Not open for further replies.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I wonder if the same people saying kas will grow into his body and get over his injuries are the same people that say ted is injury prone...... ted is not injury prone.

GeneralLee01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'm hoping we don't sign he doesn't deserve what it is reported he is asking for just because he has played two good games
IMO he is not worth more 350k he is injury prone and it's only the start of the season I want to see him finish the season out first because he hasn't even played one full season yet
If we wait till then we will have missed the boat.

GeneralLee01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
agreed, splashing anymore than 400k is too much of a risk
Do you think that successful businesses haven't taken some risks to get where they are?
We don't have a fullback and this bloke Tedesco is too good an opportunity to not have a crack at.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm hoping we don't sign he doesn't deserve what it is reported he is asking for just because he has played two good games
IMO he is not worth more 350k he is injury prone and it's only the start of the season I want to see him finish the season out first because he hasn't even played one full season yet
Is that not part of the investment & risk though.

If he plays injury free then we got a fb worth in excess of 600k for a bargain??

Not enough talent going around in the following positions: 1,6,7,9.

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is that not part of the investment & risk though.

If he plays injury free then we got a fb worth in excess of 600k for a bargain??

Not enough talent going around in the following positions: 1,6,7,9.
It is my understanding that over the next three years the salary cap will go up by almost $500,000 a season. That means that you can keep the same squad and add an extra player per year, at least.
$600,00 next is not as big a chunk of the cap as you might think.

Also i totally agree that Tedesco is not perfect, nor Hiku or Loche- but damn we need a genuine fb.
Not enough talent around.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
It is my understanding that over the next three years the salary cap will go up by almost $500,000 a season. That means that you can keep the same squad and add an extra player per year, at least.

Also i totally agree that Tedesco is not perfect, nor Hiku or Loche- but damn we need a genuine fb.
Yep agreed... It makes it harder with the lack of talent too. Over the next 24 months we' re going to see that it's perfectly normal to be paying $1 million for players in key positions.

Once the hype surrounding DuhFita dissipates, he'll only be known as just another overpaid forward who gets gang tackled and smashed. His exceptional performances of last year will be a distant memory.

jo7resh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you think that successful businesses haven't taken some risks to get where they are?
We don't have a fullback and this bloke Tedesco is too good an opportunity to not have a crack at.
Then that's fine I don't mind if we miss out there will always be someone else to come along

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

I dont agree. Players wages will just go up, you wont really have x amount to add a whole new player to the squad. You would also think some players contracts would go up by a percentage based on increases in the cap.

GeneralLee01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I dont agree. Players wages will just go up, you wont really have x amount to add a whole new player to the squad. You would also think some players contracts would go up by a percentage based on increases in the cap.
I agree Marley and to add to your opinion you also have to consider the topping up of young players who become regulars or stars, such as Klemmer and the like who will command more at the completion of their current contracts.

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most contracts are already fixed years ahead.
Only marquee type players would have contracts with percentages of the teams cap.

If you are not spending the cap each year you are wasting your time. You just have to find the best available players who want to come to the club and fill accordingly.
A players value, just like a house's, is dictated by market forces. $600 in 2015 when you factor in third party deals is not outrageous for a genuine fullback who is young obviously talented and is playing good football.
IMO

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
500-550k everyday of the week imo. 700 a lil too much.

GeneralLee01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I agree 700k is a little too much but sometimes you have to pay a little more to get the player to change clubs.
Yeah 700k is to much I think between 5-600k should be the max limit. If 450-550k can get him here and leave the Tigers bid for dead that would be ideal. Say 2 Mil for 4 years would be great.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Rumour Mill: South Sydney are expected to come in with an offer for Andrew Fifita though it would seem long odds considering his love for Rugby Union and his desire to defect. Melbourne are offering Kevin Proctor around and the Titans are believed to be a potential destination, though don’t rule out Manly if the price is right. Tim Grant is believed to be considering a move to Cronulla after being dumped by the Panthers on the weekend. The mail that Anthony Milford may stay at Canberra – as the rumour mill has it – is off the mark. Expect Canterbury to fire a huge offer to James Tedesco now Fifita is out of the mix. Peta Hiku will be at either Canterbury or the Wests Tigers next year, pending on how the Tedesco cards fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.