Rumour Jayden Sullivan

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I heard on radio the other day St Merge will be facing cap issues. They never factored in Hunt continuing past his current deal. Someone will need to be released along the way. It was silly of the kid to sign such a long deal though.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
NRL 2022: Dragons young gun Jayden Sullivan wants release as Bulldogs circle
St George Illawarra’s woes continue with one of the club’s brightest prospects asking to be released again from his contract.

Michael CarayannisMichael Carayannis

St George Illawarra half Jayden Sullivan has again requested a formal release from the final three years of his Dragons contract.

It is understood Sullivan’s management wrote to St George Illawarra bosses on Friday afternoon wanting an immediate exit.

It is the second time this month Sullivan has officially asked to leave the club. Canterbury are circling Sullivan despite the 21-year-old being contracted to the Dragons until the end of 2025.

Sullivan formally asked for a release to leave the Dragons earlier this month – a day after skipper Ben Hunt inked a rich two year-extension.

The Dragons instantly rejected the request and were aware Sullivan would want an early exit if the club retained Hunt. It is understood Sullivan’s management has told the club that Sullivan is having mental health problems as a result of uncertainty surrounding his future. He also wants a crack at starting at halfback.

His path at the Dragons is blocked by Hunt whose new deal keeps him at the club until the end of the 2025 season.

The final two years of Sullivan’s contract is worth $1 million.

Sullivan was largely used as a bench utility this year and filled in at hooker. He has no intention of playing dummy half after starting just one game at halfback this season.

St George Illawarra boss Ryan Webb wrote to Dragons members in recent days confirming that Sullivan and fellow rising star Tyrell Sloan wanted out of the club.

“It is unfortunate that we have had formal release requests from two of our young players in Tyrell Sloan and Jayden Sullivan,” Webb wrote.

“From a club perspective, we do not want to release either of these young men as the club has put years of resources towards the development of them both and see them as playing large roles in our future.

“At the crux of this they are both seeking more consistent first grade exposure while, as a football club, we must balance player development with the need to win and these two aims don’t always perfectly align.”

New Canterbury coach Cameron Ciraldo addressed the Sullivan rumours in his first press conference as Wednesday.

“I haven’t met Jayden,” Ciraldo said.
“I know there was some chat before I signed. Rosters are going to change over time. We will make decisions in the best interests of the club.”

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-2022-dragons-young-gun-jayden-sullivan-wants-release-as-bulldogs-circle/news-story/c11aa7a2e5438929503407b0319c1109
Look like Dragons board are explaining a release to members softly.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow 14 pages on a player who is under contract until 2025...he must be a future superstar!

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I may be reading way too much into it but when did not starting at 7 for your footy club equate to a mental health impact? It’s like me saying my mental health has been affected because I didn’t win lotto and seems to be the new “I’m homesick” get out clause. Do we want that at the club?
Has Jayden been told to say that by his manager? By us? I feel bad for people with genuine mental health issues when I read shit like this and apologise if he does indeed have a history of mental health issues.
The mental health issues is a load of bullshit...make him see out the contract and teach him a lesson

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I heard on radio the other day St Merge will be facing cap issues. They never factored in Hunt continuing past his current deal. Someone will need to be released along the way. It was silly of the kid to sign such a long deal though.
and he should of had a Hunt clause in his contract, otherwise he should of signed a shorter deal or went elsewhere back then.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sure is the offseason
Let’s hope the World Cup starting tonight gives us something fresh to talk about

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Um...he has no right to agitate for a release based on his understanding that Hunt would not be at the Dragons...ffs he signed a longterm contract with no get out clauses if Hunt remained at the dragons...case closed
There is a simple way to solve this, Sullivan just needs to talk to Tonya Harding. I am sure she could think of something to solve the situation.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
These are the situations where Managers are supposed to protect their player's interest. Either he should have insisted that St.George put a clause in about if Hunt re-signs or he should have looked elsewhere for him. If the Dragons didn't want to do it you walk. Never believe the verbal answer from an official because they will say anything to get the player to sign on the dotted line.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
There is a simple way to solve this, Sullivan just needs to talk to Tonya Harding. I am sure she could think of something to solve the situation.
No relation. Can't help there.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
WOW
Is it the right avenue to take in an attempt to exit his contract ?
Can it or should it be called mental health reason ?
Why not blatantly come out and say St Merge Steelers simply misled the young fella !!!
Shows a pretty soft underbelly imo

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Most likely we all are hoping that he comes and we get ris of failagain. That what the 14 pages of hope are....
Spot on. Don’t think anyone is busting a nut over Sullivan. More hope the end of Flanagan a season early.

Evil

Kennel Participant
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Reaction score
Chinese has been replaced by Headlands Hotel as the place to dine possible new recruits