James Graham - 2013 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big_Dawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do you figure that? Des has only done the Graham starting thing the last 2 weeks, and Graham went off before halftime injured last night. And we beat Manly at Brookvale the first time he tried it last week. Weird comment. If you were being sarcastic, it still is a weird comment lol.
Because last week against manly with 15 mins left to go all of our front rowers were too tired and we let them back in the game and last night we had no impact from Sam early on and they jumped us

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
On Triple M this morning they got a call from the club to say he should be right for our next game but they are monitoring him.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
On Triple M this morning they got a call from the club to say he should be right for our next game but they are monitoring him.
Good news, did something just get strained/niggled the doctor didn't like?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Thank the good Lord! We need him on the field if we are any chance of winning.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good news, did something just get strained/niggled the doctor didn't like?
They didnt mention an anything about the sling. I only listened to them for a short period between my boys footy games but they did say he should be right.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Hope they are right. As I said, he's a tough breed Graham. Not many tougher in the NRL, and never stays down, or plays a penalty. To me that shows how savage Nappas dog act was above anything.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I struggle to see what benefit there was putting the player on report apart for the free interchange to take graham off. We lost a player due to a banned tackle. The hit was fairly high (haven't seen the replay).

We got a penalty which is fair enough by what is the point in the sin bin/send off if illegal tactics are used and players are taken out of the match yet the only recourse for the team that got the penalty is to take the injured player off without it counting and the next interchange also not being counted.

Only thing the roosters copped was a penalty and possibly lose the player for the next game or two (again no benefit to us in this case).

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Because last week against manly with 15 mins left to go all of our front rowers were too tired and we let them back in the game and last night we had no impact from Sam early on and they jumped us
I agree that the tactic has a downside, we did fade badly after an amazing start, the only full match it has been tried. BY that i mean the other time he started Graham, vs Roosters, Graham went off early and we actually finished well but too late, almost grabbing an unlikely victory.

My comment was more about you saying it isnt working, like it has been tried enough to really tell. If Des can find a way to make it work and we dont fade, then it would be ideal. I do like the start we got. Our starts have been a problem in games before.

And yeh how come im not seeing much about Graham's condition anywhere? How is he???

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I struggle to see what benefit there was putting the player on report apart for the free interchange to take graham off. We lost a player due to a banned tackle. The hit was fairly high (haven't seen the replay).

We got a penalty which is fair enough by what is the point in the sin bin/send off if illegal tactics are used and players are taken out of the match yet the only recourse for the team that got the penalty is to take the injured player off without it counting and the next interchange also not being counted.

Only thing the roosters copped was a penalty and possibly lose the player for the next game or two (again no benefit to us in this case).
Whats worse the player who did it isn't even a key/regular player and will most likely get off easy. He should of been sent off for using a banned tactic to injure a player who wasn't expecting it and couldn't continue from it.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Graham injured his back and was taken off as a precaution. Should be right for our next game but was having spasms after that cheap shot.

Why not fine the clubs for dirty tactics? After all it's not in the spirit of the game. $25,000 fine per dodgy incident proven by the NRL as being a dirty tactic.

Just watched it again because I thought maybe I've over exaggerated how bad it was. I hadn't. Nappa drives up with the legs, nailing Grahams head with his shoulder. Bloody amazing he didn't break his cheekbone.

Even if the piece of shit cops the maximum 8 week penalty, being a fringe first grader in his first game (thats a bit suss too!), the Roosters would remain unaffected.

coreyhart

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sign Bupa up beyond 2014 please and put the 'C' next to his name - afterall Jimmy captains England and we might get a fairer deal from the Ref's?, who honestly are probably fed-up with Ennis to the eye-teeth. This is not a shot at Ennis's play though (just at his persistent complaining/questioning of the Ref's). Mick wears his heart on his sleeve and makes 50 tackles a game before he is happy with himself. I wish we could clone Ennis & Bupa and have 1 more of each in the forward pack.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Graham injured his back and was taken off as a precaution. Should be right for our next game but was having spasms after that cheap shot.

Why not fine the clubs for dirty tactics? After all it's not in the spirit of the game. $25,000 fine per dodgy incident proven by the NRL as being a dirty tactic.

Just watched it again because I thought maybe I've over exaggerated how bad it was. I hadn't. Nappa drives up with the legs, nailing Grahams head with his shoulder. Bloody amazing he didn't break his cheekbone.

Even if the piece of shit cops the maximum 8 week penalty, being a fringe first grader in his first game (thats a bit suss too!), the Roosters would remain unaffected.
It might of been the old rare hitman tactic some coaches have used back in the day but that might me be angry at the Roosters player.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Geeze this bloke is a legend..sure there have been pommy forwards just as tough as him but I don't think there has been any smarter. He is a football genius..knows when to put the big play on or take it up the middle. He is bruising in defence and attack..just and out and out class player. The Doggies are lucky to have such a top player..he will, I'm confident, be part of a Dogs premiership winning team..he's too good not to be!!!

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is a very big reason why the teams his played for have made it to the grand final. And it was very evident without him in the field our forward pack drops in intensity. His a gun and his presence will be hard to replace if we lose him. Well done k more you did a few things right before you left :grinning:

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Glad to hear his injury is not too serious. Back spasms can be a bitch though.

tezza1

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This bloke is a deadset legend. Everytime he is on the field the team lifts

Status
Not open for further replies.