Jim Dymock - 2011 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paint.

Nothing against the bloke but I hope he doesn't get the job. Next years team is going to be very young and I don't think a rookie coach is going to help. I would much rather an established coach like Sticky. Yeah he's a knob, but players repect him and want to play under him and would attact quality players to the club. And if Dymock doesn't work out after a year what then? Who knows what coaches will be available at that time. It's a big risk imo.
Attract players to the club?
Who do we wanna attract? We've got props... we've got backrowers... we've got hookers, centres, a fullback, some decent wingers.
It's not like we're shot for depth.

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matty Johns on the grill team this morning said he spoke to a bulldogs insider at Brookvale...

the insider said that they want a coach who understands the bulldogs culture, therefore the coach will be either Dymock or Stuart.

they also said to him that the players and board members respect Dymock..

adamski007

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Dymock deserves his shot - sign him up, he is doing a good job

G

Gladiator.

The hysteria of people on here astounds me even to this day. One player plays well for one game and they're the next star and sign them up for 4 years, and 4 games later he hits a rough patch in form and all of a sudden he's a dud who has to go and should never be selected. It's twenty times worse with coaches. One minute they're geniuses and the next they're the sole reason to blame.

Not long ago at all everyone was hailing coach of the year Kevin Moore. A season later he didn't know a thing about footy. Four weeks in and Dymock has somehow proven he's a FG coach who is the man to take us to a title? Please! Think with your heads for two seconds and stop overreacting to every little thing in every little moment. Try not to make the same irrational mistakes in judgement every second week about every thing. It's a joke. All of you have a hard on for Dymock and four rounds in next year if we start off 1-3 almost all of you will be having a go at Greenberg for appointing Dymock and calling Dymock useless.
God you're so f*cking negative about everything. Does anything ever please you?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
God you're so f*cking negative about everything. Does anything ever please you?
Jesus Christ you're a retard!

I'm not being negative, Dymock has done quite a good job and at least changed a few things that are clearly his doing. That's awesome. But everyone wanking on like he's the best choice for the full time gig even though we have premiership winning coaches proven at numerous clubs out there who we'll turn down instead? Yeah right! Again, it'd be Kevin Moore all over again. We need someone completely seperate to the whole club and these players who will come in and completely change the vibe of the club. That's all I'm saying.

And again, if you could read you'd realise that.

G

Gladiator.

Jesus Christ you're a retard!

I'm not being negative, Dymock has done quite a good job and at least changed a few things that are clearly his doing. That's awesome. But everyone wanking on like he's the best choice for the full time gig even though we have premiership winning coaches proven at numerous clubs out there who we'll turn down instead? Yeah right! Again, it'd be Kevin Moore all over again. We need someone completely seperate to the whole club and these players who will come in and completely change the vibe of the club. That's all I'm saying.

And again, if you could read you'd realise that.
That whole reply all I read was your negativity, not once did you mention he was doing a good job. When someone reads a post like that, they see negativity all over. Once again you cannot have a civilized conversation without turning to personal insults.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That whole reply all I read was your negativity, not once did you mention he was doing a good job. When someone reads a post like that, they see negativity all over. Once again you cannot have a civilized conversation without turning to personal insults.
Well of course I'm gonna get pissed when some dude rips into me in multiple threads for being negative.

I'm one of the most constructive and level headed blokes on here. What I'm saying is if you read my views in these threads and others you'd know my views and what I was saying. But if I get stung then I attack.

marsvolta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
fwiw i think btrainben has made some great contributions to the forum. i don't always agree, but they're typically clear, on topic and worth reading

dullbogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Attract players to the club?
Who do we wanna attract? We've got props... we've got backrowers... we've got hookers, centres, a fullback, some decent wingers.
It's not like we're shot for depth.
Well for one thing we need a 5/8. That's pretty obvious. We're not going to go far without a real 5/8 in the team....

Depth is good but personally I'm sick of having a dominating NSW cup team littered with fringe 1st graders while the actual NRL team stuggles. Nothing wrong with having a coach that can attract marquee players.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is a great example of looking at the worst possible scenario on Jim Dymock, What else can you write to make people feel good about our Team?
I am glad you are not responsible for any motivational stuff at the Dogs!!!
Long live Lord Jim!!!!
Right on! And if the club can find him a five eighth and a left wing for next season Lord Jim will live lond and successfully.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Nothing against the bloke but I hope he doesn't get the job. Next years team is going to be very young and I don't think a rookie coach is going to help. I would much rather an established coach like Sticky. Yeah he's a knob, but players repect him and want to play under him and would attact quality players to the club. And if Dymock doesn't work out after a year what then? Who knows what coaches will be available at that time. It's a big risk imo.
Stuart may have more experience but his FG coaching record is worse than Moores and Folkes and Dymocks. And i still havent seen ricky come out and say he is available to coach fulltime next year, so why not try Jim for a year? There is no officially available experienced coaches that are so great we have to have them. And who needs to attract anyone to the club. We already have enough star players. We need time with the same side for a while so they gel. Storm, Broncos, Merge all have the same core team they had 3 or 4 years ago, thats why they go so well. It takes time to get cohesion. Our biggest problem is we have turned over too many players. I for one hope graham is the last major signing i see for 2012.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sticky has stated several times that he will not coach any club next season. He wishes to coach NSW. I say Dymock for one more year.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
According to Steve Mortimer, whom I spoke with today during a work function, he rates Dymock.

