SportingNews/Lurker Joe Stimson

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I guess moving into next year we can’t afford as many players with potential. Need to have a solid foundation at least. RFM has had potential for the last 3 years but is lacking in fundamentals
I can't argue with that, but if any teams still have an interest in Elliott, I'd much rather he was shopped around when Stimson is a bigger, better and younger version of him.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Suaso sue, what a disappointment.
Tough fucker, playing like t-rex atm.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Joe Stimson: 39 games, 4 tries, 5 line breaks, 7 offloads, and an average of 56 run metres a game.
Rhyse Martin: 21 games, 4 tries, 4 line breaks, 17 offloads, and an average of 105 run metres a game.

Add to that he has lower back issues (has a few times in his career).

No fucking thanks. Our club need to stop wasting money on plebs.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they have signed this bloke, most probably they missed out on that Pommy forward which was floating around for a few weeks

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If they have signed this bloke, most probably they missed out on that Pommy forward which was floating around for a few weeks
Which is disappointing if true. Thompson looks like a good player and would have been a much better signing.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would prefer capewell , is being shopped around, can cover centre as well as being a decent backrower.

GirthGorilla

Waterboy
Reaction score
There's a real aura about the forwards he's wanting at the club and keeping at the club, also the ones bein let go, u can tell they don't fit the critirea

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Would prefer capewell , is being shopped around, can cover centre as well as being a decent backrower.
I don't get the fuss with Capewell to be honest. Last week he missed 12 tackles. He's had a few other games like that this season too. He doesn't break the line and isn't very skilled either. It sounds like ESL clubs are after him.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe Stimson: 39 games, 4 tries, 5 line breaks, 7 offloads, and an average of 56 run metres a game. 837 tackles (21.5/game), 60 missed (1.5/game)
Rhyse Martin: 21 games, 4 tries, 4 line breaks, 17 offloads, and an average of 105 run metres a game. 635 tackles (30.2/game), 62 missed (3/game)

Add to that he has lower back issues (has a few times in his career).

No fucking thanks. Our club need to stop wasting money on plebs.
Martin misses more tackles, but makes more per game as well (is that more involvement or easier to run at, idk). Don't know about errors & penalties conceded, but my guess is Martin is worse. Regardless, agree its a sideways move at best.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems like one of those hard working, no frills forwards. I guess how good the signing is depends on whose spot is he taking or if anyone have to be released.
One of the goals in replacing des is to change the brand of footy we are playing. If stimson is replacing forwards that can offer more in attack, like rfm or martin, im not sure how is this going to bring us closer to that goal.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Looks like Stimson is getting the kennel treatment like a few others. Cogger, Foran, Tolman, etc.
They cant tackle, they cant pass, they cant etc. I think those three have been the standouts this year.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Looks like Stimson is getting the kennel treatment like a few others. Cogger, Foran, Tolman, etc.
They cant tackle, they cant pass, they cant etc. I think those three have been the standouts this year.
Stimson has chronic lower back issues. it's what has kept him in and out of the game over the past 3-4 years.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Came to see if anyone was on the ball... Good to see ;)
With the makeup of Melbourne's bench it looks like he'll play prop or lock off the bench so I doubt he plays more than 25-30 minutes max. Should be interesting.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
With the makeup of Melbourne's bench it looks like he'll play prop or lock off the bench so I doubt he plays more than 25-30 minutes max. Should be interesting.
I don't mind we are looking at him tbh… From what I have seen of him he looks like he can play across the forward pack. Funny enough I actually see him as a middle forward than as an edgy even though he runs a nice line on an edge but we should get a better idea of what he is capable of this weekend.