Official Jarryd Hayne Guilty

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Bail revoked.
Sentencing May 8.
As soon as the allocations surfaced of him raping the women in Los Angeles I knew he would blow himself up.
I will very interested to hear what his final legal fees will be.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ouch... in remand until 8th of May for sentencing.

Had he not fucked about and found out (aka appealed several times), they might have even been okay with giving him a non custodial sentence to be served in the community. But since this is his second guilty case, chances are they'll go harder with sentencing.

Certainly seems like this judge isn't mucking about. He was given a week to get his affairs in order, tried to extend that and got denied.

I can't see him being granted another appeal anymore though, as the case has had 2 guilty verdicts, and 1 unable to reach a conclusion. By now no jury member could be classed as independent.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
2 juries had NO DOUBT. If you realise just how hard it is to get that on a he said/she said case and yet they had no doubt, that tells you everything. Lets be real it's not the first time he's been accused of this, lets not forget the stuff in the USA.

Whatever he gets he deserves, no one is above the law. These juries listed to weeks of evidence and deliberated for 23 hours, they had no doubt. He is guilty.
First of all, fuck hayne, I have no dog in this fight.
secondly, the jury returned earlier and implied to the judge that a unanimous verdict wasn’t possible, and the judge sent them back.
they later returned with a unanimous verdict. Sounds to me like the evidence was anything but conclusive and maybe a couple of jurors got bullied?

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
First of all, fuck hayne, I have no dog in this fight.
secondly, the jury returned earlier and implied to the judge that a unanimous verdict wasn’t possible, and the judge sent them back.
they later returned with a unanimous verdict. Sounds to me like the evidence was anything but conclusive and maybe a couple of jurors got bullied?
Or it means that more time was needed as is quite common with juries. Doesn’t matter if they take 2 hours or 2 weeks they are there to deliberate and at the end they were unanimous in their verdict. They would have had a healthy discussion among themselves.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He ain’t getting 15.
judge heard the same things the jury did, and the jury wasn’t convinced initially.
could easily get close to 15 remember there are no mitigating factors he plead not guilty all throughout that’s never a good thing when sentencing. Gut says around the 10-11 years with a non parole of 9 and a bit or whatever it is

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
could easily get close to 15 remember there are no mitigating factors he plead not guilty all throughout that’s never a good thing when sentencing. Gut says around the 10-11 years with a non parole of 9 and a bit or whatever it is
He got like 5 years last time.

Whatever he gets will get served concurrently (at same time).

I'd say he'll get 5 - 7 years, with at least a 3 year non parole period.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Poor bastard .. hope he was off on the next stop and not an all stations to the CBD.

If so I'd be doing the old " "Oh this is my stop", jump off, and then race 2 carriages up and hop back in " trick :tearsofjoy:
This is as a person who is definitely not ‘All Stations to the CB’ there is a few missing ..lol

Last edited:

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is as a person who is definitely not ‘All Stations to the CB’ there is a few missing ..lol
I suspect it was "all stations to methville".

I must say though, I've done the cheeky carriage shift myself. Why? Well because there's nothing more offputting that sitting on a train (of a night) and hearing the people literally next to you discussing how much meth they are getting from their dealer at Pendle Hill, and whose putting how much money in for it.

Ahh the Western trainline... it's like a constant source of entertainment, and an interesting study in human behaviour all rolled into one.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score