Social Media Jake Friend

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A lot of it depends on if they intend to move Radley back to hooker once Friend retires, if so, then Verills will have to leave.
I think they see Radley as a backrower now. He's suited as a modern day lock and has been playing really well there.

But he obviously could fill in back at hooker if needed.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
lol no I am serious, apparently we're going to be giving Jake year by year contracts, which is smart imo as he's getting on and we saw last year he only played 6 games. But I doubt someone with Verills skill and ability will want to play second fiddle for long.
I wouldn't think retaining Friend at the expense of Verrills would be very smart..

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't think retaining Friend at the expense of Verrills would be very smart..
I meant the year by year contracts for Jake is smart, means we're not carrying him for long if he does go down. I tend to agree as I see Sam as better suited to the new rules moving forward, but alas, us fans rarely get a say.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yep other day they said he’s signing a year by year contract to finish at roosters
Amazing hey. At roosters they sign year by year. At other clubs they secure one last 3 year deal, requiring payout usually

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The bloke hates losing & knows how to start an offensive push. I would take blokes like him & Wade Graham every day of the week because they set a standard versus our current leadership group that happily accepts losses.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Friend will never leave the Rorters, neither will Verrills.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting.... What about Job security or if his form dips next year? One injury and its game over.....
Don’t stress. It’s just the roosters way of dodging the cap as always. They will play the line that friend is at the end of his tenure, year by year contract. Maybe even minimum wage! Nekminnit there’s a Lambo outside roosters HQ with the number plates ‘Friend’. They’re pretty switched on out there in the east. Easy way to get more money back in the cap.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The bloke hates losing & knows how to start an offensive push. I would take blokes like him & Wade Graham every day of the week because they set a standard versus our current leadership group that happily accepts losses.
Can see graham not happy in interviews , bupa was like that. Now they smile and shit it does get annoying