News Jack De Bellend Megathread

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

He will now be able to take up a lucrative four-year deal with more than $700,000 a season having spent the past two years on a restricted wage of $1000 a week.

So will this mean now that he will sue the NRL & Dragons?

I never liked this no-fault stand down because I thought that someone could be stood down for a long time & then the case could come back as not guilty (different to innocent). He should now sue.

EzyB

Banned
Reaction score

He will now be able to take up a lucrative four-year deal with more than $700,000 a season having spent the past two years on a restricted wage of $1000 a week.

So will this mean now that he will sue the NRL & Dragons?

I never liked this no-fault stand down because I thought that someone could be stood down for a long time & then the case could come back as not guilty (different to innocent). He should now sue.
He can’t sue the dragons as they stood by him but I hope he fucks the NRL up the arse.

ElMagic92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think if anyone was in the firing line, would be the NRL due to the no fault stand down.

Unless these players have signed and agreed to that policy in their contracts. Not too sure.

Dragons stood by him the whole time so they are safe.

Interesting to see how it plays out, and I wonder if a “all charges dropped” case differs from a “not guilty” verdict

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The accuser doesn’t deserve a ‘holiday’. She should be working the next 24 months of her life paying to compensate De Belin.
Disagree with you but we're all entitled to have an opinion.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Who pays for De Bellins legals.. they say its about 1mill..

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Charges dropped?

I haven’t been following the case closely but does that mean the girl
lied? Or not enough evidence

Go at the NRL for loss earnings ? Go at the girl for defamation and media ?

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think if anyone was in the firing line, would be the NRL due to the no fault stand down.

Unless these players have signed and agreed to that policy in their contracts. Not too sure.

Dragons stood by him the whole time so they are safe.

Interesting to see how it plays out, and I wonder if a “all charges dropped” case differs from a “not guilty” verdict
Means if they can get new evidence they can still bring charges against him in future.

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Charges dropped?

I haven’t been following the case closely but does that mean the girl
lied? Or not enough evidence

Go at the NRL for loss earnings ? Go at the girl for defamation and media ?
Not enough evidence. I find it hard to believe a 19 year old agreed to take it up the butt by 2 guys in their late 20's after just meeting them but hey her word vs their's.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Innocent until proven guilty.

The NRL is filled with incompetent leaders who think the no-fault stand down actually makes any sense. I dont like that the accused is named before being proven guilty, too many people have had their names dragged through the mud.

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He put himself in a stupid reckless situation regardless and he can thank his lucky stars he got off and isn't in jail with Hayne.
But he didn't commit any criminal acts, yet was sanctioned as if not innocent. Not "guilty", but he was not afforded presumption of innocence. The NRL took their chance, they will now see the repercussions of this. I expect that they will hastily try to offer De Belin a compensation package, to avoid court action. Almost certainly, De Belin's lawyers will reject that, start the formal proceedings, forcing a more intensive negotiation for "out of court" settlement.

I think considering De Belin now has a kid (and another on the way?), he will not want it to go to trial. But I think he doesn't forgo that court action at least.

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Oh, and the NRL will have to pay the Dragons for their losses at the very least, ie. covering at least his wages. If the Dragons don't have larger designs on what incidental damages they might have taken (loss of prize money, loss of performance based sponsorship uplifts, etc).

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He can't sue. He hasn't been cleared.
This is a bad take. He is presumed innocent. He doesn't need a verdict of not guilty to have that presumption intact. A not guilty verdict is just an affirmation of that. A guilty verdict needed to happen to break that presumption.

Further... the DPP dropping the charges -> meaning no pending charges -> means he has been cleared.