Jarryd Hayne is Darren Lockyer, Benji Marshall and Greg Inglis in one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The fck?! So anyone who can "kick the ball as long as Darren Lockyer" are in his league, are they?

Pat Richards can kick it longer than anyone, does that make him better than Lockyer?
Yes.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Awesome! Get Ben Barba on the phone and tell him to learn how to kick it as far as Darren Lockyer and/or Pat Richards.

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
I thought the genius plane post-try celebration was infact Jarryd comparing himself to his bff Jebus. How wrong I was.

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
What a complete load of infested ****.

OH WOW he can kick as long as Lockyer.... FMD!

Comparing him to Lockyer is ****ing ridiculous, Lockyer has been amazing for every year of his career and very consistent. When Hayne can keep up his form and go for another 8 years straight in top form and remain consistent every week(not 5 good games a year) then we can compare him to the greats of the game.

Lockyer at the same age was miles ahead of Hayne, Lockyer 2001, he was about Haynes age then and you only need to watch him that year(and the years before and after) to see how much of a freak Lockyer is and still is mind you.

Lockyer is one of the greatest players to ever play the game, highest capped Australian player and captain and will be for QLD as well, has won 4 premierships and been consistently the best in the game at his position pretty much since he hit first grade.

Even Slater isn't as good as Lockyer was when he was at fullback, I know the media (and some fans) have short memories but Lockyer's form and brilliance at fullback is probably something that no player will be able to replicate again. Even at his age right now, 33, he has been better than Hayne this season, load of **** article and I'm sick of the media hyping up Hayne so ****ing much. For the record Slater is miles ahead of Hayne as well.

Comparing Hayne to Lockyer or even suggesting he's anywhere near as good is a huge insult to Lockyer.

Next time Pearce has a brilliant 5 game streak we might as well call him Andrew Johns... oh and Lewis and Meninga all in one.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What a complete load of infested ****.

OH WOW he can kick as long as Lockyer.... FMD!

Comparing him to Lockyer is ****ing ridiculous, Lockyer has been amazing for every year of his career and very consistent. When Hayne can keep up his form and go for another 8 years straight in top form and remain consistent every week(not 5 good games a year) then we can compare him to the greats of the game.

Lockyer at the same age was miles ahead of Hayne, Lockyer 2001, he was about Haynes age then and you only need to watch him that year(and the years before and after) to see how much of a freak Lockyer is and still is mind you.

Lockyer is one of the greatest players to ever play the game, highest capped Australian player and captain and will be for QLD as well, has won 4 premierships and been consistently the best in the game at his position pretty much since he hit first grade.

Even Slater isn't as good as Lockyer was when he was at fullback, I know the media (and some fans) have short memories but Lockyer's form and brilliance at fullback is probably something that no player will be able to replicate again. Even at his age right now, 33, he has been better than Hayne this season, load of **** article and I'm sick of the media hyping up Hayne so ****ing much. For the record Slater is miles ahead of Hayne as well.

Comparing Hayne to Lockyer or even suggesting he's anywhere near as good is a huge insult to Lockyer.

Next time Pearce has a brilliant 5 game streak we might as well call him Andrew Johns... oh and Lewis and Meninga all in one.
Tallis is a retarded Bronco, no one from that club is smart outside of football lol

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
lol if thats what Hayne is then what's Bill Slater?????

SBW + Joey Johns + Fitler into 1??? :confused:

you have carked it Tallis

PantherPower83

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, I agree with alot of the stuff you wrote, but this one I cannot agree with.

Slater is the best fullback that I have ever seen, and will probably go down as the best fullback in history.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Inglis at fullback would absolutely DEMOLISH the Hayne train....

I sincerely hope one club signs Inglis and actually places him at fullback and noone will ever speak of the Hayne train again

~stacie

Michael Ennis ♥
Reaction score
I am so ridiculously sick of the Jarryd Hayne jizz fest. FMD.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
tallis is the type of guy where he says one smart thing then a sh1t load of jibberish just flows for awhile

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
olols

please Slater is easily a better fullback than Lockyer was. Lockyer is the better utility'

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The biggest Jizz Fest will be at the Dally M's where he will surely take it out for an extremely consistent season which has seen the Eels remain in the top 8 for the whole season and they will blab on about how Hayne is a superstar and they'll have a 50minute video on him and his arrogant cockiness and then players like Boyd and GI are just gonna sit there and think WTF while Gallop blabs on about how the cap is going to get fixed and then there will be another Jizz Fest on Hayne then another 50minute video on how Parra have remained so consistent (mostly featuring The Plane)...Then they'll quickly do the other awards like they don't matter then the final Jizz Fest where everything comes (pun intended) together and everyone shares their cum over hayne ...

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
In the 100+ years of Rugby league there has never been a player so dominant and devastating when in form. He singlehandedly won the game vs the dogs in the first 10 minutes.

He can win a game all by himself (note - every single victory para has since Origin 2009 onwards has been thanks to Hayne) hence his automatic selection in any rep side. Your kidding if you think he wont get a wing spot on the Aus four nations. When they announce the extended squad he will be the first name picked.

This guy is the reason Para stadium will be a sellout this weekend, everyone wants to watch him play as when on form he is by far the most entertaining footballer since the great one left our game.
Hahahahahaha the key word is wing spot. Inconsistent prick dominates lazy defence, you're out of your mind if you think he is the most devastating player in history.

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
OK, I agree with alot of the stuff you wrote, but this one I cannot agree with.

Slater is the best fullback that I have ever seen, and will probably go down as the best fullback in history.
olols

please Slater is easily a better fullback than Lockyer was. Lockyer is the better utility'
Why? Lockyer did everything Slater did at fullback and more.
What Slater did in origin this year Lockyer did for 5 years straight at origin level. In 2001 he was an absolute freak then in the 2002 series behind a not so good team he was still an absolute stand out all 3 games as well and so on...

Slater has been lucky enough to play in brilliant teams his entire career, the QLD team and Melbourne cheats for the past 5 years. He's still the best fullback in the game and one of the best ever but Lockyer is arguably the best fullback ever to play the game and even in average teams was a regular standout. It's not a coincidence he's never missed QLD or AUS selection again since he got picked at a young age, Slater has been in and out before.

Lockyer could do everything Slater did but was/is a much better play maker and has a great kicking game to go with it. Lets be honest, how many times has Slater threw a pass over the sideline or made really stupid mistakes and I can't remember Slater ever kicking.
Lockyer was like a second 5/8 added to everything else he had he truly was a once in a lifetime player as a fullback(and 5/8).

Don't take this as me bagging out Slater, he's amazing and by far the best fullback of the past 5 years and one of the best ever but Lockyer was still a level above and if a QLD's best ever team comes up or even AUS Lockyer will be at fullback ahead of Slater and that's just unlucky for Slater.

Slater is 27, he didn't really reach "elite" status till 2007/2008(been a consistent freak since). He actually made his AUS debut at 25 years of age(2008). Lockyer was already one of the games elite and playing for Australia and QLD at age 20, went on to be origin captain at 24 years of age and then went on to be AUS captain at 26 years of age.

He got a Clive Churchill award, 2 club player of the years award, 3 club best back awards, QLD origin player of the series twice, game 3 MOM for QLD and a golden boot award amongst other accolades. All at fullback, pre-2004, in 8 years of playing fullback which is how long Slater has now been at fullback since his debut for.

Not many can remember Lockyer at fullback 7 years later but he was and IMO still is arguably* best fullback to ever play the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.