JAMES Tedesco revealed he is being courted by the Bulldogs and Roosters

Status
Not open for further replies.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
JAMES Tedesco has sensationally revealed he is being courted by the Bulldogs and Roosters, and the reasons why he could leave Concord to join an NRL rival.

Speaking to local radio station C91.3FM early on Thursday morning, Tedesco was open and honest when questioned about his contract situation and the firestorm engulfing his Wests Tigers.

Tedesco’s future is a hot topic in rugby league at the moment, as he’s yet to commit to a club beyond 2017.

He’s not alone, with teammates and close friends Aaron Woods, Mitchell Moses, and Luke Brooks also yet to confirm their futures — although Brooks is believed to have agreed to an extension with the Tigers.

The quartet have been quiet on their contract situations over the past two months but Tedesco dropped a bombshell when asked about the Bulldogs and Roosters.

“Those two teams are interested,” the talented fullback said.

“(My manager) Isaac (Moses) told me those two are interested, I haven’t really had any formal discussions with them.

“They definitely are interested, and those two teams are pretty strong clubs that we’ll have to consider.

“Obviously the priority is to stay at Tigers but our performances lately haven’t been up to scratch, from my perspective and from the team’s perspective.”

Tedesco is one of the hottest young players in the game and undoubtedly one of the best fullbacks running around.

The Tigers confirmed on Wednesday night they have made Tedesco and Woods retention priorities, but they face stiff competition from rival clubs.

In a shock admission, Tedesco revealed he is fed up with the off-field dramas the Tigers seem to find themselves in on a regular basis.

The club’s latest saga involved sacking coach Jason Taylor three rounds in to the season, who has now been replaced by Ivan Cleary.

“I think clubs like the Bulldogs and Roosters, you know they’re always going to be strong and they’ve always been run from the top very powerfully,” Tedesco said.

“The Tigers have always been down the bottom, we’ve always had off-field dramas and that stuff gets quite annoying over the years when you have to put up with it.

“That stability at other clubs is tempting, I guess, when you think about it.

“Ivan’s come in and said it will take a bit of time, and there is hope there that we can get back on track and that’s the hope we need.”

Tedesco says if new coach Cleary can prove he has what it takes to turn the club around on and off the field, he will be more inclined to stay in the famous black and orange strip.

“It’s not money, the money is not an issue,” he said.

“Just our performances need to improve ... as I said Ivan might come in and prove that and I might see that long-term we will be able to win premierships.

“Also recruiting as well, I think we need to make some good signings in the next few years to be a strong club.

“Our squad at the moment is quite strong, we just haven’t been consistent for many years.

“I’m hoping Ivan can come in and we can generate some consistency, but it takes a bit of time.”

Cleary has spoken privately to Tedesco already in the past few days in an effort to entice the star fullback to remain at Concord.

“He’s talked to me a bit and said he can turn me into the best fullback in the game,” Tedesco said.

“He played fullback as well, and I know myself I’ve got to work on some things and improve in a lot of areas and he’s confident that he can help me with that.

“The team too with that stability — as you know we’ve had a lot of off-field stuff — and having Ivan there, he’s come in and simplified it a bit for us.

“I think we’ll take that on board and hopefully get a win this weekend. We need something.”

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...s/news-story/ace137a2803718118c509d0d52233cee

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's gonna be hard for tigers to wanna keep him now right? I mean that's as straight shooting as you'd get these days and clubs don't like it as it's anti pc. So maybe we can grab him oh wait....... Castle.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
lol @ Wests Tigers

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Fuck I hope we sign him

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What if Tigers lose all 4 and everyone laughs at them untill they announce the signings of SJ and Cronk lol.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
If we sign Tedesco we will probably be stuck with mbye/Reynolds. We should get either cronk or foran and move mbye to fb

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If we sign Tedesco we will probably be stuck with mbye/Reynolds. We should get either cronk or foran and move mbye to fb
And thats exactly why we need frawley starting. His kicking game is lethal.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He won't leave Bulldogs won't get any big name player on the market

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Surely our sports science recovery should tempt him with us considering his injuries or maybe rae raes pushing our Nigerian based members lol

jon50n

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roosters vs Bulldogs in a recruitment race. Surely we're 500-1 underdogs
The difference is we have a salary cap to meet guidelines for but for some reason the Rorters DON'T ... I want Tebasco at our club but me thinks again the Rorters will do a Broncos and find a way to under value him and find 3rd party back door cash!

Reactions: DT

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No we won't.
1.tedesco
6.reynolds
7.frawley
9.mbye

Status
Not open for further replies.