Rumour Jayden Sullivan

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mario Tartak also ..
I'm not referri8ng to any particular people here, but why doesn't the NRL properly regulate player managers. It's gotta be one of the most important roles in the game?
Player management is a honey pot for individuals attracted to the big commissions, rather than the best interests of clubs, fans or even impressionable players on their 'client lists'.
And the idea that a player manager can also be a media commentator blows my mind. The game is full of conflicts of interest, yet that one is a beauty - oversight of player managers seems to be a free for all.
I know Gus and others like CC know all this and have experience in handling self-serving player manager. But so many bad recruitment decisions seem to involve a player manager with great sales skills.
What is probably worse is sometimes a club will make a deal and leave a young player in the hands of a 'player manager' to sort out their lives.
A lot of these players come from the bush or have grown up in an environment where everyone around them is trustworthy and trying to do the best for them.
And then suddenly they're in the big smoke with their lives influenced or even controlled by a slippery sales guy more than happy to exploit the situation.
I guess it reflects NRL administration generally. Dodgy.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
If Sullivan and his Manager were smart they will have recorded the Zoom call. He may not need it as there were witnesses so he should be easily able to prove that he was given certain assurances to support him signing the contract. If those enticements aren't forthcoming then he has good grounds to have the contract nullified.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is a requirement in his contract for him to play X number of NRL games in order to graduate to the higher contract value. He maybe on, say, $300k with an additional $200k if he plays, say, 10 or more NRL games. Then he really has grounds to nullify the contract.

Always a Bulldog

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Sullivan and his Manager were smart they will have recorded the Zoom call. He may not need it as there were witnesses so he should be easily able to prove that he was given certain assurances to support him signing the contract. If those enticements aren't forthcoming then he has good grounds to have the contract nullified.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is a requirement in his contract for him to play X number of NRL games in order to graduate to the higher contract value. He maybe on, say, $300k with an additional $200k if he plays, say, 10 or more NRL games. Then he really has grounds to nullify the contract.

Always a Bulldog
If it’s not in writing and included in the contract he has no leg to stand on and needs to suck it up

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
I agree, his manger and lawyer would know it too, if it is the case it's a matter of time before we get the lawful result after the 1st of November, most probably St Merge management know it too but are trying to save face in front of their fans.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
1C1C1C77-ACFD-4C02-A76C-A691D91DAF32.jpegThis was posted on Mario Tartak’s Instagram.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And who is Tartak? His agent?
Another saga..and still close to 5 months til the comp resumes fmd....

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
View attachment 60402This was posted on Mario Tartak’s Instagram.
I don’t follow? His manager posts on his Instagram a pic? What are we taking from that? Simply he’s hanging out with him meaning some sort of business? Just trying to follow what the go is lol.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't mind Sullivan as a talent but this saga dragging on for so long makes everyone look bad. Saints, Griffin and Sullivan all look worse from this situation. Just sort it out.. It's not like they're losing Reg Gasnier

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I don’t follow? His manager posts on his Instagram a pic? What are we taking from that? Simply he’s hanging out with him meaning some sort of business? Just trying to follow what the go is lol.
Thanks dick.