Official Jeral Skelton - Beast!!!

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Alomoti may get his nose out of joint if Skelton is next man up?

Better put both in :grinning:
Based on yesterday Alamoti is ready, Skelton much less so - Alamoti still overplays the "gidley" pass but he makes a lot of metres with every carry despite being heavily marked - defensively he was very good yesterday as well.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
between covid and this years injuries poor Alamoti hasn’t had much time to develop. I’m certain he’s already a mainstay in first grade if his football had been consistent the last 24 months

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It’s time to give both Alamoti and Skelton a go
Im not sure Skelton is ready - very unsure of himself positionally yesterday against poor opposition - he did tackle well and had some good charges - alamoti definitely.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Schoup and Burns were trash last week so hopefully Alamoti gets a run this week. Surely now CC is telling Gus who he'd like to see in the side for the rest of the year. There is ZERO benefit for us in playing Burns or Schoup in the next 3 games. One, if not both, of them need to go

Tell Burns he needs to learn how to tackle and tell Schoup to stop being a selfish prick if they ever want to play FG again

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wasn't televised anywhere.... pisses me off

Plus haven't updated stats on the shitty NSW Cup site.
12 runs 148m 51pcm 7tb 11tkl

He needs to pick up his play the ball speed though but he probably has 10 players on him who have to peel off.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I saw the highlights, looked like a training run but seen ZDC started at 13…guess he’s dropped next week too
It was probably to give him game time in case JMK gets injured early in a game, but who knows?

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Des ball starting to catch up with them. Manly/Blacktown are way below the pace. If Manly cop a few injuries next year will have very few nrl standard potential players to bring in. If Manly are a bottom 4 side consistently will be an interesting one as they have a very different corporate structure. How will the private owner feel about losing sponsers revenue etc. saying that turbo will probably be fine, they will have no injuries all year like Penrith the last couple of years and be fine, keep stealing the tigers best players and all will be well.
That's how Des Hasler rolls. Put all the money in about 20 players & rely on your medical team.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Schoup and Burns were trash last week so hopefully Alamoti gets a run this week. Surely now CC is telling Gus who he'd like to see in the side for the rest of the year. There is ZERO benefit for us in playing Burns or Schoup in the next 3 games. One, if not both, of them need to go

Tell Burns he needs to learn how to tackle and tell Schoup to stop being a selfish prick if they ever want to play FG again
Schoup is a kid that’s learning on the go. Some days he has good games others not so much but one thing he gives is some grunt in our backs. I wouldn’t be kicking him to the curb just yet

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
That's how Des Hasler rolls. Put all the money in about 20 players & rely on your medical team.
Bellamy puts all the money in the spine & relies on the medical team.
Robinson puts all the money in 7 elite players & relies on the medical team.

If they are lucky all of their elite players are available for the finals, if not they are farked.

Always a Bulldog

Malla

Reaction score
between covid and this years injuries poor Alamoti hasn’t had much time to develop. I’m certain he’s already a mainstay in first grade if his football had been consistent the last 24 months
I reckon he will start the season in the centres next year but I agree with you. That cheek injury set him back - it would have been him getting a debut this year and not Casey.

Malla

Reaction score
Schoup is a kid that’s learning on the go. Some days he has good games others not so much but one thing he gives is some grunt in our backs. I wouldn’t be kicking him to the curb just yet
Schoupp has huge potential in first grade I just don't think Centre is his position. He's a future back rower imo.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im not sure Skelton is ready - very unsure of himself positionally yesterday against poor opposition - he did tackle well and had some good charges - alamoti definitely.
Just going purely by Stats which I know is dangerous but didn't see the game... However Alamoti seems to have some problems in defense and missed a few tackles. We have been brittle on our edges last few weeks. I feel if we make a change it will need to improve defense not weaken it. But maybe he had a valid reason for missing those tackles.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just going purely by Stats which I know is dangerous but didn't see the game... However Alamoti seems to have some problems in defense and missed a few tackles. We have been brittle on our edges last few weeks. I feel if we make a change it will need to improve defense not weaken it. But maybe he had a valid reason for missing those tackles.
Defence is an issue, but I think there is far more upside in Alamoti. Play him now will make it much clearer where he is at and what he needs to work on at fg level. Can see the argument to hold him back but I think more to gain in playing him in fg.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Defence is an issue, but I think there is far more upside in Alamoti. Play him now will make it much clearer where he is at and what he needs to work on at fg level. Can see the argument to hold him back but I think more to gain in playing him in fg.
you dont want to kill the young blokes. If he is struggling in NSW cup he is going to get slaughtered in FG

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
you dont want to kill the young blokes. If he is struggling in NSW cup he is going to get slaughtered in FG
I dont think he is struggling - but i can see the argument in holding him back in NSW Cup but at this point i think more to gain by playing him in fg, even if from the bench instead of ZDC

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I dont think he is struggling - but i can see the argument in holding him back in NSW Cup but at this point i think more to gain by playing him in fg, even if from the bench instead of ZDC
cant really play him from the bench as he only covers basically centre or wing

Reaction score
Ito would like to see this fulla and Almotti get a run this year it would do them the world of good . I see some of the posters on here saying Schoup had a poor game he wasnt Robinson Crusoe be a few fullas dodging mirrors this week. Cant see Schoup getting a run in the forwards any time next year barring a heap of injuries but you cant falt his heart just young and still learning his trade.

Dogs Rule

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ito would like to see this fulla and Almotti get a run this year it would do them the world of good . I see some of the posters on here saying Schoup had a poor game he wasnt Robinson Crusoe be a few fullas dodging mirrors this week. Cant see Schoup getting a run in the forwards any time next year barring a heap of injuries but you cant falt his heart just young and still learning his trade.
Alamoti bench skelton centres... Moving skelton to 2nd row to test him out and give Alamoti a crack?