John Bateman

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Word is Ricky Stuart has called Dean Pay saying Bateman wants an increase they can’t afford and is giving pay first crack, source close to pay said a week ago that he is chasing Reynolds and Bateman hard out. Reynolds rumour has since surfaced but not Bateman as of yet. Only speculation at this point but would be a major signing given CHN gone and Stimson out for some time

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Would he be silly enough to sign with us?i think not haha

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bateman would obviously be a great signing but don't see it happening tbh.

The club can't be that dense seriously considering offers for reynolds

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bateman would obviously be a great signing but don't see it happening tbh.

The club can't be that dense seriously considering offers for reynolds
I thought the same when I was told but he’s said that he’s just deseperage for a pay increase and no preference on club.
As for Reynolds I agree, had some good time’s but doesn’t fit the direction the club is going anymore

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I know Bateman wants a raise but surely they'll keep him. They'd be mad not to.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Bateman is my favourite player by a mile, but this is absolutely not happening haha

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wait a minute its not april fools is it!!

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Bateman would be awesome we need somebody that can make a big impact in the game to replace CHN. About time Pay got somebody good from Canberra.. hopefully this rumour grows some legs.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Word is Ricky Stuart has called Dean Pay saying Bateman wants an increase they can’t afford and is giving pay first crack, source close to pay said a week ago that he is chasing Reynolds and Bateman hard out. Reynolds rumour has since surfaced but not Bateman as of yet. Only speculation at this point but would be a major signing given CHN gone and Stimson out for some time
Wouldn't mind this siging but surely we are also after a centre and a winger?

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Bateman would be prefect. I said him last year as someone we should go after and would suit the dogs! Hope true!!!!

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
On Grub, he still has a year to go on his "rumoured" $750k a year contract with the Tigers and Marshall hasn't indicated whether he will play on next year or not. Plus no one is going to "take over" his $750k contract unless the Tigers chip in substantial amount, which I doubt that they will do given his recent history. In summary, I don't think he is going anywhere.

Go Dogs

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can see Canberra playing hardball with Bateman

"Listen John you either take $500,000 for 2 years or we will send you to the dogs where they will pay you triple the amount"

Following day Canberra press conference "bateman resigns"

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
On Grub, he still has a year to go on his "rumoured" $750k a year contract with the Tigers and Marshall hasn't indicated whether he will play on next year or not. Plus no one is going to "take over" his $750k contract unless the Tigers chip in substantial amount, which I doubt that they will do given his recent history. In summary, I don't think he is going anywhere.

Go Dogs
I’ve heard dogs will only be paying 150-200 of his contract tigers willing to chip in just to get him off the books same as what we did with players like mbye and woods