SportingNews/Lurker Joe Stimson

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fuck our club knows how to waste money if this is true. We don't need fucking second rowers..
Yes we do.. Martin is a maybe. Rfm likely out the door. Jacko will be lock eventually. Chn is our only solid edge forward. Elliot is a benchy and I'm not even gonna consider Smith.

Plus Stimson can play anywhere in the forward pack.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I think Stimson will end up being a good player for us but if guys like him and Napa cost us a chance at all of the boom playmaking or backline options that become available then that would be not the best use of our limited cap space.

Hopefully we still have room and there are more signings in those positions to come because we have much more glaring issues than in the forwards right now.

Just from Melbourne alone, we should be trying to poach Smith or Grant as a hooker and Drinkwater or Papenhuyzen if one of them can't get a run. Any of those four would have a greater impact.
B.Smith and N.Cotirc have to be our next 'big' signings. Would be disappointed with anyone else

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Looks like we have him, struggling to think how he will go with us considering Pay messed things up with our current backrow. Always nervous when signing a Storm forward as they rarely look anywhere near as good away from the Storms system.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
B.Smith and N.Cotirc have to be our next 'big' signings. Would be disappointed with anyone else
I heard B Smith, Cotric and Stimson are the closest of friends and have said to many people in their circles that they want to play together

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I heard B Smith, Cotric and Stimson are the closest of friends and have said to many people in their circles that they want to play together

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Imagine if I was dumb enough to believe this lol

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As if we cant land Smith or Robson... WTF?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As if we cant land Smith or Robson... WTF?
It's unconfirmed but Robson seems headed to Nth Qld. It will be interesting to see if he plays any minutes off the bench for Saints this week.

Melbourne seem intent on keeping Brandon Smith. Grant is probably the one who is more likely to target from their ranks.

Billy Britain from Souths looks very good also and he should get a run next week with Cook on Origin duty. There are plenty of good young hookers out there that have no path to FG for a while, hopefully we get one of them!

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Imagine if I was dumb enough to believe this lol
Who said he was joking?? Stimson, Cotric and Smith along with CHN and Smith will be each others best men at each others weddings when they all play for the dogs for a very long time.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's unconfirmed but Robson seems headed to Nth Qld. It will be interesting to see if he plays any minutes off the bench for Saints this week.

Melbourne seem intent on keeping Brandon Smith. Grant is probably the one who is more likely to target from their ranks.

Billy Britain from Souths looks very good also and he should get a run next week with Cook on Origin duty. There are plenty of good young hookers out there that have no path to FG for a while, hopefully we get one of them!
Thought we had moved on from Robson or is it still possible to get him?

Clearly we understand the need for a hooker, and clearly we're going out to get one but ... we will get what we need?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thought we had moved on from Robson or is it still possible to get him?

Clearly we understand the need for a hooker, and clearly we're going out to get one but ... we will get what we need?
It sounds like he's gone. I'm not sure but maybe they're just delaying the announcement til after the cooling off period?

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You poor bastards lol waiting for a hooker. Zac Hetherington is who they are grooming for FG. This is no quick fix. It’s a complete rebuild from bottom up

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
You poor bastards lol waiting for a hooker. Zac Hetherington is who they are grooming for FG. This is no quick fix. It’s a complete rebuild from bottom up
I heard they have paid maternity staff to keep an eye out for potential players. May take 20 years but this is a re-build god damn it!

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Feels like sometimes it's compete bullshit brother ...rebuild excuse for failure

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Feels like sometimes it's compete bullshit brother ...rebuild excuse for failure
There's no such thing as a rebuild look at 2008 we were rock bottom, then next season new signings then preliminary finalists 1 game away from grand final

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There's no such thing as a rebuild look at 2008 we were rock bottom, then next season new signings then preliminary finalists 1 game away from grand final
That’s because we lost Hughes, Sherwin, O’meley, Mason and SBW all in a matter of 9 months from November 2007 to August 2008. We had a ridiculous amount of cap money to spend on players. So we ended up buying in bulk.

Do you want to go tell Hoppa, Tolman, Jackson, Foran and Holland to give up their 2020 huge back ended deal just so we can go on a spending spree this year for the 2020 season?

Big difference between 2008 & 2019 situation.