However he stated the obvious. Bennett is the best, followed by Bellamy, then daylight after that.

He says Bennett is a life coach and is able to get the best out of his players.

On Bellamy, h said similar to Bennett but more technical. He used the example of Brian Norrie. Norrie was playing bush footy in Wagga. Bellamy has him playing 1st grade replacing Lima, Tolman & White. Able to do this by giving him a simple plan and getting him to believe that he is able to achieve the plan.

Given that neither is available, stick with Dymock. The rest are in the same bunch.

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
I would put Hasler with Bellamy/Bennett but the rest are way behind those three.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think people underestimate the mammoth achievement of taking continually underachieving or mediocre clubs like the Roosters to 6 straight GF's and one GF win (when was the last time tha happened at that club? The 20's?) and a club that's always in contention for the spoon like the Sharks to third place with not that impressive a team and within one game of the GF, a game which they should have won against then dominant Melbourne.

People forget stuff like that and only look at the poor years after all of that for Stuart at the Roosters and Cronulla. Well, for those clubs those are normal seasons! That's how bad they've always been. What he did there in short amounts of time is nearly a miracle!

Add to that that he's held in such high regard that he's been given the NSW job twice and the Australian job once and that star players hold him in extremely high regard, then surely that stands for something. I don't see Kevin Moore or Jim Dymock having any of that success or being continually head hunted for those jobs.

Nor Mick Potter or Justin Morgan or Nathan Brown or any other pleb in that bunch. How is Stuart not the clear standout looking at all of that and the man for the job? It boggles my mind that people want to think otherwise and go with Dymock after the wasted 3 years with an unproven and unequipped coach like Tadpole. Why risk the same sh*t for another 3 years when we've barely achieved a thing since 2004? That was a long time ago.

The time is now to change all of that, shake off our mediocre culture and ways and turn this club into what it always was and always should be. A continual contender built on hardworking and tough values. Not a paper soft yo yo team with a tonne of new players each year like we have been for trhe best part of a decade!

P

Paint.

Only that Stuart's said in the last couple of weeks that he wants to stay on with NSW...

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Only that Stuart's said in the last couple of weeks that he wants to stay on with NSW...
He's said that all year. I'm sure if a good enough offer was put to him he'd take it. Considering he left rep coaching to concentrate on the Sharks previously, I'm sure he'd jump at the chance to coach at a huge club like Canterbury where he has strong ties.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I wouldnt cry if we had stuart BUT he isnt good enough a coach for me to rate him over trying Dymock. A lot of what ricky did as NRL coach was years ago. If we lived for form from years ago, Folkes would still be coach.

NSW have lost every series under him. He has a 50% win record at NRL level. He is not a super coach, he isnt up there with the top coaches. I dont think Stuart offers enough more than Dymock at this stage to usurp him. I reckon if we win our last 2 JD will get the job anyway. Stuart is part of plan B. Again it is assuming a lot to think Stuart wants to coach us fulltime anyway. There is no evidence he will or wants to.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wouldnt cry if we had stuart BUT he isnt good enough a coach for me to rate him over trying Dymock. A lot of what ricky did as NRL coach was years ago. If we lived for form from years ago, Folkes would still be coach.

NSW have lost every series under him. He has a 50% win record at NRL level. He is not a super coach, he isnt up there with the top coaches. I dont think Stuart offers enough more than Dymock at this stage to usurp him. I reckon if we win our last 2 JD will get the job anyway. Stuart is part of plan B. Again it is assuming a lot to think Stuart wants to coach us fulltime anyway. There is no evidence he will or wants to.
Didnt he guide NSW to their last Origion series win? ;)

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

NSW lost 2 or 3 series under Bellamy as well. Does that mean he can't coach? Bellamy's one of the best coaches ever and will maybe end up the best coach ever and even he couldn't guide NSW to series wins.

Dymock might somehow proving that he's a great coach and if he gets the job I hope he is. But as things stand now I want us to go for the much surer commodity. Again, look at the clubs Stuart was coaching at and the success he had that no one before or since has had.

Status
Not open for further replies.