Opinion Jack Bird

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He’s a beast. Would be good to have someone up front with that mongrel.
We don't seem to have any grunt coming thru and Thommo will be gone, based on his wage . . . Grieg could be a decent, cut priced signing. 10 or 15 minutes either side of halftime

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wouldn’t say lazy from what I’ve seen he’s strong has a good fend does a hell of a lot more than some of the fuckwits we got ..clean swap for rfm
They can have Wadell, Okunbor and Flanagan for Hunt and Bird!

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Years ago I thought that the EARLY BIRD would catch the worm, not sure if this bird ever did though.

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Greig. Doesn't realise how big he is. At present, a log
Bird is good but seems to have a shit attitude. May come from his eyes being way too close.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Whether it's Bird or someone else, I'd prefer a skillful/ball playing lock at 13 rather than just another front rower, so long as that lock is still a good defender and can play 80 minutes or something close. Looking at what we already have I also wonder whether Preston could fill this role for us.
Presto probably better as a runner. I believe CC had identified Fam'u Brown to be our 13. Platooning maybe with TPJ. Injuries have cruelled his plans.
Our top side in the forwards now would probably be Brown as 13, platooning with TPJ off the bench, 2nd row Kikau and Preston, props King and Thompson. Props aren't that big but are mobile and run hard. Bench being TPJ, Waddell, and Sutton. For the future, Pele in the mix.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
My view on Wiremu Greig, big lad 1.92/124, only 23 (still young for a prop), played 13 NRL games, impact player, OK for 25 mins a game (his average this season), doesn't currently appear to have the motor for much more, makes decent metres but averages less than 1 tackle bust per game. Worth watching, as far as I know not yet signed for next year.

Always a Bulldog

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My view on Wiremu Greig, big lad 1.92/124, only 23 (still young for a prop), played 13 NRL games, impact player, OK for 25 mins a game (his average this season), doesn't currently appear to have the motor for much more, makes decent metres but averages less than 1 tackle bust per game. Worth watching, as far as I know not yet signed for next year.

Always a Bulldog
People are forgetting we got this guy... Also a couple of good kids in flegg.

1683697678599.png1683697696379.png

Last edited:

dogon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
People are forgetting we got this guy... Also a couple of good kids in flegg.

View attachment 70821View attachment 70822
Easy to forget Booth as he only played less than an hour of JF before breaking his ankle in Rd2 which required surgery to insert a rod. Hopefully back soon as Gus has high hopes giving him a top30 contract for 2024 & 2025

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
Would be an improvement on the 10 mins a game we get from Pele