News Jackson Topine takes Bulldogs to court

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The bloke got told to wrestle for punishment at a wrestling session. Fmd

The bloke didn't think he was late. But he was late according to the people who set the schedule.

Instead of coping it on the chin and learning his lesson to he more diligent. He pulls the pins.

Wouldn't want him running out next to me on the field.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
I'm confused why you're so upset about this.

He may not have thought he was late. But the people who set the rules said he was late. Simple.

They are run paramilitary like. And for good reason. that's what the organisation needs for peak performance and discipline on the field.

If I'm late for stretches at my BJJ class (15mins before actual class). I have to wrestle non stop for 8minutes after the class.

The bloke is just grabbing at money because his career is over. Lacks dignity, honor and respect
Upset? I'm laughing my ass off at all of this. So much self righteousness from a range of people who weren't there, selectively pull out whatever quote fits their world view and therefore feel entitled to pile on a kid with mental health issues who in all likelihood fckd up (a 21 yr old) and is probably getting shit advice.

I'd be asking why is everyone else so upset. The dogs insurance will cover any payout if it happens. We've gotten bad publicity for years over small shit so how is this any different. And the team is playing better at the moment. So what exactly is everyone so jacked up on?

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
They don’t even have to be there on time, they just have to call if they’re running late.
there’s no excuse.
If I'm not taking the piss I'm showing up well in advance of any schedule that frames is at as arrival.
Yep - thats my point. You can all insinuate up to your eyeballs but the moment I do I get called for it? Are we not on even playing fields here?
You have a personal take on mental health as you have been close to the coal front and take those claims from the alleged victim as 100% factual, which is at odds with the clubs position.
Others are skeptical of mental health claims where there is benefit or an appearance of using it to escape punishment because unfortunately people do game the mental health card.

I'm not going to pretend to know but I'm backing the clubs position.

Bulldog Bloke

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
They have no case. Because doing these things is part of what every player has done or has to do at times. Wrestling is part of their training. Plus one of the players was Nu Brown who has been at 5 clubs in 2 years... Just because players complain doesn't mean that they have a case.. Players complain at every club when they fall out of favour...

It's no coincidence that we get rid of players like RFM, Brown, Okunbur etc who were lazy on the field and not good enough, replace them with true professionals that have an unwavering work ethic, and now we're one of the most competitive teams in the comp week to week and the best defensive team in the comp after conceding over 30 points a game last year.

Everyone has bought in. No one has complained about the training methods. And the results are showing on the field. So maybe it's more on Topine, Brown, RFM etc and their shitty attitude than any fault of the club itself?
This right here.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Upset? I'm laughing my ass off at all of this. So much self righteousness from a range of people who weren't there, selectively pull out whatever quote fits their world view and therefore feel entitled to pile on a kid with mental health issues who in all likelihood fckd up (a 21 yr old) and is probably getting shit advice.

I'd be asking why is everyone else so upset. The dogs insurance will cover any payout if it happens. We've gotten bad publicity for years over small shit so how is this any different. And the team is playing better at the moment. So what exactly is everyone so jacked up on?
Like you said. You weren't there. And you are basing alot off a statement of claims from the plaintiff as if they wouldn't hold any bias what so ever.

Most people are saying. Even if the statement of claim is true. He is a pussy for taking this path.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So was Knight. And he got his hair dyed. You think they are the same? Or do you need to have a GF hosting the Sunday show to dodge a real punishment?
If Burns opted for the punishment after Topine had it. It means Jackson wasn't the only 1 to receive the punishment.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score

Most people are pissed that he's throwing his club and team mates under the bus and derailing what is shaping to be our most promising campaign in years. Notwithstanding according to commentary from players past and present this is standard punishment for taking the piss

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
If I'm not taking the piss I'm showing up well in advance of any schedule that frames is at as arrival.

You have a personal take on mental health as you have been close to the coal front and take those claims from the alleged victim as 100% factual until proven otherwise, which is at odds with the clubs position.
Others are skeptical of mental health claims where there is benefit or an appearance of using it to escape punishment because unfortunately people do game the mental health card.

