James Graham - 2013 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Just a quick lil rumour I over heard someone in a suit in a specific restaurant in Belmore mention something big this week will be announced. Had to do with graham and another player big signing. Once I heard it I was thinking re sign graham and maybe folou singed with us but again just something I heard could have been any Tom dick or Harry in a suit but I hope it's what I'm thinking...
Hoping for good news ey!

Seeing how well Graham and the Burgess bros go, i can imagine that recruiters for NRL will now be scouring the ESL for forwards. The pommies put out good forwards. Its the type of game they play in super league that breeds them.
I've never been to England but is the weather usually wet and cold, if so this must help in creating such forwards.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I heard that he wanted to go back home which I don't believe at all. Apparently that he misses home and wanted to ask for a release. Seeing his passion for the team and the way he plays I would say just another haters rumour trying to stir crap.

I think he will play again in England. He is a big name player and captain of England to never return there but I think there is no chance that he won't see out his contract. I'm hoping that he signs one more too before he goes back to the saints to finish up.

Who ever started that rumour needs an uppercut.

S

Sharpy

I heard that he wanted to go back home which I don't believe at all. Apparently that he misses home and wanted to ask for a release. Seeing his passion for the team and the way he plays I would say just another haters rumour trying to stir crap.

I think he will play again in England. He is a big name player and captain of England to never return there but I think there is no chance that he won't see out his contract. I'm hoping that he signs one more too before he goes back to the saints to finish up.

I hope it is incorrect, he is our mot important player at present.
You can't deny him to leave if he wants too, home is home unfortunately.
maybe the reason we have extended klemmer , tapau , tolman etc is because they no know of graham leaving?
i hope I am wrong

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I will probably cry for real if and when Graham goes home.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
I hope it is incorrect, he is our mot important player at present.
You can't deny him to leave if he wants too, home is home unfortunately.
maybe the reason we have extended klemmer , tapau , tolman etc is because they no know of graham leaving?
i hope I am wrong
I don't think they have extended Martin's contract. Graham won't leave, he loves it at the dogs. Not to mention that after the success the Burgess brothers and Graham has had in the NRL, it has motivated other players in England to join the NRL.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I'm suprised Eorl Crabtree hasn't considered a move downunder actually.

He is a seriously big unit that bloke.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
With the form of some of the poms in the nrl you would think a GB v Australia final in the tri nations. Will actually be one of the first times I watch international league with interest.

Would like to see what the burgess boys, graham, widdop, Ellis, Reid, tomkins and co can do. I think the gb forwards might be as good if not better then the Aussie pack

8. Burgess
10. Graham
11. Burgess
12. (Some other back rower...) :p
13. Ellis

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Any rumours about graham are bullcrap. The way the guy plays. He is a man of his word. Never whinges. Gets hit but gets up right away instead of milking it. He plays the game tough. He seems like a man of his word. Where a handshake agreement means more then a paper contract. His word means alot and won't back out even if he is home sick (doubt he is).

Even though he starts on the bench (which is the best position for him) he is still the leader of the pack. Absolute legend. Will go down in my books as one of the best players to have worn a blue and white jersey due to his toughness and the way he plays the game. Not in his character to be dirty (biting, high tackles, foul play).

S

Sharpy

Any rumours about graham are bullcrap. The way the guy plays. He is a man of his word. Never whinges. Gets hit but gets up right away instead of milking it. He plays the game tough. He seems like a man of his word. Where a handshake agreement means more then a paper contract. His word means alot and won't back out even if he is home sick (doubt he is).

Even though he starts on the bench (which is the best position for him) he is still the leader of the pack. Absolute legend. Will go down in my books as one of the best players to have worn a blue and white jersey due to his toughness and the way he plays the game. Not in his character to be dirty (biting, high tackles, foul play).

Lets hope so
we have had some gb players , 2 of the best are gary Connelly and the welsh wizard Jonathon Davies
they were super, graham is up with them

Talltimber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Like everyone else - I hope he doesn't want to go home. Having said that if he does go home, I think he has probably stacked more hits, metres and old school mongrel into his time with the NRL than any other signing for any club in recent history. For me he will leave much the same good memories as some of the English imports we have had in the past i.e. Davies, Connelly

Gingerbread Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Getting suspended for 12 weeks for something that you believe you didn't do would obviously be quite demoralising and make you quite homesick. Having said that, he is a total professional and tough as they come. He would want to prove himself in the best competition in the world and see out his contract at the very least.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I heard that he wanted to go back home
We had to go through this with Ben Hannant. From the time Hannant came up with the "I miss my mummy" routine he put in sub standard performances.

The big difference with Bupa is that he gives everything he's got in every game he plays. Just judging from his performances I'd say he's happy being a Bulldog.

Vassman

New Pup
Reaction score
Tolman / Graham vs Broncos

59 mins / 58 mins
20 runs / 20 runs
173 metres / 169 metres
37 tackles / 36 tackles
2 missed / 1 missed
1 offload / 1 offload
0 errors / 0 errors
0 penalties / 0 penalties

Fuark I love having these guys in our squad.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
bupa..what a machine

181 meters from 22 runs, 31 tackles, 0 miss tackles! and only 1 error...

when was the last time he had a bad game?????? may be back in England.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
bupa..what a machine

181 meters from 22 runs, 31 tackles, 0 miss tackles! and only 1 error...

when was the last time he had a bad game?????? may be back in England.
He never looses his bite, pardon the pun.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He got into the grind and he also got close to scoring. I really want him to score his first try already!

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
20 runs for 158m, 37 tackles and 1 offload including a try-saver on Watmough which cut him in half as well. This guy is one of the most important players in our team. Incredible.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Sam Burgess ‏@SamBurgess8 40m

James Graham was massive for the dogs tonight. Still can't understand his accent though ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.