JAMES Tedesco revealed he is being courted by the Bulldogs and Roosters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ohhhh please you make it sound like there's day light between the two ... Mitchell is well and truly closing that gap. His had 1 full season in the top grade and is still a few years younger then Tedesco. I'd love Teddy at the Dogs but in no way is Mitchell not as good as Teddy
Mitchell and Teddy at this point of time, not considering their actual abilities, are miles apart. Tedesco is a winner playing in a losing team. He craves success and, as much as I hate to use the term, is a competitor. Mitchell probably has more natural talent and a better body for the competition but he really doesn't have the huge drive of Tedesco. Can be pretty lazy and disappear in games.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Hey .... if Roosters get Tedesco, would people be open to the idea of signing Michael Gordon for a year or two, whilst developing Abbey (assuming we don't lose him)?

Gordon has been brilliant for Roosters this year and 2 years would have him retiring at 35/36
I'd take him and chuck him on the wing

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Im hearing that Tigers are preparing a 5 million dollar three year offer.
This is insane.
Not it's not insane. It's just your own insanity talking to you;

(i) Tigers don't have the kind of money lying around
(ii) They have not yet made him a formal offer.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why would you respond to Nasheed? Clearly he loves being dramatic to fish out responses

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey .... if Roosters get Tedesco, would people be open to the idea of signing Michael Gordon for a year or two, whilst developing Abbey (assuming we don't lose him)?

Gordon has been brilliant for Roosters this year and 2 years would have him retiring at 35/36
Unless we sign very creative halves we'd struggle if we signed him. He has no ball playing ability the roosters use him a lot back on the inside because of it

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
How pissed are we gonna be if we lose Graham, sign Woods and end up with someone like fat Peta Hiku instead of Tedesco

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
How pissed are we gonna be if we lose Graham, sign Woods and end up with someone like fat Peta Hiku instead of Tedesco
Bro I'm getting my picket signs ready to protest outside uncle Raelene and aunty Ray Dibs offices!

@Mr Invisible have I used the correct terminology in the aforementioned sentence?

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm genuinely concerned we'll end up with Gordon

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Don't worry, luring Sam perrett out of retirement is the backup plan if we don't get tedesco. And then there's always the ever reliable Chase Stanley who's probably contracted for another five years worth of free knee rehabbing and physio...

jamma01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I believe we are no chance of signing Tedesco cant see it happening , Woods will come as will Foran

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Let's not kid ourselves. Not many players that have come to play under Des have made a great career move the last 4 years
He really drops the ball when it comes to poaching highly rated juniors from other clubs. Not one has gone on to become anything of note.

Downtowndog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Let's not kid ourselves. Not many players that have come to play under Des have made a great career move the last 4 years
Lets not muck around here.

Des does not have the aura like Bennett and Bellamy.

Everybody would love to play under Bellamy, Cronk, Smith & Slater, its something Bellamy built from scratch and kudos to him.

Old Wayne can still attract players even though he is becoming a old stubborn fool like Des.

Uncle Nick is another one who attracts stars while knocking off 100k from there price selling the Bondi lifestyle and the strong club culture they have.

Do you really think a star wants to come to the Dogs to play under Des alongside Mbye, Reynolds, Hoppa & Lichaa? Which star did Des recruit at Manly? Whats he recruited at Belmore? Brett Morris, and that had absolutely nothing to do with Des.

The game has gone beyond bringing up your own, it is all about recruitment for a quick fix and success in a short period of time.

If the dogs were business smart in regards to recruitment, they should throw everything at Cronk and announce it ASAP to attract other good stock. Cronk would be the absolute media pin up boy in Sydney, especially since no one gives a shit about Rugby League in Victoria.

Cronk = Sponsors, Members, Elite Players, Success

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets not muck around here.

Des does not have the aura like Bennett and Bellamy.

Everybody would love to play under Bellamy, Cronk, Smith & Slater, its something Bellamy built from scratch and kudos to him.

Old Wayne can still attract players even though he is becoming a old stubborn fool like Des.

Uncle Nick is another one who attracts stars while knocking off 100k from there price selling the Bondi lifestyle and the strong club culture they have.

Do you really think a star wants to come to the Dogs to play under Des alongside Mbye, Reynolds, Hoppa & Lichaa? Which star did Des recruit at Manly? Whats he recruited at Belmore? Brett Morris, and that had absolutely nothing to do with Des.

The game has gone beyond bringing up your own, it is all about recruitment for a quick fix and success in a short period of time.

If the dogs were business smart in regards to recruitment, they should throw everything at Cronk and announce it ASAP to attract other good stock. Cronk would be the absolute media pin up boy in Sydney, especially since no one gives a shit about Rugby League in Victoria.

Cronk = Sponsors, Members, Elite Players, Success
Absolutely agree with everything you said.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Why would anybody choose the Roosters over us?
Are you kidddin?

If I was a Sydney based footballer, and every team in the comp was offering me 500k to go to their team, I would choose the Roosters 100% even over the dogs. If I was a QLDer Id go to the Broncos but thats why i added the Sydney Caveat.

Think about it;

-Third party sponsors
-traditional club with history of success
-'glamour' club
-Road to rep duties
-Eastern suburbs social scene
-Bondi lifestyle
-Good coach and playing group.
-Train on the beach.

The best club to play for. He will elevate there.

This is why I am unhappy they are competing with us for him.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to throw it out there .
After all this bullshit will he or won't he....JAMES TEDESCO WILL STAY AT THE WESTS TIGERS.
Just a feeling. Isaac Moses has played us all for fools

Reactions: DT

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm going to throw it out there .
After all this bullshit will he or won't he....JAMES TEDESCO WILL STAY AT THE WESTS TIGERS.
Just a feeling. Isaac Moses has played us all for fools
Could be why Woods seems to be having second thoughts about leaving the Tigpies.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Woods and Tedesco want out this time but money makes people do silly things...anything is possible

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think Woods and Tedesco want out this time but money makes people do silly things...anything is possible

The money on offer for tedesco to stay at the tigers is more then his being offered to leave so who knows can't wait for the speculation to end fkn circus.

Reactions: DT
Status
Not open for further replies.