I'm not going to pretend to know but I'm backing the clubs position.
Thats fair except as I added above. Not much fun watching someone kill themselves. Yes thats the extreme but you regret a lot of shit afterwards.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Hope Topine is made to look like the fool he is and has to work in the real world as a labourer until he’s 70 to set an example to his kids and grand kids that if your a soft cock you don’t get anywhere in life

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Like you said. You weren't there. And you are basing alot off a statement of claims from the plaintiff as if they wouldn't hold any bias what so ever.

Most people are saying. Even if the statement of claim is true. He is a pussy for taking this path.
And the clubs statements, knowing this has been in mediation since August last year don't hold some bias?

And exactly where does pussy come into this? Why are you so upset?

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Most people are pissed that he's throwing his club and team mates under the bus and derailing what is shaping to be our most promising campaign in years. Notwithstanding according to commentary from players past and present this is standard punishment for taking the piss
You think Matty Johns is reasonably fair? According to him in August last year its a fine line between punishment and humiliation and if true, he couldn't see what anyone gets out of it.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And the clubs statements, knowing this has been in mediation since August last year don't hold some bias?

And exactly where does pussy come into this? Why are you so upset?
It's typical of where society is headed.

Poor me. I got told to wrestle as punishment for being late to a wrestling class. But wait, boohoo I didn't think I was late even though the organisation that set the rules and ultimately determine if I am late, said I am late.

Enjoy laying bricks ya victim

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Who are his lawyers? It reads as though they got a junior to pull out a bunch of lines from a text book and attach a $4m claim to it to make it sound big.

Reality is they know how mediation generally works. You take the amount each side believes it’s owed, add it up and divide by 2 and that’s the middle ground so they want $2m out of it.

Good to see the club come out and say they will defend it and everyone behind it! He’ll get his day in court
My missus who is a lawyer that used to deal with workplace incidents said the same thing. Its like they've taken a uni graduate and asked them to pull out claims out of a textbook.

The settlement will be less than 1m. It will probably be one years salary.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
You think Matty Johns is reasonably fair? According to him in August last year its a fine line between punishment and humiliation and if true, he couldn't see what anyone gets out of it.
What anyone gets out of punishment? Litigation? Sorry not sure what you mean not trying to be a smart arse.

I don't take much credence in anything embellishment John's has to say, especially on the subject of humiliation.

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Where does this case end for NRL clubs? Does it mean that every time some squad player gets the hump over some training aspect that he cannot do or does not suite him, where he perhaps arguably feels bullied or intimidated, then he lawyers up & prosecutes the club for compensation?
He can always say enough is enough, resign and leave his employer and forget an NRL career…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bulldog Bloke

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Topine was 10 mins early for wrestling training. He was 20 mins late for strapping before the wrestling. Which he claimed he didn't need.

So maybe he should have been strapped then?
Arrive/strapping 8am, if I wasn’t needing strapping I would be there before 8am.

he is gone now and the shit culture that created him seems to have left the building also.

these are joyous times.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's typical of where society is headed.

Poor me. I got told to wrestle as punishment for being late to a wrestling class. But wait, boohoo I didn't think I was late even though the organisation that set the rules and ultimately determine if I am late, said I am late.

Enjoy laying bricks ya victim
Maybe topine thinks you're only late if you think you're late . . . So because he didn't think he was late, he couldn't have been.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
And it appears that after 6 months some equal ground couldn't be found then there is definitely some meat in the sandwich.
Maybe. Maybe not. Could be strictly financial.

Speculation but let’s say Dogs offered to pay him to the end of 2023 on current salary. He says 10 years. They say end of 2024, current salary + CPI increase. He says 8 years @ $500k/year - whole career stuff.

It may well be the parties were just so far apart on financial terms it’s when the matter is filed that all the emotional stuff comes out when all he wants is money.

Time will tell.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What anyone gets out of punishment? Litigation? Sorry not sure what you mean not trying to be a smart arse.

I don't take much credence in anything embellishment John's has to say, especially on the subject of humiliation.
Exactly. Is this the same Matty Johns that was part of an orgy in NZ when he played for the Sharks that led to a woman claiming sexual assault? I doubt he's the best expert on mental health because he got that swept under the rug while the alleged victim still claims that it was without her consent and she suffers mentally from the incident. So you can't take Topine's side and then use Matty Johns as an expert opinion considering his questionable history.