Rumour Jarome Luai

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
ffs we have enough money for a quality half back and a couple of quality props
Luai is an average halfback. He’s a very good running five eighth, but we already have that position covered.

For a team with supposed money to burn we’ve sure missed out on or not chased our fair share of middles.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Luai is an average halfback. He’s a very good running five eighth, but we already have that position covered.

For a team with supposed money to burn we’ve sure missed out on or not chased our fair share of middles.
We don't have a running 5/8?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I can't wait to see Luai bomb hard at the Tigers.
Tigers will be fine… they have a passionate and knowledgeable coach and an excellent head administrator. We have an overhyped assistant and..well, Gus.

Tigers will be a force again long before we are. Not too fussed about missing Luai. He isn’t really the player we need… and he also seemingly made the sensible choice for the sake of his future. Win win.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Who are the middles available now? Luai would have been good but the tigers offer is fkn crazy. Losing TPJ and Thommo and replacing them with no one is unfkn acceptable for 24. We will get wooden spoon for sure. Our pack next year is worse than this year. Our pack got dominated every week. It’s so fkn depressing

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Who are the middles available now? Luai would have been good but the tigers offer is fkn crazy. Losing TPJ and Thommo and replacing them with no one is unfkn acceptable for 24. We will get wooden spoon for sure. Our pack next year is worse than this year. Our pack got dominated every week. It’s so fkn depressing
They're offering like a 100-150k more per season than we apparently offered. We offered crazy more too.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
We don't have a running 5/8?
I think we do. Burton has the potential to be elite. With all due respect (and you know I like you, fam) I think you underrate him.

He is still a bit green, has been asked to play behind a shitty pack for his whole career as a full time starting half, and has been confused over his role all year due to a dud coach who tried to turn him into a game managing seven. Not ideal circumstances for any young half trying to find his feet. We saw glimpses of what he is capable of last year when Potter gave him some freedom. But we’ll never see him (or any half) reach full potential until we have a dominant pack.

Compare Burton’s baptism of fire to Luai, who was lucky enough to come up under an elite coach, playing alongside the best half in the game and behind the best forward pack. Put him in our team and I really doubt he’d do any better.

Hopefully with a more clearly defined role, Burton can produce form a bit closer to what he’s capable of.

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Not disagreeing with you, fam. I think we needed to throw the kitchen sink at AFB…. As much as I don’t like his personal history and as much as Gus may not have liked his attitude. Until we compete around the ruck, we aren’t competing in the scoreboard. Gus has somehow managed to make an already weak pack weaker. This is why I neg on him. The best dogs sides have always been built around forwards. We have let go of Vaughan, TPJ, Thompson and Waddell in the past few years, all better middles than the forwards Gus has brought in. I don’t see the vision.

bulldog butch

Kennel Established
Reaction score
TBH, with our current list, I can’t see how we are even close to the cap
When you look at some other rosters your 100% right...
My only issue is all our buys we basically have to be the highest bidder with our current situation, and few juniors to get value from while there up and comers....

Mahoney
Addo Carr
Burton
Kikau
Crighton

We prob had to pay more than there worth to get them on board....

Salmon
Taafe
Sutton
Hutchinson

Probs other clubs have signed them in the past for minimum wage where we might of had to pay a bit more to get them over...

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we do. Burton has the potential to be elite. With all due respect (and you know I like you, fam) I think you underrate him.

He is still a bit green, has been asked to play behind a shitty pack for his whole career as a full time starting half, and has been confused over his role all year due to a dud coach who tried to turn him into a game managing seven. Not ideal circumstances for any young half trying to find his feet. We saw glimpses of what he is capable of last year when Potter gave him some freedom. But we’ll never see him (or any half) reach full potential until we have a dominant pack.

Compare Burton’s baptism of fire to Luai, who was lucky enough to come up under an elite coach, playing alongside the best half in the game and behind the best forward pack. Put him in our team and I really doubt he’d do any better.

Hopefully with a more clearly defined role, Burton can produce form a bit closer to what he’s capable of.
@Flanagun Potter had the spine of Averillo, Burton, Flanagan, JMK and off the bench Docker Clay working quite well. Gould stuffed it all up.

Dogiezz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
When you look at some other rosters your 100% right...
My only issue is all our buys we basically have to be the highest bidder with our current situation, and few juniors to get value from while there up and comers....

Mahoney
Addo Carr
Burton
Kikau
Crighton

We prob had to pay more than there worth to get them on board....

Salmon
Taafe
Sutton
Hutchinson

Probs other clubs have signed them in the past for minimum wage where we might of had to pay a bit more to get them over...
Do we have any dawgs in our Bulldogs team?

Who's our Bulldogs leader?

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
@Flanagun Potter had the spine of Averillo, Burton, Flanagan, JMK and off the bench Docker Clay working quite well. Gould stuffed it all up.
@Polly Power. Potter didn’t have shit working quite well. We won a couple of games when season was over. Still lost heaps too. The potter narrative is accurate as your boyfriend @04 Dreaming

Joelmcevoy2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So is it true are we still holding out hope for luai or is brent read talking crap i thought he signed the tigers deal

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So is it true are we still holding out hope for luai or is brent read talking crap i thought he signed the tigers deal
Only visited to see your post(I cgaf about Luai tbh) but breakout the tissues Joel old son, he is goneski .. elsewhere

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
Surprised that Luai has already said nothing signed.... Maybe Gus and Ciro can still get him

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tigers will be fine… they have a passionate and knowledgeable coach and an excellent head administrator. We have an overhyped assistant and..well, Gus.

Tigers will be a force again long before we are. Not too fussed about missing Luai. He isn’t really the player we need… and he also seemingly made the sensible choice for the sake of his future. Win win.
Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Knowledgeable coach bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaahhhhahahhhahahahahahhahahhahhahahahahhhahhahaaahahahahahahahahahahahh
Benji
Bahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahhahhhhahahahahahahahahhhahhahahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahahaha
You know they got the spoon with benji yeah.