, fuck knows how much we're already paying DWZ.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So let's just sit and wait for 10 years till a quality hooker or a halfback become available. In the meantime pass on every good player in all other positions while we wait. It's simple we want quality then we have to pay for it. Good players aren't coming here we need to do something extreme to get them. 700k for a winger is extreme I agree. But addo carr ain't no ordinary winger.
Don't get them, simple. Spending 700k on a winger us ridiculous, fuck knows how much we're already paying DWZ.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I dont this board is paying overs for anyone. If anything, to me, it looks like they are cheap.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Remis back to wing no winger needed however a good centre to parter averillo and a 9 is priority

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I did notice Luke Thompson Instagram page having john Bateman joking around with him,if john leaves Canberra and plays nrl it will be at canterbury

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
WHAT PART OF WE HAVE PLENTY OF MONEY don't people understand. Signing addo carr won't effect being able to sign a gun hooker as well.
Poach one that’s on contract like every other club does

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So let's just sit and wait for 10 years till a quality hooker or a halfback become available. In the meantime pass on every good player in all other positions while we wait. It's simple we want quality then we have to pay for it. Good players aren't coming here we need to do something extreme to get them. 700k for a winger is extreme I agree. But addo carr ain't no ordinary winger.
Except we don't have to wait, there's quality players always on the market and we literally missed out on multiple hookers in the last year because the club wouldn't pay up. I'd rather be in a position to sign key players than not be because we fucked off over half mil on a luxury signing that offers fuck all difference to the side.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have asked this question before
Can JAC play Fullback ???

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
That’s Not what his uncle says
Well if true it's because we paid desperate overs.

More pressing needs in dummy half, fb, centre, running forward, enforcer forward.