News Josh Addo-Carr contract: Bulldogs emerge as favourite for Storm flyer

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Id rather us put averillo at fullback, sign burton and flannagan and a gun hooker , makes our backline look much better

1. Averillo
2. Smith
3. Cotric
4. Hoppa
5. Okunbor
6. Burton
7. Flannagan
Averillo really needs a good offseason. He seemed to be made of glass this season.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Apparently he isnt keen on going back to the tigers, bunnies are stacked with outside backs, leaves us as the favourite. Also could end up with brent naden whos on the outta at penrith

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
If smith or Lewis or Dwz go to storm It’s not that bad a cap blow...

Not to Mention I’m pretty sure Lewis and Dwz and maybe even hoppa are off with Napa next year?

Just checked.

Napa, Lewis, hoppa, Smith, Smith, britt, Crichton, jmk, Meaney, okunbor all off next year. I’d snap addo carr up for sure.

Dwz year after.

That $ there could get us a bunch of quality. Hoppa Lewis nap alone would eat up over 1.5...

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If smith or Lewis or Dwz go to storm It’s not that bad a cap blow...

Not to Mention I’m pretty sure Lewis and Dwz and maybe even hoppa are off with Napa next year?
There’s been no talk at all of Lewis and DWZ going to the Storm though. Perfect scenario would be DWZ going to the Storm but I don’t think it’s likely.

DWZ is contracted until the end if 2022 you just can’t have over a million invested in wingers and manage the cap especially when one is mediocre.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
If you have to carry Dwz till 2022 regardless you go for quality like addo carr available. I’m
Sure storm would be interested in Remis maybe Dwz maybe Lewis (was rumoured they wanted him this past off season) who knows.

Barrett might get dwz to 2019 form? Or some decent form at least. If addo carr fires you have him Dwz cotric hoppa okon/Smith/Meaney whoever is left and firing. Be nice for a change.

With a quality player needed you gotta go for it especially when you have 5 backs off contract at end of next season in Remis hoppa Meaney Crichton okunbor...

Who knows. Though I’m all for a gamble on addo carr at 600k. As I said if he clicks he is a outstanding undervalue fullback. Flop and he’s 100k overs for top winger and at worst would bring our horrible attack to some threat ffs.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It’s a problem when you add in the DWZ deal and you have over a million invested in wingers. Sooner or later it will stop you from having cap space to buy or retain a spine player.
Does anyone know what price DWZ really is on?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you have to carry Dwz till 2022 regardless you go for quality like addo carr available. I’m
Sure storm would be interested in Remis maybe Dwz maybe Lewis (was rumoured they wanted him this past off season) who knows.

especially when you have 5 backs off contract at end of next season in Remis hoppa Meaney Crichton okunbor...

Who knows. Though I’m all for a gamble on addo carr at 600k. As I said if he clicks he is a outstanding undervalue fullback. Flop
It doesn’t matter about who else is off contract if you have 2 wingers chewing up over 10% of the cap it’s going to bite. They made a error with the DWZ deal which takes away the margin for error with The Fox.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
550k. Not massive "fullback money" but still a ridiculous amount of coin for someone of his ability.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the Storm can make the GF with Brenko Lee in the team im sure they could get something out of DWZ or R Smith in a trade for JAC. Could be good a good deal for both teams

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If the Storm can make the GF with Brenko Lee in the team im sure they could get something out of DWZ or R Smith in a trade for JAC. Could be good a good deal for both teams
Watch DWZ go to Strom and become a winner under Bellamy... blokes got clear toughness and talent, just needs help managing his headspace.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d rather pay 700k to Addo-Carr than 550k to DWZ.

If the club can organise a swap between them, I’d be very impressed.
I think both figures are too much for wingers. 600k max for the best winger in the comp

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't fall for this feint, he'll end up at the scabbitohs as that's where he wants to end up. This is the same path that Mitchell took to the scabs, feigning interest in the Cowboys and Tigers as side show all the while knowing where he's going.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I would be more open to taking a punt on him at fullback if we hadn’t already done the same thing with DWZ. We re-signed DWZ on fullback money and it’s turned into a disaster of a contract. I’d love to somehow offload DWZ.

I think it’s a fair assumption to say DWZ and Cotric are on north of $500k then you add the Fox on that money too and it’s a lot of cap on what are essentially 3 wingers. Then we are hoping they have a successful position change to justify the cap space they take up. I’m fairly confident Cotric will be good at centre but Addo Carr could go either way.
agree about DWZ never a fullback can't pass the ball, no sure how Dean Pay didn't see that.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In the top 50 NRL list he was listed at 550k. A few other wingers were on there or there abouts. He isnt on top FB money, more like average FB money and top winger money. Pity hes neither.

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So a 21 year old who played all his juniors at centre cant possibly make it as a centre?

Cotric will be fine at centre and we have upgraded from Holland for only an extra 100k according to the kennels favourite meth head
Cotrics defence is questionable on the wing, let alone in the centres.

He aint a centres asshole