John Bateman

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
FEEE863C-9D2E-402F-A85B-789130DB5D58.png John Bateman signed a 3 year contract for Wigan for when he’s contract is up from Canberra though ?

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stuart and pay are best friend guys . This could be true .

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hes the hard nut to get our pack angry again

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If Canberra increase his contract it would put a lot of pressure on the Cotric re-signing so if this is true, we could be in a position to atleast sign either Bateman and/or Cotric. Bateman might also plan to return to Wigan from 2022 but I’d rather have him for atleast 12-18mths than not have him at all.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
If Canberra increase his contract it would put a lot of pressure on the Cotric re-signing so if this is true, we could be in a position to atleast sign either Bateman and/or Cotric. Bateman might also plan to return to Wigan from 2022 but I’d rather have him for atleast 12-18mths than not have him at all.
He’s already signed for Wigan from 2022

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's hard to believe anything these days...
I heard a rumour we are after 3 players I dare say who they are,
I can say they are of very high quality, a wing, prop and a back rower !
Time will tell !!!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
There was some talk going around last year (right before the grand final) that Bateman was looking for a pay rise as he's on much less than he's worth, very similar to the Matterson situation at Tigers. I love him to bits as a player and just how he plays the game in general. I think Raiders should be able to find funds somehow to meet in the middle of both offers anyways. Like other people have said there are other players you'd move on first to make sure you keep Bateman as he's that good. If it was value for money between what we'd have to pay for Bateman and Fifita, Bateman would win out easily (just is he really available?).

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I’ve heard dogs will only be paying 150-200 of his contract tigers willing to chip in just to get him off the books same as what we did with players like mbye and woods
You're honestly better of keeping Reynolds at that point. If it was true it'd be a good buy for us, especially with Reynolds being a fan favourite. It has to be on that sort of money tho.

aymz maz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It's hard to believe anything these days...
I heard a rumour we are after 3 players I dare say who they are,
I can say they are of very high quality, a wing, prop and a back rower !
Time will tell !!!
Ado carr ? Fifita ? and ?...

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He was talking about a month ago about re signing with canberra i doubt he’s signed with wigan
Probably taking about taking his 2021 player option.. but he’s signed for Wigan from 2022-2024

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'll get excited about this if the club announces it. All too frequently these kind of rumours are generated to fill rumour columns in the media and have no credibility. No use penciling anyone into the roster until they're officially part of the squad.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I'll get excited about this if the club announces it. All too frequently these kind of rumours are generated to fill rumour columns in the media and have no credibility. No use penciling anyone into the roster until they're officially part of the squad.
Yep, learnt my lesson about 5 years ago about any players being rumored to us. I believe it when they are standing in front of a camera and speak the exact words and not before!

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Probably taking about taking his 2021 player option.. but he’s signed for Wigan from 2022-2024
Bro
I know zero tackle has that as you posted but I doubt it’s 100. It may be he agreed to terms and did ’t sign. Why would sticky take him if he’s out in. 2022 and how could he realistically ask for a pay rise if he ain’t hanging around nobody would sign him..

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah. I understand that. Especially considering this rumour is completely from leftfield. You never know though. We're missing a player in that position. We've got money. Who knows?