News Josh Addo-Carr contract: Bulldogs emerge as favourite for Storm flyer

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Will be absolutely shocked if he's not going to Souths. Just feel we're being used to get more money for him.
How on Earth can Souths afford him??? They signed Latrell Mitchell and recently re signed Alex Johnston and Cam Murray, also they have Jai Arrow arriving in the off season so I think Souths are out of calculation! It’s between Dogs and the Tigers.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How on Earth can Souths afford him??? They signed Latrell Mitchell and recently re signed Alex Johnston and Cam Murray, also they have Jai Arrow arriving in the off season so I think Souths are out of calculation! It’s between Dogs and the Tigers.
Uncle Rusty no doubt

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Talk Souths are offloading Roberts. JAC would go to Souths to be with his mates on less coin that what he could get with us. His manager will factor in the 3 x SOO money of $30k x 3 he'd be assured of getting while playing for Souths while re risks being overlooked playing for us.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hope so but surely Melbourne wouldn't pay DWZ what we are, so assume we'd have to chip in some of his contract if that happened.
Id say what the melb playing hardball comment is about id say we are negotiating the amount we have to chip in

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Talk Souths are offloading Roberts. JAC would go to Souths to be with his mates on less coin that what he could get with us. His manager will factor in the 3 x SOO money of $30k x 3 he'd be assured of getting while playing for Souths while re risks being overlooked playing for us.
I'm sure they would like to offload Roberts for JAC, i just don't see anyone willing to take him.

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'd love him as he's a local (Earlwood) boy, but I reckon that he'll end up at the Tigers. Souths can't possibly justify fitting him under their cap as they're not losing any big names.
They could easily swap out jimmy the jet or Gagai to get the fox.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
I thought JAC wanted to play fullback. That can only happen at 2 clubs, and one he doesn't want to play for. (Tigers).

Last edited:

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Do players get a say when it comes to transfers?

What if DWZ or Okonbur dont want to live in Melbourne?

I cant imagine NRL players don't get a say like NBA trade rules.
If you got an offer to play under Bellamy, you'd be crazy to not take it. A lot different to say being offered to the Warriors and playing under Brown. Geez, that would be a career killer move.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you got an offer to play under Bellamy, you'd be crazy to not take it. A lot different to say being offered to the Warriors and playing under Brown. Geez, that would be a career killer move.
They would only get 1 year or 6 months in okunbours case after his injury. It’s a big move for that and who knows how Melbourne will go after Bellamy and smith leave

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Melbourne may hold all the cards but they don’t want an unhappy player on the sidelines and Josh’s reasons are actually very legitimate. They may be accepting the reality that they won’t get a like for like player and are ready to concede

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Personally think Souths are throwing up another smokescreen here.

Bennett has categorically denied two things:

1) They will not release James Roberts (the man he also claimed they were not going to sign)
2) They will not sign JAC, due to cap space

For me - it's just bitter old man talk. In order for them to accommodate JAC, JR will need to be released to free up cap space. But in order to do that, he will have to rid himself of a player he fought so hard to bring over.

I will cream myself if we get JAC, but I can see JR going to Melbourne (the Bellamy effect) and JAC going to Souths.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
I will cream myself if we get JAC, but I can see JR going to Melbourne (the Bellamy effect) and JAC going to Souths.
JR's track record off field means that he has very few suitors. He comes with a lot of baggage, and being in Melb would be terrible for him. He would know no one, and just get into the rubbish off the field that causes him to move clubs. No way he fits the Melb culture.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was browsing through the Tigers forum tonight and they have some posters, who would be the equivalent of myself, Hayes etc who have insiders and the good oil and they swear blind that JAC has signed with them and it'll be announced after the GF
Great. So now we know he wont be at the tigers next year.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
JR's track record off field means that he has very few suitors. He comes with a lot of baggage, and being in Melb would be terrible for him. He would know no one, and just get into the rubbish off the field that causes him to move clubs. No way he fits the Melb culture.
There are a PLETHORA of players who have signed with Melbourne that contradict your statement.

To name a few:

Mick Crocker
Brett Finch
Junior Sau
Richard Fa'aoso
Nate Myles
Sandor Earl
Chris Walker

If Bellamy sees a footballer in them, more often that not - they turn the tide. Then there are players like Maurice Blair, Joel Romleo et al who continued to do stupid things off the field after joining - and none of them lasted at the club.

My point is - Melbourne have a track record of taking a punt on players like JR

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Weilder saying this morning that Melbourne wont let him go without a suitable replacement because he is still under contract. Tigers and Souths are not offering any up that they like.

However he has heard that they might be interested in Remis Smith (not DWZ). Not sure how that is like for like but I have seen players like Remis go down there and flourish so they obviously see something in him. He is big and fast and would probably kill it down there