James Graham backs Canterbury Bulldogs to regain their bite for NRL finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/rug...heir-bite-for-nrl-finals-20160905-gr99bd.html

Canterbury captain James Graham has played down concerns about the Bulldogs' form leading into Sunday's elimination final against Penrith at Allianz Stadium, insisting Des Hasler's side can lift when it matters most.

The Bulldogs have lost three matches in a row to qualify seventh and must beat the Panthers without the services of fullback Will Hopoate, who will be missing for religious reasons, if they are to keep their premiership hopes alive.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/rug...eir-bite-for-nrl-finals-20160905-gr99bd.html#

"No one is going to read about that after. No one is going to care too much about that after. It is here, we're playing Penrith, let's see where it goes. We have to believe in ourselves. There is no point dwelling on last Friday, on the two Thursdays before that because it has been and gone. It is pointless. I know this is cliched. It is a new competition."

Graham said his team approached the finals with lofty expectations despite having not won for a month.

"We're a big club with big responsibilities. That comes with the territory. It's the nature of the beast," Graham said. "Canterbury are a huge, huge Sydney club with a massive following. That all comes with it. You're always under pressure to perform and succeed.

"There is no escaping it, whether it's through media channels of people in the street. You only have to look back at the times we have made grand finals to see what a difference it makes, to see the outpouring of support. That in a sense shows how much the game means to people and how many people it does affect. It comes with the territory and you wouldn't have it any other way."

Dogs are barking: Skipper James Graham has dismissed the Bulldogs' poor form leading into the NRL finals series. Photo: Getty Images
As for Hopoate, who negotiated a contract with Canterbury that permits him to sit out games on Sundays due to his Mormon faith, the Bulldogs are confident they can perform with him.

The fullback will only entertain the thought of reversing his position on Sunday football if Canterbury manage to string together three successive wins and qualify for the grand final.

"Will has been outstanding for us this year," Graham said. "He is a really important part of our team. We had a month in the middle of the year where we got some practice playing without him.

"I am fully confident in the lads that are going to take the field. I stand right next to Will, I stand by his side. His faith defines who he is, it really does. I don't think I would want Will on the field with something like this hanging in his head. He is not playing, that is a fact."

So Hoppa is now starting to "only entertain the thought of reversing his position on Sunday football if Canterbury manage to string together three successive wins and qualify for the grand final." Gee who could have seen that religious hypocrisy coming. I would be very pissed as a fan if he sat out until GF day then took someone's spot!

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did we finish 7th? Thats fucking shit.isnt thats all thats been said for the last 3 weeks we can win this game blah blah so far all talk no action ill tune back in if we make a grandfinal not wasting anymore time watching the absolute shit they dish out week in week out.
Realene can sit in her castle and eat cake and pretend everything is ok but if she doesn't start listening to the people.
Off with her head.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
If we somehow manage to make the GF Hoppa should not play. We would have got there without him.
The club should "insist", nah thanks Hoppa but due to your previously stated un-waivering religious beliefs that we support, your services will not be required......thankyou for your feedback and because you can't train, watch or attend on these days we will txt you the result. Raelene :grinning:

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just had to check the ladder we really did finish 7th fuck me dead and these arse clowns think they honestly have a chance after playing like fucktard robots all year and threatened no team ?
All you can do is laugh i guess

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I just had to check the ladder we really did finish 7th fuck me dead and these arse clowns think they honestly have a chance after playing like fucktard robots all year and threatened no team ?
All you can do is laugh i guess
Laughing is all that remains now LMAO

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Shia LaBeouf where are you? We need you to motivate the dogs for Sunday!!

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Talk talk talk
Lol
We have heard all this talk of what they are going to do.

Haven't seen any of them actually get any of it done yet

Talk is cheap

Walk the walk guys

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
The club should "insist", nah thanks Hoppa but due to your previously stated un-waivering religious beliefs that we support, your services will not be required......thankyou for your feedback and because you can't train, watch or attend on these days we will txt you the result. Raelene :grinning:
haha I wish...Raelene is too worried about inclusivity to insist that. Any CEO with balls would never have allowed Ploppas demands.

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Did we finish 7th? Thats fucking shit.isnt thats all thats been said for the last 3 weeks we can win this game blah blah so far all talk no action ill tune back in if we make a grandfinal not wasting anymore time watching the absolute shit they dish out week in week out.
Realene can sit in her castle and eat cake and pretend everything is ok but if she doesn't start listening to the people.
Off with her head.
We have not improved since 2013. We have had one of the better years with injuries too. If we dont get Foran then we will miss the 8 next year.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Graham is a fucking lost at the moment.

Poor bastard looked like he has just warped in from the twilight zone. He hasnt got a clue.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
We might beat Penrith, but even if we do, IF we do, we'll lose to the loser of the Sharks/Raiders game.

Status
Not open for further replies.